Gemalto

Gemalto Software Engineer Interview Questions

2.9

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Gemalto.

The interview took place on weekend, which is fine. The interview are standard 1 HR + 1 Technical meeting, HR meeting are very easy, more like telling your skillset and what did you do. Technical question are fairly easy, not required to write a production code (pseudo-code is allowed). They just want to understand how do you solve an issue logically.

Other Interview Reviews for Gemalto

Software Engineer Interview

Several round of one-on-one interviews during recruitment drive

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Gemalto in February 2014.

A recruiter called me about the opportunity. She sent my resume to Gemalto and called me after a week to inform that I have been selected for an interview. The interview included a technical test (general math, brainteasers, C programming, iOS and Android) as well as technical interview by a 3 person panel.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a project hiccup if your boss is completely uncontactable.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Gemalto in August 2013.

interview was initially set up by a recruitment agency. I believe they have 2 rounds of interview. It was for the software engineering position under embedded systems and I dont have much experience in embedded but just wanted to go and see how it is.

First round: 30mins technical test, mostly objective types on topics such as C programming and digital systems. The test was quite alright if u know ur theory. This was followed by face to face interview with the hiring manager. Asked a lot of detailed questions on uni projects and how i did them and what their focus was etc...

Interview Questions
    • They just asked a lot on my programming style and the projects that I did.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Gemalto in August 2013.

I came to know about the opening for this position through one of the job portal, sent the resume and got a call from HR around 1 week later.

Round 1: Written technical test. It had 27 ques (30 Mins).

Was not very tough, basic questions of computer architecture, binary to decimal n hex conversions, few errors to find in a program types of questions.

Round 2: Face to face technical interview, taken by 2 interviewers.

1) They asked about each and everything written in my resume. About my last projects, technologies i know, processes i followed in my past projects.

2) Few questions about embedded systems, simulators.

3) All HR interview kind of questions like: Strengths, weaknesses, hobbies, challenges i faced, where do you see yourself after 5 years, ready to travel?

4) Didn't ask any technical/coding related questions. Not even a single program/technical question.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Gemalto in March 2013.

1. I apply in a school career fair and got a call to interview about a month later
    2. Two rounds of interview.
    - Round 1:
      + With department head
      + Technical questions on what you have learned in uni, what projects you have worked on, what experience you have (internships). Questions are very detailed (what is your role in a project, how you implement you project, etc)
      + Technical test: digital design, embedded system, programming + interpersonal skill
    - Round 2:
      + With 1 technical manager and 1 HR manager
      + Usual interview question on career planning(strengths + weaknesses, short term + long term career plan), how you know about Gemalto, how you will cope with new position. Got offer right after round 2

Interview Questions
    • (Round 1) What are three of your memories in your internship (best and worst)?   Answer Question
    • (Round 2) How many interviews have you gone to? Rate the most interesting one.   Answer Question
    Salary is quite good so no negotiation,

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Gemalto.

You will have a technical interview with prospective manager (and possibly another manager or another team-member), followed by a HR interview with an HR manager (if you pass the techical interview).

The technical interview will greatly depend on who interviews you, each manager has their own preference and question. So make sure you ask a lot of info about the interviewing manager and his/her team to the recruiter before your interview!

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Gemalto in February 2013.

Technical test 60min
    3-to-1 interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Gemalto in December 2012.

Easy process - aptitude test followed by one hour interview. Some technical questions in the interview - asked to solve few programming questions on the board and solve them again by recursion.
    HR interview - Easy overall, no chance for negotiation.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Fixed Salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Gemalto in June 2011.

Just one interview with manager, brief the resume and check the skills I have. I was asked some behavior questions as well.