Genentech Intern Interview Questions

2.9

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vacaville, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vacaville, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Genentech.

Was called by hiring Manager looking to hire last minute. Was referred by a hiring manager from a previous interview at Genentech. Had two brief phone interviews and a 4-hour interview at the Vacaville Campus. Met with HR, three separate Hiring Managers, and two employees in the same division I would be working in.

Other Interview Reviews for Genentech

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Genentech.

Recruitment was through my university. I had several rounds of in-person interviews with multiple department managers. Everyone I met and interviewed with while on-site were incredibly friendly, helpful and encouraging. Although this was a rigorous recruitment process, the interview process was well organized, and I always had a point of contact within the company that was very quick to get back to me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Genentech in March 2013.

I was contacted by a few RAs almost a month after applying to the intern positions on the company website, and ended up working with a Senior Scientist who allowed more flexibility on the start date for the internship. There was a phone interview involved, nothing too big.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were about my research, what I accomplished, my goals in the future, and when I was able to start.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, hourly rate was based on my academic standing (senior).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Genentech in March 2013.

Networked to meet the hiring manager a couple years ago. 2 Hours, 3 different engineers/managers. Very laid back and fast hiring process

Interview Questions
    • Demonstrate some of the roles in leadership you have taken in order to get a task done.   View Answer
    Non-negotiable

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Genentech.

30 phone interview with hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • Explain the different types of controls, false positives, negatives and what they tell us.   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Genentech in June 2013.

The hiring process was very smooth, I got interviewed by the hiring manager which was a brief 30 min interview and the manager told me that I was chosen and asked a date when I want to join. Few days later HR followed up with me regarding all details I needed before starting work.

N/A

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Genentech in May 2011.

3 Panels of 3 people each from different teams of the department. 1:1 with hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation when you had to deal with a colleague who was being insubordinate.   Answer Question
    NA

Phone, in-person interview, HR

Intern Interview

I applied online and they got back to me by email and interviewed me on the phone.

Interview Questions
    • This wasn't unexpected, but the "Why Genentech" question is always kind of tricky to find a good answer for.   Answer Question

Two phone interviews

Interview Questions

Worked for Genentech? Contribute to the Community!