Geek Squad Geek Squad CIA Interview Questions

Updated Aug 30, 2014

2.3

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Geek Squad CIA Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Geek Squad.

My application was submitted online and I turned in a physical copy to the Deputy of Counter Intelligence. I made multiple contacts with the DCI before getting an official interview and was giving a second interview within 2 days. I was hired after a second interview in which I discussed pay and hours in more detail.

Interview Questions
  • There where no questions which stood out as difficult or unexpected. The entire interview process consisted of standard questions involving experience, background, intent for future development and opened ended questions asking for feedback FOR the interviewer.   Answer Question
Negotiation was very straight forward, I explained my skills and abilities and asked the hiring manager for a specific pay rate that I felt matched.

Other Interview Reviews for Geek Squad

Geek Squad CIA Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Geek Squad.

The hiring procedure is a very long procedure

Geek Squad CIA Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Geek Squad.

I submitted my application online for a different position and was contacted 2 days later by the HR lady. She talked with me about the original position and said she wanted me to apply for the CIA position she had just posted. I applied for that position and she called me back to schedule an interview. She asked some general questions about how much I want to work at bestbuy and what hours I could work. She then scheduled an interview for two days later.

That interview was in a small poorly lit, cluttered room about the size of a large closet. There were 3 chairs and a very large safe. They asked several questions to list previous experiences helping customers, working with a team, putting a teams best in first priority, etc. This interview was generally awkward and the two guys interviewing me seemed to be as awkward as me. Maybe their first time interviewing someone. Well, I thought I probably did not have the job after this one because of how awkward it went and I never really got an opportunity to show my strong points.

Well, the next day I got another call from the HR lady to schedule an interview with the GM. we scheduled that for 2 days later. This was also in the closet sized room with the safe. This interview was extremely relaxed, and actually quite fun. I really got to show off my skills and strong technical points. This went great.

At the end of the interview he offered me the job. He explained how to accept the offer online and told me how much the pay would be. We shook hands and went our separate ways.

Interview Questions
    • What's a time you had to use an information system.   View Answer
    No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Issaquah, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Issaquah, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Geek Squad in April 2012.

There is a two interview process, one with the current Geek Squad supervisor (Deputy of Counter Intelligence), and the other with the current General Manager. The first interview is your chance to shine, if you get called into the second interview, it is to validate your prior review and receive an offer for employment. GM's are typically disconnected from the rest of the store and hire based on the outcome of the first interview with the current supervisor of whatever department you are applying for.

Interview Questions
    • Times I have gone above and beyond for a client in a customer service situation. Geek Squad isn't just a computer repair job, it is a client relationship job and you will be responsible for alleviating client issues in the best way possible.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooks, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooks, KY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Geek Squad in September 2011.

There was an initial phone interview by HR to assess technical knowledge. A+ level stuff. Then a more in-depth interview with slightly more in-depth technical questions, plus the personality review and typical "if you saw someone stealing..." type questions. If they are in a hiring rush, the process will be very quick and easy. They will give just about anyone who owns a computer and plays video games a black tie. But for more individual positions they will offer up much more scrutiny.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions struck me a particularly difficult. Again, A+ level stuff. I do tend to struggle with the ethics questions as I feel they are trying to trap me. Since it is a retail chain, they really spend a lot of time on ethics questinos.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiating on pay. Pay is run almost like a union, with very little variance in bay based on performance or skillset. They will promote based on this, but you will make what your peers make, give or take $0.10.

Geek Squad CIA Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Geek Squad in August 2010.

Applied online and waited a week before being contacted. Had a brief phone interview where they just asked basic questions. Then three interviews and waited a month after drug testing to finally start. Interviewed with the store manager, home life manager, and finally the DCI.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartsdale, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartsdale, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Geek Squad in March 2010.

The hiring interview (All of Best Buy) consisted of a online application, whioch had a green for go or red for no go status. After that there was a phone interview 2 days later. It was pleasnt. Why do u want to work with best buy, where do u live, do u have a valid way of getting here?

Next was in interview with the Sup/ manager of the Department i applied for. Consisted of a skill test in computers, a personality test with ther manager and then a group interview with other applying members.

Last interview was with the GM/ General Manager (If you get here, 90% you in the game :D ) this was a strictly !:! and it was nice. Same questions asked in the phone interview as well as some personal things added on there.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in this company/ furture.   View Answer
    The negotiation was loose. They play a dirty game here. Influentially i was screwed with promises and was never under my contract and it turned fulfilling.

only advise. Aim high but respectful for your position and then negotiate down.

Geek Squad CIA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anonang, Pangasinan (Philippines)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anonang, Pangasinan (Philippines)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Geek Squad.

Pretty lame... 3 interviews and not a single IT related question

Interview Questions
    We are going to offer you this set amount... no negotiation

Geek Squad CIA Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Geek Squad.

Know what your talking about. If you have to study the night before on computer terminology and other technical parts and processes. Painting a good picture is better than showing the "true" picture. They might test your skills, so be smart, take your time, and know as much as you can. They will train you, so you don't have to be a genius in the computer field, but you do have to have a clue. =)

Interview Questions
    • Didn't really happen. I guess the most unexpected one was asking "name a time you helped someone diagnose a computer or fix it, and how you went about solving the issue."   View Answer
    Ask for a high pay, because nationally, this job pays well. Don't give them a number lower than 11 an hour. if part-time, full-time 13 an hour.