Gen110 Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2015

2.3

Recruitment Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Gen110 (Orange, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

1. Preliminary-phone interview (The recruiter I spoke to provided me details of the company, the opportunity, the expectations, and ask me questions regarding my intentions with the company) 2. In-person interview (Interviewed with the President, he asked me questions regarding my upbringing, my education, previous work experience, intentions with the company, previous recruitment statistics, and what my overall contribution would be with the company) 3. Final interview (Interviewed with the Director of Outside Sales, he went over the expectations for the position and what the position meant to the company, he asked me about my intentions, what I can contribute to the company, and my goals)

Interview Questions

• What brought you to consider gen110 for employment & what can you contribute to our overall success?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monrovia, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gen110 (Monrovia, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied through their website, a brief what's your name/availability questionnaire. I got a call within a few hours. I missed the call and decided I would call them back the next day. They called me again before I had a chance to, which seemed desperate. I did a phone interview and they then sent me an e-mail outlining possible interview questions for the face to face. I was told to dress business casual. When I got to the face to face interview the next day they weren't prepared. Two people were talking in an office with the door wide open. Turns out it was another interview. They seemed caught off guard, like they weren't expecting anyone. When it was my turn the interviewer called me into his office. He had a baggy shirt and baggy jeans, with an unkempt beard. After going over my resume, the interviewer asked the same things that the person on the phone had asked, and then some. I wasn't asked anything from the e-mail I was sent, which had some of the most generic questions you might get. At the end of the interview I was told there were about 40 applicants and 2-3 positions. I thought it was strange that the guy didn't know how many positions they had available. He said if I was selected, I would hear back by the next day. I didn't get a call back and less than a week later they were putting up job listings again. This company doesn't seem to be honest or willing to take a chance on someone with little job history.

Interview Questions

• What interests you about working in solar sales?   1 Answer

Outreach Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gen110.

Interview

These guys move fast. After submitting my application, I got a call the next day. The questions were pretty basic, mostly asking about my intentions and availability for an interview which was set up for the day after. The in person interview was very straightforward, and it seemed like they just wanted to get a feel for my personality and whether or not I was a good fit for the position.

Interview Questions

• Something along the lines of "how well do you handle rejection?" The intent of this question is pretty clear. As a door-to-door salesman, I would definitely get rejected a lot, and they just wanted to see if I would crush under the stress. To be completely fair, the emotional burden was much more than I had anticipated.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no space to negotiate. From talking to my co-workers, it seemed like everybody was being paid exactly the same.

Outreach Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gen110.

Interview

This is a growing company. So when it is time to hire, a group of 4 is usually brought on-board. Expect to be in the waiting room with others, but the interview is one-on-one. This is a standard interview process. Apply, set up interview over the phone, do a little research and be confident during the interview.

Interview Questions

• What makes you want to work with Gen110? (So, you need to have done a little research eg they are growing, solar, 3rd largest in California, you enjoy sales, you hope to be promoted and get a foot in the door, etc.). What motivates you in the field/how do you overcome objections and avoid carrying the 'nos'? (You probably won't be asked this if you have no sales experience).   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gen110 (San Diego, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

You have an initial phone interview which felt mostly like a screening process to make sure that anyone that advanced to the next level was basically qualified to work there. The second round is a face to face interview at the local office. Very cool environment and great experience meeting the staff. Everyone was really friendly and went out of their way to introduce themselves. Met with the Director right away. It was a very relaxed but professional experience, felt more like a conversation than an interview which was a nice change of pace. Felt like they genuinely wanted to get to know me as a person more so than my work experience. You can tell that they take their culture very seriously!

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult as long as you know why you want to work there, what your goals and aspirations are, and what you can bring to the table.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gen110 (Orange, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Apply online and set up with an interview for the job

Interview Questions

• Every question was the basic interview type of questions   Answer Question

Enrollment Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Gen110 (San Francisco, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

For this senior sales role, I interviewed directly with then-president Jason Brown. He's an interesting mind and personality to interview with. The process was fairly standard--I was put forth for the role by an outside recruiter, had a quick phone screen, then a longer phone interview, and finally an in person interview with an on-the-spot take it or leave it offer. I came in to each interaction more prepared than the last, and I think that served me well. Jason can have a disarming straightforwardness and probing demeanor that some might find difficult. For a job in the solar industry, I think the typical person Gen110 would hire in this sales role actually benefits from having less energy/industry specific knowledge than I did. I probably focused more on solar energy than straight selling/salesmanship, but got through on some shared passions and general background of hustle as a young entrepreneur.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No room for negotiation. Compensation plan was mostly based on a standardized and ultimately somewhat over-complicated matrix.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Gen110 (San Jose, CA).

Interview

I interviewed in their San Jose office near the airport. I wasn't expecting to see 7 other individuals sitting there waiting to be interviewed. The woman I interviewed with can't recall her name seemed nice enough. She explained what Gen110 does etc and then proceeded to call us each in one by one. All of us for the most part were either in college or new grads (like myself). Right from the beginning I could tell she had no interest after looking at my resume and seeing Supervisor experience and years of customer service and being a college graduate, which she didn't seem impressed by; I got the impression they want desperate people. Not for me, glad I didn't get the call back actually.

Interview Questions

• She hardly asked questions: I got the impression she was either tired or wanted some brainless person to hire.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gen110 (Berkeley, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

Interview process was fairly easy and not too intimidating. They want you to prove with examples that you are a "go-getter" and willing to be aggressive while remaining friendly and personable.

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gen110 (Orange, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

The interview process is unintimidating and friendly. Seems as though they follow a script to identify characteristics like previous canvassing experience, leadership roles, and energy. The initial phone interview is used to sort people who don't have any customer service skills, social skills, people who hate door to door, and people who have low energy. The in-person interview is a lot more in-depth but what they're looking for is how likable you are. Just be easygoing and likable and you should receive the offer.