Gazprom Marketing & Trading

Updated Jan 6, 2015
Updated Jan 6, 2015

3.4

Trader Interview

Interview process is thorough but not extremely hard

Competitive pay package, but bonus incentives are hard to predict

Graduate- Front Office Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Gazprom Marketing & Trading.

First stage is online assesment in the form of a numerical, reading comprehension and logical test. The logical test being the hardest. The next stage was a phone interview. This was value based and you cant really prepare for it. The final stage was an assessment centre where the tasks were playing a card game and delivering a presentation about pumping oil in to a reservoir. Then there was a final interview with the HR and the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • If you were set three tasks and knew you can only physically complete two, what would you do?   Answer Question

Gas Transportation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Gazprom Marketing & Trading in November 2014.

Online application followed by HR screening. First interview with hiring manager and HR representative. 2nd and final interview with desk heads and HR manager. Offer was then made by HR following sign off from management.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were based around experience and various scenarios that could be encountered and how you would approach them, key factors to consider, etc. There was also testing on your market/technical knowledge.   Answer Question
    Offer was fair based on market rate, experience and where you fit within the organisation.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Gazprom Marketing & Trading in October 2014.

Online application, 30 min. telephone and 2 face-to-face interviews. Very professional and friendly team, thorough pre-employment screening.

1st stage - competency based interview: one position related task, couple of general skills and experience related questions, 5-6 competency based questions.

2nd stage - a brief review of CV, couple of competency based questions followed by more targeted questions about your motivations, career aspirations, approach to working in a team.

Interview Questions
    • Precise questions on personality skills in dealing with tough situations involving conflict of interest, negotiation and team work.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Gazprom Marketing & Trading.

two interviews

Interview Questions
    • no technical questions, very conversational (opinions and experience)   Answer Question

Front Office Developer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Gazprom Marketing & Trading.

Telephone Interview

First few questions were technical which were bog standard questions around
    - Design Patterns (Talk about some)
    - OOP (Inheritance, Polymorphism, structure)
    - SQL

Though they knew I came from a consulting background and I had mentioned that I was involved in a very very short energy related project they expected me to know about specific systems relating to that energy firm. When, the time available for background research was a 1-2 days and over two weeks I had to briefly analyse 27 applications. That was enough for the interviewer to conclude that I made no attempt to understand business domain hence lack of offer.

Interview Questions
    • Provide a non-technology example of authorisation without authentication.   View Answer

Intern Trading Interview

Very professional during interview process. One drawback was that it took substantially longer to hear back than they had told me initially. Interview mostly competency based, with a few brainteasers in between to test for logic. Also, make sure you do your research into energy markets and know a thing or two about the oil and gas market supply chain.

Graduate Interview

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Gazprom Marketing & Trading.

Initial 3-4 competency questions online, 4-5 weeks later got an invitation for online tests (verbal, numerical and logical from saville consulting), 1 week later got a phone call telling me that I am going to have a telephone interview 2 days later. the interview was completely competency based and fit, no question about company or industry.

Interview Questions
    • How do you build positive relationships with others? Had to go through it like a step by step process, which was a bit difficult as I never thought about it as such.   Answer Question

Gazprom Marketing and Trading Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Gazprom Marketing & Trading in May 2012.

online application, 30 minute telephone interview and invite to the assessment center

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to take responsibility and defend your team.   Answer Question

Risk Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I applied in-person – interviewed at Gazprom Marketing & Trading in April 2012.

Online application
    Numerical reasoning test
    Phone Interview
    Assessment Centre

Interview Questions
    • The difficulty of Gazprom MT being a daughter company of a larger and more influential company.   Answer Question

I got a better job offer