Genentech Interview Questions

Updated Sep 13, 2014
Updated Sep 13, 2014

3.2

Business Systems Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Genentech.

Process took a couple of weeks from the initial application online. Was contacted by a recruiter for an initial screening, followed by an invite for a face to face interview. Met with the hiring manager and two team members of the group for an hour each. No unexpected questions, typical set up.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing expected. Just the usual tell me something about a time... (behavioral questions)   Answer Question

Senior Bioprocess Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oceanside, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oceanside, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Genentech in September 2010.

Panel interview most employees start as Temp/Contractor and work 8-12months before hiring. A good talker will get further than a good worker. A firm negotion will help. I

none accepted offer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vacaville, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vacaville, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Genentech.

Was called by hiring Manager looking to hire last minute. Was referred by a hiring manager from a previous interview at Genentech. Had two brief phone interviews and a 4-hour interview at the Vacaville Campus. Met with HR, three separate Hiring Managers, and two employees in the same division I would be working in.

Senior Scientist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months - interviewed at Genentech in July 2012.

Scheduling was a disaster but once set up things proceeded as anticipated. Unfortunately the development and research sides were not in alignment. Roche implementation with Ventana had them uncertain as to the process moving forward and where the department was going. All in all not a great impression to say the least.

Group had great deal of trouble even figuring out what they wanted (i.e. what the position would be, who it would report to, etc.)

SCS Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Genentech in February 2010.

submitted resume to a recruiter agency. the agency connected me with genentech's HR dept and hiring manager, I met with the local manager for an interview, had several other interviews with the DM, RM and sales director before getting my final offer.

Interview Questions
    • there really weren't any unexpected or difficult questions   Answer Question

QC Associate II Interview

I was an out-of-state applicant and I remember doing a brief phone interview before they asked me to come in for the second interview. The interview was for the whole day pretty much. I met with supervisors, managers, and director. The director asked more of a big picture type of questions such as "Why quality?" Managers were more technical and supervisors were pretty chill like they tried to get to know what kind of person I am.

Interview Questions
    • In terms of assay validation, what would you do when you see a trend of system suitability failure?   Answer Question

PDRP Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Genentech.

Submitted cover letter and resume online in October and received an email to schedule a preliminary phone screening in early January. Flew out to SF to interview three weeks later. On-site interview included five separate interviews and a tour of the pilot plant.

Interview Questions
    • Technical questions related to areas very different from my previous experience   Answer Question

Group Product Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Genentech in June 2014.

3 rounds of panel interviews, mostly with situational questions, before 1:1 with hiring manager. Tell me about a time when... When interviewing for a management position, be prepared to answer questions about conflict and change management. Some panels skip the situationals and go right toward direct questions like how would you handle ...? Make sure you weave in some of your experience/examples, don't just answer.

Interview Questions
    • Give me a short version of your 30-60-90 day plan. Unexpected because it wasn't a sales position.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Genentech.

Recruitment was through my university. I had several rounds of in-person interviews with multiple department managers. Everyone I met and interviewed with while on-site were incredibly friendly, helpful and encouraging. Although this was a rigorous recruitment process, the interview process was well organized, and I always had a point of contact within the company that was very quick to get back to me.

Senior Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  South San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Genentech in May 2014.

Interview was very thorough. Scientific talk followed by 1:1 meetings about science and career path. Interview went well, but I was disappointed how the post-interview process was handled and on the emphasis on references, instead of proven ability and productivity.