Genentech

Average Difficulty
294 candidate interviews

Senior Admin Asso Interview

Senior Admin Asso

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Genentech.

Interview Details – Phone interview . Then had a in person interview with 4 ppl at 1/2 hr each. Very relaxed environment.

Interview Question – If I could book a flight?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Genentech.

Interview Details – Phone screen followed by interviews by 4 different people at different levels in the organization. it took 2 days and 2 hours each day for the phone interviews.
They went well, however, I was interviewing for the position from PA and i am guessing they hired a local candidate.

Interview Question – Very behavioral questions. Almost no technical questions, but asked about my previous experiences and how it could relate to the position at Genentech.
Very useful interview, and I got a lot of experience from it.
  Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at Genentech

Interview Details – Submitted resume and took quite some time to get contacted for interview. There was first a phone interview to get acquainted with the lab and personal research background. The second interview was on-site, in which all the lab members asked experience/personality-related questions for 30 minutes each, followed by a final interview with the manager.

Interview Question – How would you approach discovering if _____ was a viable drug target?   Answer Question

Commercial Leadership Development Program Interview

Commercial Leadership Development Program

Interviewed at Genentech

Interview Details – On campus. I was not short-listed for interview, so bid my points for the open slot.
I did not have industry background or functional background. It seemed to me that either of these was crucial to have.
Overall, my interview was best I could do without the industry background. Though the selected candidates were really good candidates as well - so their selection criteria is definitely good enough.

Interview Question – What motivates you to wake up in the morning?   View Answer

Research Associate Interview

Research Associate

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Genentech.

Interview Details – This process was absolutely a waste of my time. I was given two travel options of either leaving right after or staying and be given a personal tour of the area. I took the area overview and they started contacting me regarding relocation and asked for my references and made it seem that they were going to give me the job. The interview itself was extremely difficult. I was interviewed initially by two people over the phone than invited for an onsite interview. I had 7 interviews back to back which was extremely grueling and there were nine other candidates for the same position. They ripped through every detail on my resume and asked me annoying behavioral type of questions which were difficult to answer because they came out of left field totally unexpected.

Interview Question – Spend time reviewing behavioral interview questions they ask alot of them   Answer Question

Drug Safety Interview

Drug Safety

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Genentech.

Interview Details – As with all interviews at Genentech, this a process that involves several people from all levels. Questions are both behavioral and experience related questions.

Interview Question – Is there a question which you thought would be asked which was not asked?   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Genentech.

Interview Details – Participated in two rounds of interviews, probably eight interviews in all.

Interview Question – Was asked very technical, occupational questions. No softballs.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Genentech.

Interview Details – I had two phone interviews before I was scheduled for a in person interview.
The in-person interview was a 3 hour ordeal - six 30 minute interviews scheduled one after another with a work lunch to follow.

Interview Question – Most questions were basic and technical but one question regarding research I did in college was a little confusing: how I compensated for the fact that an ontology automatically results in having to exclude some possibly important data. Since, I didn't design the study but was just an intern, I was a little stumped.   View Answer

Bioprocess Technician Interview

Bioprocess Technician

Interviewed at Genentech

Interview Details – Phone interview, and then after passing that a 5-6 interview with 6 different interviewers ranging from floor technicians to managers.

Interview Question – What is the isoelectric point?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation since it's an entry level position.

Technology Manager Interview

Technology Manager

Interviewed at Genentech

Interview Details – There were several phases of phone interviews then about 6 hours of interviews on site. First came the phone interviews, basically screening to see if I was a legitimate candidate. This is a very rigorous screening process and they are experts at it.

Interview Question – Difficult to remember, there were so many questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation, they present an offer and you take it or leave it.

Worked for Genentech? Contribute to the Community!