GenOn Energy Interview Questions

2.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at GenOn Energy

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GenOn Energy (Houston, TX) in August 2010.

Interview

Asked basic questions from their analyst program from two people. lasted for one hour total. after i asked questions at the end, i was unimpressed with the company and people. best for me to leave it.

Interview Questions

not the right fit long term

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ohio, NY

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at GenOn Energy (Ohio, NY) in February 2010.

Interview

I submit my resume and got a phone call. Then I took a test and a phone interview. I got the offer

very lettel monye

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GenOn Energy (Houston, TX) in November 2009.

Interview

When applying for employment with Reliant energy you'll go in for testing upon entering the door you'll be timed on a call center skills test which is given on the computer if you do not pass this you will discreetly be informed and have to leave, next you will take a series of written test which will be fairly easy. The interview is a panel or level interview inwhich you will be asked a bunch of behavioral interview questions like tell of a time you had to deal with an irate or angry customer and how did you handle it ? You will not be interviewed by all three at one time you will complete one interview and then move on to the next dependending on how you did in the first one and then if you make it through the second you'll move on to the third and final.

Interview Questions

• When would it be appropriate to bring in your supervisor while dealing with an angry customer?   1 Answer

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GenOn Energy (Atlanta, GA) in September 2008.

Interview

Applied online, interviewed with 4 people.

Interview Questions

• How did I handle a difficult employee, how did I resolve conflict.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiated through the recruiter in HR.

Computer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GenOn Energy in January 2011.

Interview

Internal interview. Received a letter with an offer and needed to sign the letter and return within a specified amount of time.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations were in play at this tim.