Genentech

295 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Business Systems Analyst

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Genentech.

Interview Details – Process took a couple of weeks from the initial application online. Was contacted by a recruiter for an initial screening, followed by an invite for a face to face interview. Met with the hiring manager and two team members of the group for an hour each. No unexpected questions, typical set up.

Interview Question – Nothing expected. Just the usual tell me something about a time... (behavioral questions)   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Vacaville, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Genentech.

Interview Details – Was called by hiring Manager looking to hire last minute. Was referred by a hiring manager from a previous interview at Genentech. Had two brief phone interviews and a 4-hour interview at the Vacaville Campus. Met with HR, three separate Hiring Managers, and two employees in the same division I would be working in.

Interview Question – I was asked 'what I have been up to'.   View Answer

Senior Bioprocess Technician Interview

Senior Bioprocess Technician
Oceanside, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Genentech in September 2010.

Interview Details – Panel interview most employees start as Temp/Contractor and work 8-12months before hiring. A good talker will get further than a good worker. A firm negotion will help. I

Negotiation Details – none accepted offer

Senior Scientist Interview

Senior Scientist

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ months - interviewed at Genentech in July 2012.

Interview Details – Scheduling was a disaster but once set up things proceeded as anticipated. Unfortunately the development and research sides were not in alignment. Roche implementation with Ventana had them uncertain as to the process moving forward and where the department was going. All in all not a great impression to say the least.

Reason for Declining – Group had great deal of trouble even figuring out what they wanted (i.e. what the position would be, who it would report to, etc.)

SCS Interview

SCS

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Genentech in February 2010.

Interview Details – submitted resume to a recruiter agency. the agency connected me with genentech's HR dept and hiring manager, I met with the local manager for an interview, had several other interviews with the DM, RM and sales director before getting my final offer.

Interview Question – there really weren't any unexpected or difficult questions   Answer Question

QC Associate II Interview

QC Associate II

Interviewed at Genentech

Interview Details – I was an out-of-state applicant and I remember doing a brief phone interview before they asked me to come in for the second interview. The interview was for the whole day pretty much. I met with supervisors, managers, and director. The director asked more of a big picture type of questions such as "Why quality?" Managers were more technical and supervisors were pretty chill like they tried to get to know what kind of person I am.

Interview Question – In terms of assay validation, what would you do when you see a trend of system suitability failure?   Answer Question

Group Product Manager Interview

Group Product Manager

I applied through other source and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Genentech in June 2014.

Interview Details – 3 rounds of panel interviews, mostly with situational questions, before 1:1 with hiring manager. Tell me about a time when... When interviewing for a management position, be prepared to answer questions about conflict and change management. Some panels skip the situationals and go right toward direct questions like how would you handle ...? Make sure you weave in some of your experience/examples, don't just answer.

Interview Question – Give me a short version of your 30-60-90 day plan. Unexpected because it wasn't a sales position.   Answer Question

PDRP Interview

PDRP

I applied online and interviewed at Genentech.

Interview Details – Submitted cover letter and resume online in October and received an email to schedule a preliminary phone screening in early January. Flew out to SF to interview three weeks later. On-site interview included five separate interviews and a tour of the pilot plant.

Interview Question – Technical questions related to areas very different from my previous experience   Answer Question

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Senior Administrative Assistant
South San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Genentech.

Interview Details – I was an employee referral. Went in for an interview, met with 2 other senior admins who were very nice. Immediately after the HR rep came in and interviewed, she was nice as well. Both asked the normal interview questions you'd expect. Had a phone interview a week later with the hiring manager, was asked to email some work samples which I did. A week later, hiring manager called and said they chose another candidate who currently works with the company. The HR rep who I met with told me that the majority of hiring managers like to go with someone who currently works for the company for obvious reasons. Admin jobs normally aren't posed externally but I was able to get an interview due to a referral. Wouldn't waste your time for any admin positions here unless if you are willing to do a contract position.

Interview Question – What are somethings your boss can do to make your job easier?   Answer Question

Project Coordinator Interview

Project Coordinator
Vacaville, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Genentech in February 2014.

Interview Details – I went through 3 phone interviews and 1 video conferencing interview before being hired on as a contractor. The interviewers were very nice and explained the role very well. They also explained the scope of their work and how i could be an asset to the team.

Interview Question – How would you complete a project with no help, or resources to finish it?   Answer Question

Worked for Genentech? Contribute to the Community!