GeneDx

Updated Sep 14, 2014
Updated Sep 14, 2014

2.4

Lab Technician I Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GeneDx.

The people who were interviewing me showed up late for my interview time. I had applied for one position but was being interview for another position. It wasn't until after I had been working there for 2 years that I found out that anyone who applies to GeneDx has their resume passed around any group or department that is hiring.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked questions about the technology that was used in the position. I had no idea what the technology was about because this was not the job I had applied to.   Answer Question
    If I had thought to ask I could have been offered $500 more then their starting offer of 32,500 a year.

Genetic Counseling Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at GeneDx in March 2014.

The process is quite lengthy. It took a month from submitting my resume to an interview. From the interview to the decision was another month. The people who I interviewed with were fantastic.

Interview Questions
    • Not really a question, the most unexpected part of the interview was the way the panel was completed. First you talk to the HR department then with the people you would work with and finally the people you work for.   Answer Question

The pay was really low, I was offered a position at almost double what they offered. I was disappointed that they wouldn't come up on salary, since this is the field of study I am most interested in, and the staff seemed fantastic.

DNA Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at GeneDx in November 2013.

The interview you by phone. at first Then, they call you in and interview with many groups starting with human resources, program director, manager, and fellow workers. They ask you all sort of questions. The last interview with fellow workers is casual. They give you a tour of the facility at the end.

You got 300-500 dollars for night shift

DNA Extraction Technologist Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at GeneDx.

The DNA Extraction Team supervisors were so unprofessional and rude during my interview. When I interview for a position, I expect the same professionalism and courtesy from the interviewer. I just had a pre-screening phone interview, but the interviewers did not even bother to close the door to their office during the interview, which resulted in multiple interruptions by whoever was passing by while I was responding to their questions. I don't think they even bothered to write down any answers they couldn't hear because they were so busy giggling every single time they were interrupted. I wasn't contacted for an in-person interview, but from their poor conduct during the phone interview, I'm not sure I would've wanted to go any further in the hiring process with this company.

NextGen Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at GeneDx in May 2013.

Relaxed interview, not many behavioral questions. They started off with tell me about yourself and then they proceeded to tell me about the company. You meet with HR, the director and the lab managers and supervisors. HR will discuss the benefits package which isn't bad.

Interview Questions
    HR asked for the amount I was looking for.

Lab Technician I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD

I applied online – interviewed at GeneDx in May 2013.

Sit down interview with about six different people.

Interview Questions
    • If you were an animal what kind of animal would you be?   Answer Question

NextGen Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at GeneDx.

I was interviewed for NextGen Technologist I. The HR appeared very courteous during the interview. I was said that I would be informed about my application update within a week. However, it took 3 weeks to be informed. Everytime I called up to ask them about my application, I was said I would be informed really soon. But, they never did so. Ultimately, I had to say them that I will not be available for the position, should an offer be made to me. And then, they said I was not selected for the position. Stupid company!

Interview Questions
    • Would you go by the protocol or your problem solving skills?   Answer Question

DNA Extraction Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at GeneDx in October 2012.

I initially applied for this position in May 2012. I received a call mid-October asking if I was still interested in the position, and I said yes, so we scheduled an interview for the following week. The HR staff kindly sent me an e-mail describing the position, the salary, and my interview schedule. I was scheduled to meet with 4 groups of people, from the HR director down to the other DNA Extraction Techs.

GeneDx is still a pretty small company, but it seemed very well organized and the working environment seemed nice. I met with the HR director first, and we talked for about 30 minutes, during which she asked me typical interview questions. Then I met with the Assistant Director of Clinical Laboratory Operations, and she was a little more specific with her questions regarding my experience, but much of it was still your typical behavioral interview questions. If you have research experience, be prepared to talk about them. I also met with the DNA Extraction Tech team leaders, and they pretty much asked the same questions as the people before them. One math question threw me off, but it's not the decision-making question, so don't be too stressed out about it. I finally met with a DNA Extraction Tech and she gave me a tour of the labs and we talked for a little bit.

The whole interview took about 2.5 hours. I was scheduled for 1.5 hours of interview time, but I prepared a lot of questions beforehand and they asked me a lot, so it took much longer than expected.

I received an offer about a week and half later.

Interview Questions

I decided to pursue a research position.

DNA Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at GeneDx in July 2011.

Basic Phone Screening, Interviews with management and colleagues.

Interview Questions
    • Regular interview questions. The only thing is if you write something about research on your resume prepare to answer questions about it. its a good thing.   Answer Question
    No negotiations!

DNA Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD

interviewed at GeneDx in January 2011.

easy without any stress or pressure