Gazillion Entertainment Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Gazillion Entertainment

Senior Product Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Gazillion Entertainment in March 2011.

Quite fast hiring process. Phone interview with the HR manager and another one with VP of Publishing. They got back with me after 3-4 days for 1-1 interviews. Interviewed with Marketing Manager, VP Of Publishing, VP of E-Commerce, and 2 studio heads.

Interview Questions
    • What are some of the core KPI's that you look at when evaluating a games performance?   Answer Question

Design Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Gazillion Entertainment in March 2010.

I responded to an online lead from their recruiter on twitter and was contacted back immediately. An interview was set for 3 days later at GDC. I interviewed with the producer of the project I would work on and with the head of the Gazillion studio that was running the project. That interview turned into a second interview where I flew out to meet the team and interview with all of the leads on the project. The next day an offer was made that I negotiated slightly and signed the day after that.

Interview Questions
    • They asked a lot of hard questions, specifically about how to lead a design team and how to handle taking over an existing design. The most difficult they question they asked was also the most crucial to their project: How do you handle a disagreement with the product owners when you know they're wrong?   View Answer
    It was relatively simple -- the salary range possible was established early on and we negotiated other details around that to make the overall compensation package worthwhile to both parties. The conversation was had primarily with the recruiter so that it wasn't a pressure situation with the project director and very painless.

Marketing Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Gazillion Entertainment in January 2010.

phone interviews with staff who were themselves new
    the culture was one of online casual games which didnt bode well for an MMO firm

Interview Questions
    • Do you like the frat boy style culture of that creative agency:?   Answer Question
    • Wouldn't social relevance be the best lever for a successful MMO?:   Answer Question

offer too low, job title was very strange and unusable fo future career moves