Genentech Intern Interview Questions

Updated Mar 14, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Genentech in March 2015.

I met the first hiring manager during a campus event and he told me he doesn't really hire international students but then I was referred to another hiring manger. This hiring manger is really awesome. I was applying for business support position so he asked me some business questions. He also asked me persona questions.

Interview Questions
  • How do you go about addressing something that you don't want to do?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Genentech

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Genentech.

Submitted resume online through university, had an on-campus interview (about 12 candidates total) with 2 interviewers (one was someone I would be working under, the other was supervisor). A week later, got an email for an interview at the site (4 candidates left). Interview was about 2 hours long, with 2 interviews with 2 interviewers each, and a lab tour. Got a phone call couple days later saying I got the offer! All interviews were behavior-based, no technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you demonstrated leadership, etc.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Genentech.

Quick 25-30 minute phone chat. Talked about previous research experiences. What did you do? What did you find? What does it mean? Talked about the research that is going on at Genentech. Asked why I wanted to work there.

Anonymous Employee in Vacaville, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Vacaville, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Genentech.

Was called by hiring Manager looking to hire last minute. Was referred by a hiring manager from a previous interview at Genentech. Had two brief phone interviews and a 4-hour interview at the Vacaville Campus. Met with HR, three separate Hiring Managers, and two employees in the same division I would be working in.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Genentech.

Recruitment was through my university. I had several rounds of in-person interviews with multiple department managers. Everyone I met and interviewed with while on-site were incredibly friendly, helpful and encouraging. Although this was a rigorous recruitment process, the interview process was well organized, and I always had a point of contact within the company that was very quick to get back to me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Genentech in March 2013.

I was contacted by a few RAs almost a month after applying to the intern positions on the company website, and ended up working with a Senior Scientist who allowed more flexibility on the start date for the internship. There was a phone interview involved, nothing too big.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were about my research, what I accomplished, my goals in the future, and when I was able to start.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, hourly rate was based on my academic standing (senior).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Genentech in March 2013.

Networked to meet the hiring manager a couple years ago. 2 Hours, 3 different engineers/managers. Very laid back and fast hiring process

Interview Questions
    • Demonstrate some of the roles in leadership you have taken in order to get a task done.   View Answer
    Non-negotiable

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Genentech.

30 phone interview with hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • Explain the different types of controls, false positives, negatives and what they tell us.   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Genentech in June 2013.

The hiring process was very smooth, I got interviewed by the hiring manager which was a brief 30 min interview and the manager told me that I was chosen and asked a date when I want to join. Few days later HR followed up with me regarding all details I needed before starting work.

N/A

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Genentech in May 2011.

3 Panels of 3 people each from different teams of the department. 1:1 with hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation when you had to deal with a colleague who was being insubordinate.   Answer Question
    NA