Gazillion Entertainment

Relevance Date Difficulty

Design Director Interview

Design Director
Louisville, CO

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Gazillion Entertainment in March 2010.

Interview Details – I responded to an online lead from their recruiter on twitter and was contacted back immediately. An interview was set for 3 days later at GDC. I interviewed with the producer of the project I would work on and with the head of the Gazillion studio that was running the project. That interview turned into a second interview where I flew out to meet the team and interview with all of the leads on the project. The next day an offer was made that I negotiated slightly and signed the day after that.

Interview Question – They asked a lot of hard questions, specifically about how to lead a design team and how to handle taking over an existing design. The most difficult they question they asked was also the most crucial to their project: How do you handle a disagreement with the product owners when you know they're wrong?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was relatively simple -- the salary range possible was established early on and we negotiated other details around that to make the overall compensation package worthwhile to both parties. The conversation was had primarily with the recruiter so that it wasn't a pressure situation with the project director and very painless.

Senior Product Analyst Interview

Senior Product Analyst
San Mateo, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Gazillion Entertainment in March 2011.

Interview Details – Quite fast hiring process. Phone interview with the HR manager and another one with VP of Publishing. They got back with me after 3-4 days for 1-1 interviews. Interviewed with Marketing Manager, VP Of Publishing, VP of E-Commerce, and 2 studio heads.

Interview Question – What are some of the core KPI's that you look at when evaluating a games performance?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Marketing

The process took a day - interviewed at Gazillion Entertainment in January 2010.

Interview Details – phone interviews with staff who were themselves new
the culture was one of online casual games which didnt bode well for an MMO firm

Interview Questions

• Do you like the frat boy style culture of that creative agency:?   Answer Question
  • Wouldn't social relevance be the best lever for a successful MMO?:   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – offer too low, job title was very strange and unusable fo future career moves

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Gazillion Entertainment? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Gazillion Entertainment interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Gazillion Entertainment employees and interview candidates.