Geisinger Health System

Getting the Interview

12 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Radiologic Technologist Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Geisinger Health System.

Interview Details – It was fair with basic questions reflecting the skill level.

Interview Question – What do you see as your weakness?   Answer Question

Chaplain Resident Interview

Chaplain Resident
Danville, PA

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Geisinger Health System in January 2013.

Interview Details – The process began with an ACPE application, essay, and references, followed by an initial interview, second interview and tour of the facility. The tour with several different people also factors into the decision-making even though it isn't officially a formal interview. Overall it is structured very well with lots of opportunities to ask questions and dig into the specifics of the program. Your willingness to ask meaningful questions and share your observations is noticed.

Interview Question – Why residency now? A tiny little question opening up an enormous swath of my life.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate because the offer fit my needs.

Chaplain-Resident Interview

Danville, PA

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Geisinger Health System in January 2013.

Interview Details – Along with the ACPE application, expect a day-long multi-person interview where you'll have lot's of opportunities to ask questions. You will meet most of the current staff, including current residents. There will be several rounds of interviews throughout the day. Hiring involves a state police background check with fingerprinting and child abuse clearances. Your references will be contacted.

Interview Question – Not unexpected, just difficult: why residency here now?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation, but I live in the area. Those from outside the area have negotiated housing assistance / arrangements.

ER Tech Interview

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Geisinger Health System.

Interview Details – To get a job here I first submitted an application via the geisinger website. I was very interested in the job opportunity so called until I got a set date for the interview. It took around 3 months to get my interview, I was told there that I got the job. After this it still took another 3 months to actually start working. I had to get some shots and vaccinations, certified for cpr, and a lot of competencies to make sure I was fit to work in the emergency room.

Interview Question – Describe a situation in which you helped someone else but had no mutual benefit or personal gain.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Assistant Intern Interview

Interviewed at Geisinger Health System

Interview Details – Required two letters of recommendation, a cover letter, and resume. Let you know of interview about one month after application via email. Interview consisted of 4 separate interviews with various managers.

Interview Question – Mainly questions regarding work habits. Not direct behavioral questions but expect something similar. Asked whether you would start your own business or work in a corporation and why.   Answer Question

Physician Assistant Interview

Wilkes-Barre, PA

I applied through other source and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Geisinger Health System in June 2010.

Interview Details – the credentialing took a long time once competed was pretty straight forward a lot of phone calls and get together with administrators, MD, nursing staff. Very rigorous background check, need a toxicology screen which is appropriate.
Interviewers were friendly. Questions were related to previous experience, testing your knowledge on a subject.
Interview took several phases. Once completed had a feedback from managers. Overall a good, rigorous process

Interview Question – what are your expectations of this position   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I accepted was better choice for me

Clinical Research Assistant Interview

Wilkes-Barre, PA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Geisinger Health System in August 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring process consists of filling out your online profile through their specific career center online or through a hiring agency. Don't get discouraged it takes weeks to months for this process of reviewing all applicants. Then you may receive a phone call which in my case was a first interview. Then you go to a second interview if offered at the hospital and unknown to me it was a panel interview so be prepared for the likelihood of that occurrence.

Interview Question – The most difficult part of this process is being myself when responding but not wanting to come off the wrong way. The question as to why you would be good at this particular job, or where do you see yourself in the next five years. My honest answer and what I would hope for would be working for this particular company and just being informed and working my way up salary and other wise.   View Answer

Staff Physician Interview

Danville, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Geisinger Health System in January 2010.

Interview Details – sent my CV, they paid for flight, rental car, hotel; detailed itinerary with interviews the physicians in the department, as well as the managers; breakfast, lunch and dinner were incorporated into the interview; wife got a tour of the area with real estate agent; wife also had lunch with the wife of one of the physicians; they also try to find a job for the spouse since there are no other major employers

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No. Would ask for a sign on bonus; also would ask that the incentive portion of the salary be given immediately instead of after a year

Human Resources Interview

Danville, PA

The process took a day - interviewed at Geisinger Health System in June 2009.

Interview Details – Met with group of current HR employees, supervisor and head of HR. Perception is that they are overworked and understaffed. The group of current HR employees said several times that they used to be able to return calls within 24 hours and the time keeps increasing. I left with the feeling they cannot keep up with the demands of the growing company. The head of HR asked questions 'off the top of his head' and when I left the office I questioned if I wanted to work in that department at this company since I did not like the demeanor of the supervisory staff. I was told they met as a group to compare notes and make a hiring decision.

Interview Questions

• They asked how I would handle confidentiality since the organization is so large and there may be a chance family or friends also work there.   Answer Question
  • Did you ever have to tell the CEO or your boss that you did not agree with them?   Answer Question
  • Asked questions about prior experience with internal investigations.   Answer Question
  • Asked about experience doing large group orientations, presentations, or trainings.   Answer Question
  • Asked ability to create/maintain relationships with department supervisors.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Patient Access Representative Interview

Patient Access Representative
Wilkes Barre, PA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Geisinger Health System in February 2011.

Interview Details – I am very qualified for the positions that I was interviewed for, and they state that they gave the job internally... which i find funny since I am still considered an employee til September. I know the ins and outs front and back side of Geisinger but can't seem to get rehired.(job was relocated)

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Geisinger Health System? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Geisinger Health System interview questions and advice. All 12 interview reviews posted anonymously by Geisinger Health System employees and interview candidates.