Gemalto Interview Questions

Updated Aug 10, 2015

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Gemalto (Austin, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Phone interview was a straight forward Java full stack developer type of conversation. The interviewer asked about my experience and then followed up with some technical question. I was fairly confident I answered them all correctly. After the technical test, it led to me just asking him questions about the development team, methodologies, work-life balance...

Software Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Gemalto (Austin, TX).

Interview

I had the telephonic interview and I was asked to explain my previous work and projects. Secondly I was asked to assume a situation and solve the process and suggest possible solutions to it.

Interview Questions

• Nothing as such if you know everything written on your resume.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation was entertained despite salary being so low and I wasnt given the relocation as well.

Technical Project Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Gemalto (Austin, TX).

Interview

Phone call for first filter, then hr interview just to check if you fit for the company culture, technical manager for tech part, then hr manager final.

Interview Questions

• Nothing special , normal interview questions, sometimes depends on the interviewer,no fix rule   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much to be negotiable

Java Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Gemalto (Austin, TX) in July 2013.

Interview

There were two interviews, in the first step I had coding assessment. It was pretty easy task, about bowling game, and test the method using unit testing in an hour. Although I did not finish whole assessment, they were satisfied and made second round of interview.

Interview Questions

• I got several technical questions about Java, SQL, J2EE technologies, and some coding exercises, like implementation of Vector. I believe I did good job on the second interview, even providing code optimization, algorithmic analyzes, and etc.   Answer Question

Software Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gemalto (Austin, TX) in June 2013.

Interview

Submitted my resume through a friend. HR contacted me to schedule an interview for Monday. She sent me the job description for "Software Development Manager", and the names and title of people who will interview me over the phone (3 people). I think the people who are interviewing me are located in a different country, and unfortunately, none of them was able to talk to me on the scheduled time. I contacted HR, and she is very apologetic and nice. She rescheduled my interview with a different manager for the next day. During my interview, I found out the interview is for team lead position, not the software development manager that I was told by HR. I still continued with the interview just to get some practice but I was a bit disappointed. Gemalto's HR is awesome, but the managers seems a little bit unorganized. (Maybe I'm still a bit bitter.... not sure).

Interview Questions

• 1. do you want to spent 80% or 90% of your time coding? 2. facade design pattern   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gemalto in May 2013.

Interview

Over the phone interview; their France office Engineers interviews you. Most of the time it is moderately detailed questions to test your skills in Unix, etc

Senior UNIX Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gemalto (Austin, TX).

Interview

Process was very fast once it got moving. Scheduling seemed to be a real issue for them, the date changed repeatedly and interviewer was over an hour late. Testing & questions were very in-depth. Interviewer appreciated straight answers. HR very thorough during on-boarding, covered all topics related to HR aspects (benefits, etc..) and was available for follow up after I started.

Interview Questions

• Technical written test went into many areas I had no documented expertise in, questions within my area pushed me to the limits of my knowledge. No unexpected questions, no real difficult ones since interviewer was as technical as I am and I was straightforward if I did not know.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The first one was in line with the market and close to what I expected, so I took it. I wanted the technical aspect of the job based on the companies potential.

Service Delivery Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Gemalto (Fort Worth, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

The first interview was via phone. The second interview was in Austin. It was a bit nerve racking not being able to see the location of where you are working but understandable given the business reasons.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions on UDP. It is not necessarly an important part of a service delivery manager role but it does seem to help to have a technial background.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation for salary or adjustment of vacation time, which gives you an understand of the company culture and their willingness to try to retain talent.

Platform Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Gemalto (Austin, TX) in February 2012.

Interview

Hiring process was OK but they have no goals. They tell something else in interview and actual work is different. Job description is worst. Managers are basically only mouth pieces with no knowledge and best in day dreaming looking for free softwares always even for production environment and the worst part is they donot want to give time to do research for free softwares.

Interview Questions

• Software languages used for programming.   1 Answer
    • Linux Knowledge   1 Answer

Negotiation

OK

Logistics Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montgomeryville, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Gemalto (Montgomeryville, PA) in December 2011.

Interview

I meet with one of the managers in the department I would work in. The staffing agency had not prepared me very well and the first few minutes were spent clarifying what the job was that I was interviewing for. otherwise it was fairly painless and we spoke mostly in generalities and about the business culture of Gemalto and Lean Management.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be in manufacturing?   1 Answer

Could not start when they wanted. Too far drive, for a temporary position and too little compensation.