Genentech Intern Interview Questions

Updated May 26, 2015

2.8

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Genentech.

Interview

Phone interviews with managers of the department, lots of questions about previous experience and relevant skills. Managers were friendly, open, and honest about the process and also about the company.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Genentech

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Genentech in April 2015.

Interview

I had a 30-45 min phone chat with the hiring manager. He began with "Tell me about yourself" and then continued to ask more questions about which project I want to pursue. He also asked why I am pursing graduate school .There was some time left for me to ask him some questions. Manager was really nice.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Genentech.

Interview

Submitted resume online through university, had an on-campus interview (about 12 candidates total) with 2 interviewers (one was someone I would be working under, the other was supervisor). A week later, got an email for an interview at the site (4 candidates left). Interview was about 2 hours long, with 2 interviews with 2 interviewers each, and a lab tour. Got a phone call couple days later saying I got the offer! All interviews were behavior-based, no technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you demonstrated leadership, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Genentech (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I met the first hiring manager during a campus event and he told me he doesn't really hire international students but then I was referred to another hiring manger. This hiring manger is really awesome. I was applying for business support position so he asked me some business questions. He also asked me persona questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you go about addressing something that you don't want to do?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Genentech in March 2015.

Interview

It was a general phone interview, which lasted for about half an hour. They first emailed me and gave some time slots for me to choose and called me punctually.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer asked a few behavior questions first, followed by some basic knowledge about proteins. Pretty much related with the research that is going on in the department.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Genentech.

Interview

Quick 25-30 minute phone chat. Talked about previous research experiences. What did you do? What did you find? What does it mean? Talked about the research that is going on at Genentech. Asked why I wanted to work there.

Anonymous Employee in Vacaville, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Genentech (Vacaville, CA).

Interview

Was called by hiring Manager looking to hire last minute. Was referred by a hiring manager from a previous interview at Genentech. Had two brief phone interviews and a 4-hour interview at the Vacaville Campus. Met with HR, three separate Hiring Managers, and two employees in the same division I would be working in.

Interview Questions

• I was asked 'what I have been up to'.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Genentech.

Interview

Recruitment was through my university. I had several rounds of in-person interviews with multiple department managers. Everyone I met and interviewed with while on-site were incredibly friendly, helpful and encouraging. Although this was a rigorous recruitment process, the interview process was well organized, and I always had a point of contact within the company that was very quick to get back to me.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Genentech.

Interview

30 phone interview with hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Explain the different types of controls, false positives, negatives and what they tell us.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Genentech in June 2013.

Interview

The hiring process was very smooth, I got interviewed by the hiring manager which was a brief 30 min interview and the manager told me that I was chosen and asked a date when I want to join. Few days later HR followed up with me regarding all details I needed before starting work.

Negotiation

N/A