Gbbn Architects Engrs Plnrs

Relevance Date Difficulty

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Cincinnati, OH

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Gbbn Architects Engrs Plnrs in January 2014.

Interview Details – Was initially contacted via phone and asked to set up a phone interview almost immediately. The initial phone interview was with a single person, and was a mix of standard behavioral questions and questions about my experience and expertise,but weighted towards behavioral questions.
The initial phone interview was followed by a second phone interview a couple of weeks later with the initial interviewer and an additional interviewer. I was asked to submit a portfolio of my work, and the interview started with me walking the interviewers through my portfolio, describing my role on each project and why it was significant. The interview was very interactive with back and forth questions and commentary from both sides.
I was asked to travel to Cincinnati a couple of weeks later for a full day of interviews with various staff. I met with a couple of folks for dinner the night before, and had meetings the following day from a breakfast meeting until about 4:00 pm. Some were one-on-one interviews, most were groups of 2-3 people, and one was me presenting my portfolio to a group of 6-8 people who would be my peers in the firm. In general, the interviews were relaxed and open. I was encouraged to ask questions of them. The day wrapped up with an interview with the CEO.
The interviews seemed to flow well, and I think I presented myself in the best light possible. I sent email thank-yous to everyone who took time to meet with me, and got a brief response from one interviewer telling me that I should expect to hear from the person who initially contacted me.

After that...crickets...

After 5-6 weeks with no response, I followed up with the two people who were my closest contacts in the interview process. I assumed I had not gotten the job, and asked for feedback that might be useful to me in the future. I was told I was still in the running for the position, but that they had not had time to call my references. Two months after my interview I was finally told that the job had not been filled, but that I was no longer under consideration.

I confirmed that my references were never called at all.

Interview Question – Most difficult question came from the CEO. He asked me about my 30-60-90 day "game plan" of what I would do if I got the job. The previous interviews had focused on my past-my skills and experience. This one was tough to answer without having a better understanding of the firm's goals, marketing strategy and how they differentiate themselves in the market, and how my work would fit into those.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Gbbn Architects Engrs Plnrs? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Gbbn Architects Engrs Plnrs interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Gbbn Architects Engrs Plnrs employees and interview candidates.