Gen110

2.4

Enrollment Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Gen110 in November 2013.

For this senior sales role, I interviewed directly with then-president Jason Brown. He's an interesting mind and personality to interview with. The process was fairly standard--I was put forth for the role by an outside recruiter, had a quick phone screen, then a longer phone interview, and finally an in person interview with an on-the-spot take it or leave it offer. I came in to each interaction more prepared than the last, and I think that served me well. Jason can have a disarming straightforwardness and probing demeanor that some might find difficult. For a job in the solar industry, I think the typical person Gen110 would hire in this sales role actually benefits from having less energy/industry specific knowledge than I did. I probably focused more on solar energy than straight selling/salesmanship, but got through on some shared passions and general background of hustle as a young entrepreneur.

Interview Questions
    No room for negotiation. Compensation plan was mostly based on a standardized and ultimately somewhat over-complicated matrix.

Outreach Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Gen110.

These guys move fast. After submitting my application, I got a call the next day. The questions were pretty basic, mostly asking about my intentions and availability for an interview which was set up for the day after. The in person interview was very straightforward, and it seemed like they just wanted to get a feel for my personality and whether or not I was a good fit for the position.

Interview Questions
    • Something along the lines of "how well do you handle rejection?" The intent of this question is pretty clear. As a door-to-door salesman, I would definitely get rejected a lot, and they just wanted to see if I would crush under the stress. To be completely fair, the emotional burden was much more than I had anticipated.   Answer Question
    There was no space to negotiate. From talking to my co-workers, it seemed like everybody was being paid exactly the same.

Outreach Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Gen110.

This is a growing company. So when it is time to hire, a group of 4 is usually brought on-board. Expect to be in the waiting room with others, but the interview is one-on-one. This is a standard interview process. Apply, set up interview over the phone, do a little research and be confident during the interview.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you want to work with Gen110? (So, you need to have done a little research eg they are growing, solar, 3rd largest in California, you enjoy sales, you hope to be promoted and get a foot in the door, etc.). What motivates you in the field/how do you overcome objections and avoid carrying the 'nos'? (You probably won't be asked this if you have no sales experience).   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orange, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Gen110 in February 2014.

Apply online and set up with an interview for the job

Interview Questions
    • Every question was the basic interview type of questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied in-person - interviewed at Gen110.

I interviewed in their San Jose office near the airport. I wasn't expecting to see 7 other individuals sitting there waiting to be interviewed. The woman I interviewed with can't recall her name seemed nice enough. She explained what Gen110 does etc and then proceeded to call us each in one by one. All of us for the most part were either in college or new grads (like myself). Right from the beginning I could tell she had no interest after looking at my resume and seeing Supervisor experience and years of customer service and being a college graduate, which she didn't seem impressed by; I got the impression they want desperate people. Not for me, glad I didn't get the call back actually.

Interview Questions
    • She hardly asked questions: I got the impression she was either tired or wanted some brainless person to hire.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Gen110 in June 2012.

Initial Communication: Email stating a job opportunity and a time in which to talk to the HR
    -After the talk with the HR then a time was established for the first phone interview
    -From the first phone interview, information was given involving the company and a second phone interview was set.
    -From the second phone interview I was then given a ticket to fly over to the main office in San Francisco for the last interview.
    Planning: This was arranged by their schedule in which I confirmed the time and date each time, via phone or email.
    The total number of interviews were 3.

My perception with each person I had been interviewed by, came off very positive and personally connective. Although, each interview was very informative and concise, it ended with a very confident and fulfilling joy to have been able to talk with them.
    The people interviewing have a positive way in which to build the company up, but also project that positive build to you.
    The office that I had interviewed in was not what I had expected. I was in a building 12 floors up, in the conference room with windows surrounding me. Not being in San Francisco before, the view from the windows definitely took my attention and focus for a second. The office in general was very pleasant and sophisticated, it gave a professional setting when walking in.

Work Culture:
    From each interview, I was able to understand the work culture which showed a tremendous team build in which to grow and gain success. This company's work culture gave off the perception that personal growth in the company was attainable, through hard work, team passion, and management guidance.

Interview Questions
    • How do you see yourself in this company?   View Answer
    I was able to negotiate the highest payed salary for that position, as well as the company paying for my moving costs. The advice I would give to others, is to be very confident when going into an interviewing process. The way I always like to set my mind when being interviewed is, that the company isn't interviewing me I am interviewing the company.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Gen110 in May 2012.

hour long phone interview then an hour long 1 to 1 interview then you get to meet the manager of a sales company to do a day in the life experience

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Gen110 in March 2012.

There were a few interviews. They really wanted you to beg for the position. To the point of asking the same question over and over in different ways, mostly concerned about why and how bad you wanted to work there. People were quite nice and it was a younger crowd.

Interview Questions

I declined the latest interview because after hours of interviewing and going on a ride along for a few hours (while the guy i was with made me knock on doors for him.. *free labor*) they wanted me to come in again to interview with another manager. I felt like they were deliberately wasting my time and effort after i had traveled hours to get the each interview.

Worked for Gen110? Contribute to the Community!