Geek Squad Interview Questions

Updated Jul 5, 2015

2.4

Advanced Repair Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Geek Squad (Fairfax, VA).

Interview

The interview process was very straight forward. Not only were the questions IT related, they were also situation based. The interviewer asked me questions on my general knowledge of computers and my previous experiences. The interviewer also asked me questions about how I would handle a situation if I were to be in one. Overall, I did not think the interview was very tricky or difficult.

Interview Questions

• If a client at the counter was yelling at you because the computer was not properly fixed and there was a long line of clients, how would you handle the situation?   2 Answers

Central Dispatch Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Geek Squad.

Interview

They asked easy behavioral questions. One example of the questions they asked is, "If you could be an animal what would you be?" I got offered position immediately after interview. After the interview, I had to take a simple logic test that didn't seem to matter if you passed or failed. Also, there is two weeks of training and you have to pass training in order to work in Geek Squad Central Dispatch. Not everyone passes training.

Consultation Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Geek Squad (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

First interview asked basic situational questions. Be prepared with good answers that focus on providing good customer service. This is more of a customer service sales position so keep that in mind.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you went above and beyond at a job?   Answer Question

Geek Squad, Consultation Agent Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Geek Squad.

Interview

Asked of past experience; was incredibly simple. Only asked very simple questions on what I'd done and what I'd like to do in the future. So if you answer honestly and aren't nervous it's no problem.

Computer Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Geek Squad (Miami, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

Most unprofessional interview I had. Manager was 45 min late to the interview. He proceeded to take me to the office at best buy where it wasn't even a room it was the managers office and there was 2-4 other employees just making jokes and playing games on their phone during the interview. Don't bother with this job there's so many other companies that will value you more than best buy.

ARA (Advanced Repair Agent) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Geek Squad (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2015.

Interview

First met with the precinct manager and discussed education, experience, and certifications, along with some standard "Descrbe a situation when..." questions. Next met with the general manager, discussed expectations, and was made an offer.

Geek Squad, Consultation Agent Interview

Application

The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Geek Squad.

Interview

I applied online. It took about 35 minutes total. You take a short assessment test which takes about 15 minutes. The same day I was contacted to setup a interview . I had my first out of two interviews the weekend 2 days after that. I'm going in for my second interview with the GM today.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Haven't gotten there yet

Geek Squad RA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Geek Squad (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

Was originally applying for a position on the sales floor at Best Buy again after moving, but was told I had the knowledge to join with Geek Squad. If you can build a computer from scratch and operate base programming, definitely let them know. They'll request you become a geek. Took 2-3 weeks, so be prepared for a long interview process.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a situation where... (etc.)   1 Answer

Geek Squad Consultation Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Geek Squad.

Interview

I received a phone call from management asking me to come in for an interview. The GM asked me a few questions regarding job history and my interest in Best Buy. I was offered the position on the spot.

Advanced Repair Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Geek Squad.

Interview

Applied online, Called in for two interviews one with the geek squad manager the second with the store manager. Able to ace their interview questioner pack, same as most retailers. Pay negotiation was none existent.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a stressful situation and provide an example.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiating, the store manager(who stole from the store and was later arrested for the crime) did not budge on his original offer of $9.45 an hour. Only raises came from switching to an ARA position.