Genentech

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

South San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Genentech in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied through internal recommendation via current employee that I know. ~2 months later, had the phone interview and it went well. Mostly technical questions related to position and questions about my background. 1 week later, I was invited to come on-site, where I had a full day (8 - 4:30) interview. Met with pretty much everyone in the group (17 people, either 1 on 1 interviews or 2 on 1 interviews) for 30-45 min each. Was pretty tired by the end of it but thought it went well.

4 weeks later I was told that they decided to make an offer to someone else, but I was in the top 3 candidates considered. Asked for specific feedback, and waiting on that now.

Interview Question – Describe a time where it was difficult to communicate with a colleague about a project, and how you approached that situation.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Genentech

Interview Details – Got interview in the early November. 30 minutes phone interview.

Interview Question – no technical questions   Answer Question

South San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Genentech in July 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview took 3 business days prior to a job offer, which was efficient.

Interview Question – None of the interview questions were challenging.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

South San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Genentech.

Interview Details – I applied through email listed on the site. I was contacted directly by manager within 2 weeks for a phone screen. Initial phone interview was very quick 20 minutes. Mostly background explanation and some questions about previous work. I think depending on where you get call from knowing in and out of the field whether you worked in there or not will help.

Interview Question – First basics questions about why genentech and this program?
Examples of leadership at work place
explain your knowledge in protein chemistry.
Explain your experience with process engineering
  Answer Question

South San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Genentech in October 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online and heard back soon after. Two phone screen interviews (first 30 min, second 45 min) followed by a full-day (9am - 5:30pm) on-site interview consisting of eight 1:1 interviews covering different areas but mainly focusing on qualifications and past experience. Questions ranged from technical, explaining lab techniques relevant to the position, to behavioral, showing times of leadership, dealing with conflicts, etc. Received offer 1 week after interview.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time that you shared valuable information with others in a lab setting.   Answer Question

Worked for Genentech? Contribute to the Community!