Geisinger Health System Interview Questions

Updated Jun 1, 2015

2.8

Pharmacy Technician II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilkes-Barre, PA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Geisinger Health System (Wilkes-Barre, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was short, sweet, and to the point. The interviewer had very few questions. Instead, they offered a lot of insight into the company and its operations and policies. If they are interested in hiring you, they will come to you for the interview if you can't make it to them. My interview was actually at at a restaurant after regular business hours. The only thing they aren't too open about during the interview is the compensation and benefits.

Bio Statistician Interview

Interview

it went well. They introduced themselves most of the time and then they asked all project related questions. very friendly and not tricky questions. Then they introduced the place and the work environment. it went well in general.Then they introduced the place and the work environment. it went well in general.

Radiologic Technologist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Geisinger Health System.

Interview

It was fair with basic questions reflecting the skill level.

ER Tech Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Geisinger Health System.

Interview

To get a job here I first submitted an application via the geisinger website. I was very interested in the job opportunity so called until I got a set date for the interview. It took around 3 months to get my interview, I was told there that I got the job. After this it still took another 3 months to actually start working. I had to get some shots and vaccinations, certified for cpr, and a lot of competencies to make sure I was fit to work in the emergency room.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you helped someone else but had no mutual benefit or personal gain.   Answer Question

Interview

Required two letters of recommendation, a cover letter, and resume. Let you know of interview about one month after application via email. Interview consisted of 4 separate interviews with various managers.

Interview Questions

• Mainly questions regarding work habits. Not direct behavioral questions but expect something similar. Asked whether you would start your own business or work in a corporation and why.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Geisinger Health System in January 2013.

Interview

Interview was quite easy, nothing too difficult. Asked about prior experience, working in teams, time I faced a difficult situation. The managers were nice, but seemed to be very busy. The whole process took about 3 weeks.

Received a better offer

Chaplain-Resident Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Danville, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Geisinger Health System (Danville, PA) in January 2013.

Interview

Along with the ACPE application, expect a day-long multi-person interview where you'll have lot's of opportunities to ask questions. You will meet most of the current staff, including current residents. There will be several rounds of interviews throughout the day. Hiring involves a state police background check with fingerprinting and child abuse clearances. Your references will be contacted.

Interview Questions

• Not unexpected, just difficult: why residency here now?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, but I live in the area. Those from outside the area have negotiated housing assistance / arrangements.

Chaplain Resident Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Danville, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Geisinger Health System (Danville, PA) in January 2013.

Interview

The process began with an ACPE application, essay, and references, followed by an initial interview, second interview and tour of the facility. The tour with several different people also factors into the decision-making even though it isn't officially a formal interview. Overall it is structured very well with lots of opportunities to ask questions and dig into the specifics of the program. Your willingness to ask meaningful questions and share your observations is noticed.

Interview Questions

• Why residency now? A tiny little question opening up an enormous swath of my life.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate because the offer fit my needs.

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Danville, PA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Geisinger Health System (Danville, PA) in December 2012.

Interview

I should have known from the beginning that it was going to be horrible when 2 of the folks interviewing me were tag-teaming telling me how awful the department was.

Interview Questions

• I dont recall specifically because they were too busy telling me how bad it was.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiating

Clinical Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilkes-Barre, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Geisinger Health System (Wilkes-Barre, PA) in August 2012.

Interview

The hiring process consists of filling out your online profile through their specific career center online or through a hiring agency. Don't get discouraged it takes weeks to months for this process of reviewing all applicants. Then you may receive a phone call which in my case was a first interview. Then you go to a second interview if offered at the hospital and unknown to me it was a panel interview so be prepared for the likelihood of that occurrence.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult part of this process is being myself when responding but not wanting to come off the wrong way. The question as to why you would be good at this particular job, or where do you see yourself in the next five years. My honest answer and what I would hope for would be working for this particular company and just being informed and working my way up salary and other wise.   1 Answer