Genencor International

Relevance Date Difficulty

Scientist Interview

Scientist
Palo Alto, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Genencor International in July 2012.

Interview Details – 20 min phone interview, and a whole day onsite interview in the following week. Asked for 45 min seminar followed by 15 min question session. Then was in person interview with 15 people. In each 30 min, two people interviewed me. The questions included behavior questions and technical questions. Also, some questions were related to the seminar.

Interview Question – What is your most regret thing?   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Process Engineer
Palo Alto, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Genencor International in March 2009.

Interview Details – There were 5 rounds of interviews including one seminar to about twenty five people.
2 rounds were fairly technical and the rest of the rounds included personality based questions.
There were mixed bag of people - some very to the point interested only in technical part and some interested in my personality to see if I was a good fit for the team

Interview Question – What is reverse osmosis used for?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate

Life Cycle Assessment Analyst Interview

Life Cycle Assessment Analyst
Palo Alto, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Genencor International in May 2010.

Interview Details – I was referred to the position through a mutual colleague who recommended me. I had a phone interview with the hiring manager and the corporate director about 2.5 weeks later. The hiring manager mostly described the job while the corporate director asked technical questions (rather like a pop quiz). They said they would let me know within two weeks if they would fly me out. Three weeks later, they called me to schedule an interview for two weeks after that. The interview was with 7 different people for at least 45 minutes each (including during lunch). Most interviewers asked very similar questions (printed handouts from HR), all of them requiring an example. ("Describe a time where you showed common sense", "Describe a time when you didn't get along with a co-worker"). A lot of the questions related to how you worked in a team. They said they would get back to me within 2.5 weeks, but in reality it was over four despite emailing them several times to see if there was a new time frame. The interviewers were all nice, positive about their company and its non-hierarchical structure, and seemed genuinely enthusiastic about their company and their work. Overall a positive experience, but they were consistently late with their deadlines, often hard to reach, and it took over 6 weeks to get reimbursed for travel expenses that I was not informed before the trip I would have to pay (ie, car rental & baggage fees).

Interview Questions

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Scientific Interview

Scientific
Palo Alto, CA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Genencor International in February 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online and got a call from the hiring manager in 2 weeks. I was then invited for a quick personal meeting with 3 more persons along with lab tour. It was all technical. Thereafter I was invited for 1 day interview. The hiring manager behaved very nicely and also the HR. Expect questions in between the seminar presentation. Some questions were really difficult and some of the people were little harsh in putting those. Also, during my personal interview with persons in the panel, one of the persons was very cocky. Mixed questions both technical and behavioral questions. At the end of the day, I was informed that I will be called in 3 weeks to let me know the outcome. I didnt get the job, but it was a very good experience. Except for few people in the interview panel, rest of them very really good, kind and helped things go smoothly.

Interview Question – Explain a situation where you had to work with a very difficult colleague and how did you manage?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Engineering

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Genencor International in April 2010.

Interview Details – phone interview, on site interview, background check and reference

Interview Question – Can you do repetitive work?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – n/a

Worked for Genencor International? Contribute to the Community!