Genentech

Updated Feb 23, 2015
Updated Feb 23, 2015

3.2

Senior Admin Asso Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Genentech.

Phone interview . Then had a in person interview with 4 ppl at 1/2 hr each. Very relaxed environment.

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Genentech.

Phone screen followed by interviews by 4 different people at different levels in the organization. it took 2 days and 2 hours each day for the phone interviews.
    They went well, however, I was interviewing for the position from PA and i am guessing they hired a local candidate.

Interview Questions
    • Very behavioral questions. Almost no technical questions, but asked about my previous experiences and how it could relate to the position at Genentech.
      Very useful interview, and I got a lot of experience from it.

Answer Question

Intern Interview

Submitted resume and took quite some time to get contacted for interview. There was first a phone interview to get acquainted with the lab and personal research background. The second interview was on-site, in which all the lab members asked experience/personality-related questions for 30 minutes each, followed by a final interview with the manager.

Interview Questions
    • How would you approach discovering if _____ was a viable drug target?   Answer Question

Commercial Leadership Development Program Interview

On campus. I was not short-listed for interview, so bid my points for the open slot.
    I did not have industry background or functional background. It seemed to me that either of these was crucial to have.
    Overall, my interview was best I could do without the industry background. Though the selected candidates were really good candidates as well - so their selection criteria is definitely good enough.

Interview Questions
    • What motivates you to wake up in the morning?   View Answer

Research Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Genentech.

This process was absolutely a waste of my time. I was given two travel options of either leaving right after or staying and be given a personal tour of the area. I took the area overview and they started contacting me regarding relocation and asked for my references and made it seem that they were going to give me the job. The interview itself was extremely difficult. I was interviewed initially by two people over the phone than invited for an onsite interview. I had 7 interviews back to back which was extremely grueling and there were nine other candidates for the same position. They ripped through every detail on my resume and asked me annoying behavioral type of questions which were difficult to answer because they came out of left field totally unexpected.

Interview Questions
    • Spend time reviewing behavioral interview questions they ask alot of them   Answer Question

Drug Safety Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Genentech.

As with all interviews at Genentech, this a process that involves several people from all levels. Questions are both behavioral and experience related questions.

Interview Questions
    • Is there a question which you thought would be asked which was not asked?   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Genentech.

Participated in two rounds of interviews, probably eight interviews in all.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked very technical, occupational questions. No softballs.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Genentech.

I had two phone interviews before I was scheduled for a in person interview.
    The in-person interview was a 3 hour ordeal - six 30 minute interviews scheduled one after another with a work lunch to follow.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were basic and technical but one question regarding research I did in college was a little confusing: how I compensated for the fact that an ontology automatically results in having to exclude some possibly important data. Since, I didn't design the study but was just an intern, I was a little stumped.   View Answer

Bioprocess Technician Interview

Phone interview, and then after passing that a 5-6 interview with 6 different interviewers ranging from floor technicians to managers.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation since it's an entry level position.

Technology Manager Interview

There were several phases of phone interviews then about 6 hours of interviews on site. First came the phone interviews, basically screening to see if I was a legitimate candidate. This is a very rigorous screening process and they are experts at it.

Interview Questions
    There is no negotiation, they present an offer and you take it or leave it.