Genentech Interview Questions

Updated Sep 13, 2014
Updated Sep 13, 2014

3.2

Business Systems Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Genentech.

Process took a couple of weeks from the initial application online. Was contacted by a recruiter for an initial screening, followed by an invite for a face to face interview. Met with the hiring manager and two team members of the group for an hour each. No unexpected questions, typical set up.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing expected. Just the usual tell me something about a time... (behavioral questions)   Answer Question

Ra Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Genentech.

It is an video interview and only lasts 10 mins. I was asked about 5 Qs, all of them are behavior questions. I was not very well prepared. I thought they may ask some other questions related to my background which they did not ask.

Scientist-MMTech Interview

I actually thought that the interview went well. The hiring manager shared my opinion. This review is actually written to discuss how I as a candidate, was handled after the interview. BASIC courtesy and respect dictates that a company should at the very least, let a candidate know about the status of their candidacy; good,bad,or indifferent. I interviewed in. January 2013 and though I have moved on to another position, Roche/Genentech still has not said anything about my candidacy. I obviously did not get he job, but what would have been so hard about sending the standard (form) email telling me that I did not get the job. That is BASIC courtesy. If they don't think more of candidates than that, how little must they think of their employees.

Materials Operations Specialist Interview

I applied through other source - interviewed at Genentech.

My management experience: Just do what they say and don't ask too many questions.

Bioinformatics Intern Interview

The interview lasted about 20 minutes. The first part is all about resume, all kinds of random questions from resume. The second part is behavior questions.

Biostatistician Interview

I applied a few different positions in the online system. After about one month, one manager sent me an email to set up a phone interview. The interview lasted for 30 minutes. The manager introduced the biostatistics team, detailed information about the job responsibilities and the requirements. Questions mainly focus on resume.

Finance Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Genentech.

Contacted via email for a phone interview. The interviewer was very pleasant. He asked questions about why I wanted to intern in the finance department, why Genentech, etc, and the remaining were behavioral questions. Although I didn't receive an offer the process was very efficient and I'd still like to work at Genentech in the future.

Associate Engineer Interview

Got interview in the early November. 30 minutes phone interview.

Senior Validation Analyst Interview

Phone interview, Person Interview, HR interview and background check,

University Relations Intern Interview

Phone Interview to go through basic personality questions and motivations to enter the industry. Few questions were worded in odd ways, even interviewer thought so. Asked no questions about why candidate would want to enter the science industry. Panel interview to follow with all upper management on the team against candidate.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most important thing about recruiting in university settings?   Answer Question

Worked for Genentech? Contribute to the Community!