Gemalto

Relevance Date Difficulty

Technical Project Leader Interview

Technical Project Leader
Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Gemalto.

Interview Details – Phone call for first filter, then hr interview just to check if you fit for the company culture, technical manager for tech part, then hr manager final.

Interview Question – Nothing special , normal interview questions, sometimes depends on the interviewer,no fix rule   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much to be negotiable

Senior Unix Engineer Interview

Senior Unix Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Gemalto in May 2013.

Interview Details – Over the phone interview; their France office Engineers interviews you. Most of the time it is moderately detailed questions to test your skills in Unix, etc

Java Engineer Interview

Java Engineer
Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Gemalto in July 2013.

Interview Details – There were two interviews, in the first step I had coding assessment. It was pretty easy task, about bowling game, and test the method using unit testing in an hour. Although I did not finish whole assessment, they were satisfied and made second round of interview.

Interview Question – I got several technical questions about Java, SQL, J2EE technologies, and some coding exercises, like implementation of Vector. I believe I did good job on the second interview, even providing code optimization, algorithmic analyzes, and etc.   Answer Question

Software Development Manager Interview

Software Development Manager
Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Gemalto in June 2013.

Interview Details – Submitted my resume through a friend. HR contacted me to schedule an interview for Monday. She sent me the job description for "Software Development Manager", and the names and title of people who will interview me over the phone (3 people).

I think the people who are interviewing me are located in a different country, and unfortunately, none of them was able to talk to me on the scheduled time. I contacted HR, and she is very apologetic and nice. She rescheduled my interview with a different manager for the next day.

During my interview, I found out the interview is for team lead position, not the software development manager that I was told by HR. I still continued with the interview just to get some practice but I was a bit disappointed.

Gemalto's HR is awesome, but the managers seems a little bit unorganized. (Maybe I'm still a bit bitter.... not sure).

Interview Question – 1. do you want to spent 80% or 90% of your time coding?
2. facade design pattern
  Answer Question

Service Delivery Manager Interview

Service Delivery Manager
Fort Worth, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Gemalto in March 2012.

Interview Details – The first interview was via phone. The second interview was in Austin. It was a bit nerve racking not being able to see the location of where you are working but understandable given the business reasons.

Interview Question – Technical questions on UDP. It is not necessarly an important part of a service delivery manager role but it does seem to help to have a technial background.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation for salary or adjustment of vacation time, which gives you an understand of the company culture and their willingness to try to retain talent.

Very Difficult Interview

Senior UNIX Administrator Interview

Senior UNIX Administrator
Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Gemalto.

Interview Details – Process was very fast once it got moving. Scheduling seemed to be a real issue for them, the date changed repeatedly and interviewer was over an hour late. Testing & questions were very in-depth. Interviewer appreciated straight answers.
HR very thorough during on-boarding, covered all topics related to HR aspects (benefits, etc..) and was available for follow up after I started.

Interview Question – Technical written test went into many areas I had no documented expertise in, questions within my area pushed me to the limits of my knowledge. No unexpected questions, no real difficult ones since interviewer was as technical as I am and I was straightforward if I did not know.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The first one was in line with the market and close to what I expected, so I took it.
 I wanted the technical aspect of the job based on the companies potential.

Very Easy Interview

Platform Engineer Interview

Platform Engineer
Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Gemalto in February 2012.

Interview Details – Hiring process was OK but they have no goals. They tell something else in interview and actual work is different. Job description is worst. Managers are basically only mouth pieces with no knowledge and best in day dreaming looking for free softwares always even for production environment and the worst part is they donot want to give time to do research for free softwares.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – OK

Marketing Interview

Marketing
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Gemalto in July 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online and was invited to interview with the hiring manager and an HR rep.

The hiring manager was cold and distant from the beginning and didn't give me much of a chance to explain my relevant experience or my ideas for the company. The HR rep only seemed to have one mindset: skepticism.

I did the recommended follow-ups: thank you messages, inquiries for the next steps, etc, but it still took several weeks to hear a definitive answer and by then I had become frustrated with the lack of communication and eventually disinterested in working for them.

As far as work culture, seemed like a very conservative company, didn't have an "Austin" vibe to it.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for us?   Answer Question

Logistics Planner Interview

Logistics Planner
Montgomeryville, PA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Gemalto in December 2011.

Interview Details – I meet with one of the managers in the department I would work in. The staffing agency had not prepared me very well and the first few minutes were spent clarifying what the job was that I was interviewing for. otherwise it was fairly painless and we spoke mostly in generalities and about the business culture of Gemalto and Lean Management.

Interview Question – Why do you want to be in manufacturing?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Could not start when they wanted.
Too far drive, for a temporary position and too little compensation.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Gemalto in December 2012.

Interview Details – Easy process - aptitude test followed by one hour interview. Some technical questions in the interview - asked to solve few programming questions on the board and solve them again by recursion.
HR interview - Easy overall, no chance for negotiation.

Interview Question – Some tricky programming questions based on recursion.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Fixed Salary.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Gemalto

Worked for Gemalto? Contribute to the Community!