Geisinger Health System Interview Questions in Danville, PA

Updated Jul 3, 2015

3.2

Chaplain-Resident Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Danville, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Geisinger Health System (Danville, PA) in January 2013.

Interview

Along with the ACPE application, expect a day-long multi-person interview where you'll have lot's of opportunities to ask questions. You will meet most of the current staff, including current residents. There will be several rounds of interviews throughout the day. Hiring involves a state police background check with fingerprinting and child abuse clearances. Your references will be contacted.

Interview Questions

• Not unexpected, just difficult: why residency here now?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, but I live in the area. Those from outside the area have negotiated housing assistance / arrangements.

Chaplain Resident Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Danville, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Geisinger Health System (Danville, PA) in January 2013.

Interview

The process began with an ACPE application, essay, and references, followed by an initial interview, second interview and tour of the facility. The tour with several different people also factors into the decision-making even though it isn't officially a formal interview. Overall it is structured very well with lots of opportunities to ask questions and dig into the specifics of the program. Your willingness to ask meaningful questions and share your observations is noticed.

Interview Questions

• Why residency now? A tiny little question opening up an enormous swath of my life.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate because the offer fit my needs.

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Danville, PA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Geisinger Health System (Danville, PA) in December 2012.

Interview

I should have known from the beginning that it was going to be horrible when 2 of the folks interviewing me were tag-teaming telling me how awful the department was.

Interview Questions

• I dont recall specifically because they were too busy telling me how bad it was.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiating

Physician Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Danville, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Geisinger Health System (Danville, PA) in May 2011.

Interview

Flew my wife and I up from florida. Picked us up in a limousine at the airport. Had a welcome basket awaiting us in our hotel room. Free breakfast in the hotel. Realtor took my wife house hunting while i was in the interview where I met head of nursing, director of the department as well as the medical director of the hospital. Very friendly and completely un-intimidating. felt like they really wanted to start a relationship.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to do critical care medicine as a PA   1 Answer

Staff Physician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Danville, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Geisinger Health System (Danville, PA) in January 2010.

Interview

sent my CV, they paid for flight, rental car, hotel; detailed itinerary with interviews the physicians in the department, as well as the managers; breakfast, lunch and dinner were incorporated into the interview; wife got a tour of the area with real estate agent; wife also had lunch with the wife of one of the physicians; they also try to find a job for the spouse since there are no other major employers

Interview Questions

• Why come to Geisinger to work?   1 Answer
    • What ties do you have to central Pennsylvannia?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No. Would ask for a sign on bonus; also would ask that the incentive portion of the salary be given immediately instead of after a year

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Danville, PA

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Geisinger Health System (Danville, PA) in June 2009.

Interview

Met with group of current HR employees, supervisor and head of HR. Perception is that they are overworked and understaffed. The group of current HR employees said several times that they used to be able to return calls within 24 hours and the time keeps increasing. I left with the feeling they cannot keep up with the demands of the growing company. The head of HR asked questions 'off the top of his head' and when I left the office I questioned if I wanted to work in that department at this company since I did not like the demeanor of the supervisory staff. I was told they met as a group to compare notes and make a hiring decision.

Interview Questions

• They asked how I would handle confidentiality since the organization is so large and there may be a chance family or friends also work there.   Answer Question
    • Did you ever have to tell the CEO or your boss that you did not agree with them?   Answer Question
    • Asked questions about prior experience with internal investigations.   Answer Question
    • Asked about experience doing large group orientations, presentations, or trainings.   Answer Question
    • Asked ability to create/maintain relationships with department supervisors.   1 Answer