Gazprom Marketing & Trading

Updated Mar 28, 2014
Updated Mar 28, 2014

3.3

Trader Interview

Interview process is thorough but not extremely hard

Competitive pay package, but bonus incentives are hard to predict

Human Resources Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Gazprom Marketing & Trading.

two interviews

Interview Questions
    • no technical questions, very conversational (opinions and experience)   Answer Question

Front Office Developer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Gazprom Marketing & Trading.

Telephone Interview

First few questions were technical which were bog standard questions around
    - Design Patterns (Talk about some)
    - OOP (Inheritance, Polymorphism, structure)
    - SQL

Though they knew I came from a consulting background and I had mentioned that I was involved in a very very short energy related project they expected me to know about specific systems relating to that energy firm. When, the time available for background research was a 1-2 days and over two weeks I had to briefly analyse 27 applications. That was enough for the interviewer to conclude that I made no attempt to understand business domain hence lack of offer.

Interview Questions
    • Provide a non-technology example of authorisation without authentication.   View Answer

Intern Trading Interview

Very professional during interview process. One drawback was that it took substantially longer to hear back than they had told me initially. Interview mostly competency based, with a few brainteasers in between to test for logic. Also, make sure you do your research into energy markets and know a thing or two about the oil and gas market supply chain.

Graduate Interview

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Gazprom Marketing & Trading.

Initial 3-4 competency questions online, 4-5 weeks later got an invitation for online tests (verbal, numerical and logical from saville consulting), 1 week later got a phone call telling me that I am going to have a telephone interview 2 days later. the interview was completely competency based and fit, no question about company or industry.

Interview Questions
    • How do you build positive relationships with others? Had to go through it like a step by step process, which was a bit difficult as I never thought about it as such.   Answer Question

Gazprom Marketing and Trading Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Gazprom Marketing & Trading in May 2012.

online application, 30 minute telephone interview and invite to the assessment center

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to take responsibility and defend your team.   Answer Question

Risk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied in-person - interviewed at Gazprom Marketing & Trading in April 2012.

Online application
    Numerical reasoning test
    Phone Interview
    Assessment Centre

Interview Questions
    • The difficulty of Gazprom MT being a daughter company of a larger and more influential company.   Answer Question

I got a better job offer

Commercial Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Gazprom Marketing & Trading in February 2012.

After three steps of easy numerical, logical and verbal tests + 3 competency based questions by email, I was invited for a phone interview.
    I got puzzled by the type of interview, totally focused on specific competency based questions not related to the role or some research about the company.
    I found the interview extremely challenging for two reasons:
    1) Precise questions on personality skills in dealing with tough situations;
    2) The interviewer was quite nervous about respecting times and kept interrupting me every minute neutralizing any CAR structure of the answer. Go straight to the point with them :)

Another negative factor is the bad quality of the recruitment team about contacting the candidates for the outcome: some people have not received any answer yet after the AC was scheduled!
    What a lack of professionalism and respect!
    Except for benefits and the high reputation / growth perspectives of the company, I would not suggest to waste your time with Gazprom M&T.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about someone who asked you to change your approach to do a thing: how did you react? did you change your mind?   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of a time when you helped someone who had to rely on you: how did you behave? What was your role in that occasion?   Answer Question

Worked for Gazprom Marketing & Trading? Contribute to the Community!