Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Gazprom Marketing & Trading
- Graduate (1)
- Human Resources (1)
- Risk (1)
- Commercial Analytics (1)
- Developer (1)
- Trader (1)
- Business Analyst (1)
- Gazprom Marketing and Trading (1)
- Gas Transportation Analyst (1)
- Intern Trading (1)
- Graduate- Front Office (1)
- Accepted Offer
Interview process is thorough but not extremely hard
Competitive pay package, but bonus incentives are hard to predict
- No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days – interviewed at Gazprom Marketing & Trading (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.
Had a phone interview with the manager. He asked me several technical questions about program syntax and posed a few technical problems and asked for solutions. This was followed by a coding exercise. The exercise was to be done in a few hours. I was given a couple of days to do it.
- How would you implement multi threading in python? Answer Question
- No OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at Gazprom Marketing & Trading (London, England (UK)).
First stage is online assesment in the form of a numerical, reading comprehension and logical test. The logical test being the hardest. The next stage was a phone interview. This was value based and you cant really prepare for it. The final stage was an assessment centre where the tasks were playing a card game and delivering a presentation about pumping oil in to a reservoir. Then there was a final interview with the HR and the hiring manager.
- If you were set three tasks and knew you can only physically complete two, what would you do? Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months – interviewed at Gazprom Marketing & Trading (London, England (UK)) in November 2014.
Online application followed by HR screening. First interview with hiring manager and HR representative. 2nd and final interview with desk heads and HR manager. Offer was then made by HR following sign off from management.
- Questions were based around experience and various scenarios that could be encountered and how you would approach them, key factors to consider, etc. There was also testing on your market/technical knowledge. Answer Question
Offer was fair based on market rate, experience and where you fit within the organisation.
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 5 weeks – interviewed at Gazprom Marketing & Trading (London, England (UK)) in October 2014.
Online application, 30 min. telephone and 2 face-to-face interviews. Very professional and friendly team, thorough pre-employment screening.
1st stage - competency based interview: one position related task, couple of general skills and experience related questions, 5-6 competency based questions.
2nd stage - a brief review of CV, couple of competency based questions followed by more targeted questions about your motivations, career aspirations, approach to working in a team.
- Precise questions on personality skills in dealing with tough situations involving conflict of interest, negotiation and team work. Answer Question
- No OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Gazprom Marketing & Trading.
- no technical questions, very conversational (opinions and experience) Answer Question
Helpful (1)No Offer
Very professional during interview process. One drawback was that it took substantially longer to hear back than they had told me initially. Interview mostly competency based, with a few brainteasers in between to test for logic. Also, make sure you do your research into energy markets and know a thing or two about the oil and gas market supply chain.
- Basic probability theory, arithmetic series, powers. Answer Question
Helpful (1)Accepted OfferAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 7 weeks – interviewed at Gazprom Marketing & Trading.
Initial 3-4 competency questions online, 4-5 weeks later got an invitation for online tests (verbal, numerical and logical from saville consulting), 1 week later got a phone call telling me that I am going to have a telephone interview 2 days later. the interview was completely competency based and fit, no question about company or industry.
- How do you build positive relationships with others? Had to go through it like a step by step process, which was a bit difficult as I never thought about it as such. Answer Question
- No OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 4 weeks – interviewed at Gazprom Marketing & Trading (London, England (UK)) in May 2012.
online application, 30 minute telephone interview and invite to the assessment center
- Describe a time when you had to take responsibility and defend your team. Answer Question
- Declined OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied in-person – interviewed at Gazprom Marketing & Trading (London, England (UK)) in April 2012.
Numerical reasoning test
- The difficulty of Gazprom MT being a daughter company of a larger and more influential company. Answer Question
Reasons for Declining
I got a better job offer
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review