Genentech

Relevance Date Difficulty

Research Associate Interview

Research Associate
South San Francisco, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Genentech in March 2013.

Interview Details – Started off with a phone interview and went on to meet with the supervisor and people of the group. Everyone was very pleasant and the interview process was smooth, straight forward and to the point.

It was possible to get a general idea of the culture and work environment for that particular group, as well as the work load that they experienced on an everyday basis.

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation, since I was hired by a staffing agency

Engineer Interview

Engineer

I applied online and interviewed at Genentech.

Interview Details – I got an email from HR that they want to interview me. I had an interview with the manager and the team. I was 3 hour interview. Most of the questions were technical and few situational questions. It has been few days now and I am still waiting to hear back

Interview Questions

Ra Interview

Ra

I applied online and interviewed at Genentech.

Interview Details – It is an video interview and only lasts 10 mins. I was asked about 5 Qs, all of them are behavior questions. I was not very well prepared. I thought they may ask some other questions related to my background which they did not ask.

Interview Question – only behavior questions   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Research Fellow Interview

Postdoctoral Research Fellow

Interviewed at Genentech

Interview Details – (1) A Phone call interview from HR; (2) another phone call interview from future postdoc mentor, (3) a whole day on site interview, meet about 8-10 people, give presentation, (3) wait about 1 month for the offer, the background check was very slow.

Interview Question – Technical questions   Answer Question

QC Associate II Interview

QC Associate II

Interviewed at Genentech

Interview Details – I was an out-of-state applicant and I remember doing a brief phone interview before they asked me to come in for the second interview. The interview was for the whole day pretty much. I met with supervisors, managers, and director. The director asked more of a big picture type of questions such as "Why quality?" Managers were more technical and supervisors were pretty chill like they tried to get to know what kind of person I am.

Interview Question – In terms of assay validation, what would you do when you see a trend of system suitability failure?   Answer Question

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Business Systems Analyst

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Genentech.

Interview Details – Process took a couple of weeks from the initial application online. Was contacted by a recruiter for an initial screening, followed by an invite for a face to face interview. Met with the hiring manager and two team members of the group for an hour each. No unexpected questions, typical set up.

Interview Question – Nothing expected. Just the usual tell me something about a time... (behavioral questions)   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Vacaville, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Genentech.

Interview Details – Was called by hiring Manager looking to hire last minute. Was referred by a hiring manager from a previous interview at Genentech. Had two brief phone interviews and a 4-hour interview at the Vacaville Campus. Met with HR, three separate Hiring Managers, and two employees in the same division I would be working in.

Interview Question – I was asked 'what I have been up to'.   View Answer

Senior Bioprocess Technician Interview

Senior Bioprocess Technician
Oceanside, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Genentech in September 2010.

Interview Details – Panel interview most employees start as Temp/Contractor and work 8-12months before hiring. A good talker will get further than a good worker. A firm negotion will help. I

Negotiation Details – none accepted offer

Senior Scientist Interview

Senior Scientist

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ months - interviewed at Genentech in July 2012.

Interview Details – Scheduling was a disaster but once set up things proceeded as anticipated. Unfortunately the development and research sides were not in alignment. Roche implementation with Ventana had them uncertain as to the process moving forward and where the department was going. All in all not a great impression to say the least.

Reason for Declining – Group had great deal of trouble even figuring out what they wanted (i.e. what the position would be, who it would report to, etc.)

SCS Interview

SCS

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Genentech in February 2010.

Interview Details – submitted resume to a recruiter agency. the agency connected me with genentech's HR dept and hiring manager, I met with the local manager for an interview, had several other interviews with the DM, RM and sales director before getting my final offer.

Interview Question – there really weren't any unexpected or difficult questions   Answer Question

Worked for Genentech? Contribute to the Community!