Genentech Associate Engineer Interview Questions

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Genentech (South San Francisco, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied through internal recommendation via current employee that I know. ~2 months later, had the phone interview and it went well. Mostly technical questions related to position and questions about my background. 1 week later, I was invited to come on-site, where I had a full day (8 - 4:30) interview. Met with pretty much everyone in the group (17 people, either 1 on 1 interviews or 2 on 1 interviews) for 30-45 min each. Was pretty tired by the end of it but thought it went well. 4 weeks later I was told that they decided to make an offer to someone else, but I was in the top 3 candidates considered. Asked for specific feedback, and waiting on that now.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where it was difficult to communicate with a colleague about a project, and how you approached that situation.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Genentech

Associate Engineer Interview

Interview

Got interview in the early November. 30 minutes phone interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Genentech (South San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I applied through email listed on the site. I was contacted directly by manager within 2 weeks for a phone screen. Initial phone interview was very quick 20 minutes. Mostly background explanation and some questions about previous work. I think depending on where you get call from knowing in and out of the field whether you worked in there or not will help.

Interview Questions

• First basics questions about why genentech and this program? Examples of leadership at work place explain your knowledge in protein chemistry. Explain your experience with process engineering   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Genentech (South San Francisco, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

Applied online and heard back soon after. Two phone screen interviews (first 30 min, second 45 min) followed by a full-day (9am - 5:30pm) on-site interview consisting of eight 1:1 interviews covering different areas but mainly focusing on qualifications and past experience. Questions ranged from technical, explaining lab techniques relevant to the position, to behavioral, showing times of leadership, dealing with conflicts, etc. Received offer 1 week after interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time that you shared valuable information with others in a lab setting.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Genentech (South San Francisco, CA) in July 2012.

Interview

The hiring and interview took 3 business days prior to a job offer, which was efficient.