Gen110

7 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Outreach Specialist

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Gen110.

Interview Details – These guys move fast. After submitting my application, I got a call the next day. The questions were pretty basic, mostly asking about my intentions and availability for an interview which was set up for the day after. The in person interview was very straightforward, and it seemed like they just wanted to get a feel for my personality and whether or not I was a good fit for the position.

Interview Question – Something along the lines of "how well do you handle rejection?" The intent of this question is pretty clear. As a door-to-door salesman, I would definitely get rejected a lot, and they just wanted to see if I would crush under the stress. To be completely fair, the emotional burden was much more than I had anticipated.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no space to negotiate. From talking to my co-workers, it seemed like everybody was being paid exactly the same.

Outreach Specialist

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Gen110.

Interview Details – This is a growing company. So when it is time to hire, a group of 4 is usually brought on-board. Expect to be in the waiting room with others, but the interview is one-on-one. This is a standard interview process. Apply, set up interview over the phone, do a little research and be confident during the interview.

Interview Question – What makes you want to work with Gen110? (So, you need to have done a little research eg they are growing, solar, 3rd largest in California, you enjoy sales, you hope to be promoted and get a foot in the door, etc.). What motivates you in the field/how do you overcome objections and avoid carrying the 'nos'? (You probably won't be asked this if you have no sales experience).   Answer Question

Orange, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Gen110 in February 2014.

Interview Details – Apply online and set up with an interview for the job

Interview Question – Every question was the basic interview type of questions   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

San Jose, CA

I applied in-person and interviewed at Gen110.

Interview Details – I interviewed in their San Jose office near the airport. I wasn't expecting to see 7 other individuals sitting there waiting to be interviewed. The woman I interviewed with can't recall her name seemed nice enough. She explained what Gen110 does etc and then proceeded to call us each in one by one. All of us for the most part were either in college or new grads (like myself). Right from the beginning I could tell she had no interest after looking at my resume and seeing Supervisor experience and years of customer service and being a college graduate, which she didn't seem impressed by; I got the impression they want desperate people. Not for me, glad I didn't get the call back actually.

Interview Question – She hardly asked questions: I got the impression she was either tired or wanted some brainless person to hire.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Gen110 in June 2012.

Interview Details – Initial Communication: Email stating a job opportunity and a time in which to talk to the HR
-After the talk with the HR then a time was established for the first phone interview
-From the first phone interview, information was given involving the company and a second phone interview was set.
-From the second phone interview I was then given a ticket to fly over to the main office in San Francisco for the last interview.
Planning: This was arranged by their schedule in which I confirmed the time and date each time, via phone or email.
The total number of interviews were 3.

My perception with each person I had been interviewed by, came off very positive and personally connective. Although, each interview was very informative and concise, it ended with a very confident and fulfilling joy to have been able to talk with them.
The people interviewing have a positive way in which to build the company up, but also project that positive build to you.
The office that I had interviewed in was not what I had expected. I was in a building 12 floors up, in the conference room with windows surrounding me. Not being in San Francisco before, the view from the windows definitely took my attention and focus for a second. The office in general was very pleasant and sophisticated, it gave a professional setting when walking in.

Work Culture:
From each interview, I was able to understand the work culture which showed a tremendous team build in which to grow and gain success. This company's work culture gave off the perception that personal growth in the company was attainable, through hard work, team passion, and management guidance.

Interview Question – How do you see yourself in this company?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate the highest payed salary for that position, as well as the company paying for my moving costs. The advice I would give to others, is to be very confident when going into an interviewing process. The way I always like to set my mind when being interviewed is, that the company isn't interviewing me I am interviewing the company.

Sales Interview

Sales
San Francisco, CA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Gen110 in May 2012.

Interview Details – hour long phone interview then an hour long 1 to 1 interview then you get to meet the manager of a sales company to do a day in the life experience

Interview Question – why sales?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Santa Clara, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Gen110 in March 2012.

Interview Details – There were a few interviews. They really wanted you to beg for the position. To the point of asking the same question over and over in different ways, mostly concerned about why and how bad you wanted to work there. People were quite nice and it was a younger crowd.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – I declined the latest interview because after hours of interviewing and going on a ride along for a few hours (while the guy i was with made me knock on doors for him.. *free labor*) they wanted me to come in again to interview with another manager. I felt like they were deliberately wasting my time and effort after i had traveled hours to get the each interview.

Worked for Gen110? Contribute to the Community!