Geek Squad Counter Intelligence Agent Interview Questions

2.9

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Counter Intelligence Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Geek Squad in February 2012.

Filled out online application, face to face interview and received an offer on the spot. Pee in a cup and your employed!

Interview Questions
  • How to deal with an irate client who bought a new computer two months ago and now it has a virus on it and we cannot remove it for free.   Answer Question
I cannot work for less than $15 an hour - "Well the job caps out at $13 an hour" - Thanks for your time - "Wait a minute let me see.... okay I can do $14 but you cannot tell anyone in the store that you make that much" - DEAL

Other Interview Reviews for Geek Squad

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Geek Squad in October 2011.

I applied online from a job posting on craigslist. The application took me about 25 minutes. About 3 days later I received a phone call confirming an appointment for an interview. I showed up, was interviewed promptly, and informed of a secondary interview date 2 days later. After the second interview, I was given an address for drug testing. After I passed, I was called in for a final, short interview during which I was formally presented with a job offer and given a date for orientation.

Interview Questions
    • There were no real difficult questions   View Answer
    Short, the pay and hours offered were satisfactory.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Racine, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Racine, WI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Geek Squad in September 2010.

One interview with the DCI, two interviews with HR lead. All interviews conducted on site (in store).

Interview Questions
    • What do you find to be the most important aspect of computer repair going forward.   View Answer
    No negotiable compensation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, NH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, NH

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Geek Squad in August 2010.

I had worked for Best Buy in Greenville, NC for about 4 years already, so when I saw the position posted on our internet careers site I called the store directly. I asked to speak with the Manager on Duty and introduced myself and expressed my interest for the job, they had me apply online and I had a follow up call later that week with the GM. It was extremely laid back and informal. But I imagine anyone applying from outside the organization shouldn't expect this at all. This is still a sales position and they will be looking for those who are proven sales professionals and also highly technical.

Interview Questions
    • I can't really remember the questions they asked, but I will say be expected to answer mostly sales related.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in BrenTownshipood, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in BrenTownshipood, MO

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Geek Squad in February 2010.

I filled out an online application for a GeekSquad CIA position, which was very standard (past employment, education, Unicru personality test, etc.), and was called in for a group interview about three weeks later. There were about two dozen people at the interview, and we had all applied for different positions within Best Buy. We were arranged in a circle and asked to introduce ourselves and to tell everybody who our favorite superhero was and why. After several more "quick-on-your-feet" questions, we were asked what we would be interested in doing if we were hired (which perturbed me a bit, since I had applied for a specific position, and I assume everybody had as well, but we were all initially lumped together). We were then split into smaller groups, and I went with the GeekSquad group. We went over to the GeekSquad counter and did some roleplaying - one applicant as a customer, one as an employee, and one to critique the interaction. I assumed that the best way to get noticed by the interviewers would be to volunteer to be the mock employee, so I did, and I think I did a fairly good job answering the fake question I was dealt. We were short on time, so everybody in our group only got to play one role. We finished and met back up with the rest of the groups and were asked one last "quick-on-your-feet" question (What is your favorite word and why), and were told that we'd be called for a second interview if they were interested. Two days later (a Friday) I was called and an interview was scheduled for the following Tuesday. It was a two-on-one interview with a floor manager and the head of the GeekSquad "precinct". I was asked to talk about myself, about my experience with computers, how I would go about explaining tech stuff to customers, why I wanted to work at Best Buy, etc. Standard stuff. I was then asked to leave the room for a bit. The GeekSquad guy then came and got me, and we scheduled a third interview for the following Friday. This interview was a one-on-one with the general manager, and he asked me to tell him a little about myself, and the only other scripted question I can recall him asking was about how I feel about theft. He then offered me a job.

Interview Questions
    • How would you communicate very complex technical information to a customer who wasn't very computer savvy?   View Answer
    No, it didn't seem like there was any room for negotiation - the general manager was quite adamant that they simply didn't hire people on a full-time basis, but that if I worked hard, I could be promoted to a full-time position rather quickly.

I would advise people to consider the fact that so much of a position at GeekSquad is about sales and convincing a customer to buy a particular product or service. Even though I'm A+ certified and have years of experience in technical support, very little of what I do involves actually fixing computers - it's not uncommon for one agent to in back trying to fix dozens of computers at once (a Sisyphean task if there ever was one), while four or five agents are up front with customers (some of whom are quite irate at the length of time that there broken computer has been in the shop), checking in computers and trying to tack on other services. At least that's been my experience. So seriously, consider if that's the kind of job you want, and don't labor under any misconceptions about it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Geek Squad in September 2009.

Phone call, 1st interview, General Manager Interview.

Interview Questions
    • If you see someone stealing what would you do?   View Answer
    • If you see an employee taking a penny from the register, what would you do?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Geek Squad in August 2009.

Hiring process was easy, online application and two interviews.

Interview Questions
    • How do you know when a power supply is not functioning correctly?   View Answer
    No give on new hires and you have to take their pay rate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Bend, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Bend, IN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Geek Squad in July 2009.

Went to the Best Buy website and applied. The website had me complete a personality test which then got submitted.

I got a call from Best Buy about a week later, setting up a walk-in interview with them.

I entered the store and checked in, being told to wait. I noticed other people getting interviews at the same time. I felt I was easily over-dressed with a tie, button up, and slacks compared with the others sitting.

After the wait, we went into a small cubicle office. I was first questioned with the conventional interview process by the Hiring Manager, who then invited in the Geek Squad Manager and the Sales Manager. Everyone got a strong feel for me and my personality and then let me go and told me they'd let me know.

I got a call a few days later setting up some first hours, getting the outfit, and completing a drug test.

Interview Questions
    I didn't negotiate the pay since they started me with a fairly high wage based on previous work experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manhattan, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manhattan, KS

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Geek Squad in April 2009.

Quite honestly they take themselves a bit too seriously during the interview process for a retail job. At no points was I questioned about computers or technology, even though the job I applied for (and was offered) was a repair position. The process is simple enough, one phone interviews with three in person interviews (the third interview is just a job offer), but takes the span of ten or so days. After the final interview you have 24-48 hours to submit to a drug test.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you had an issue with a coworker that was not "pulling their load", and what you did to solve it.   Answer Question
    You CANNOT negotiate. The offer is take it or leave it.