Genentech

Updated Nov 16, 2014

3.2

Salesforce Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Genentech.

Phone followed for 3 rounds of F 2 F.it lasted nearly 3 hours.One on one during the first 2 rounds then panel interview.Very professional.gave their current scenarios and operational issues and asked what would be my take on it.

Great experience though

Interview Questions
    • About my previous experiences and how I resolved those   Answer Question

Foundation Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Genentech.

They conduct behavioral interviews. You need to pull from your work experience and recall times you used problem solving.

In your answers always give the Situation, the Steps You took and the Outcome.

Interviews will most likely be conducted by 2 Supervisors. If they ask you for a second interview, it is likely that most of the Supervisors will attend.

Interview Questions
    • Please recall a time you had a difficult customer. How did you resolve the conflict.   Answer Question
    HR calls you and tells you what the hourly pay will be. They might say that there is no negotiation but you should try negotiating anyways.

Scientist, Chemistry Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Genentech in August 2014.

The hiring was through an on-campus recruiting. The interview was very nice. I liked both my interviewers. However, I am not exactly a chemist and the job didn't suit my background very well. The interviewers asked me to stay in touch if anything related to my background opens. I think the overall experience of meeting people from Genentech was very nice, even if I didn't get an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult, very nice and pleasant interviewer. The best interviewer I have had, actually.
      They asked me to explain my research.
        Answer Question

QA Assicuate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Genentech.

First is a 30min phone interview that focus on technical questions associated with the position. After the initial screening is complete, it's a 2hr long in person interview with 4-5 people. It has both technical and behavioral questions.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Genentech in March 2013.

Started off with a phone interview and went on to meet with the supervisor and people of the group. Everyone was very pleasant and the interview process was smooth, straight forward and to the point.

It was possible to get a general idea of the culture and work environment for that particular group, as well as the work load that they experienced on an everyday basis.

There was no negotiation, since I was hired by a staffing agency

Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Genentech.

I got an email from HR that they want to interview me. I had an interview with the manager and the team. I was 3 hour interview. Most of the questions were technical and few situational questions. It has been few days now and I am still waiting to hear back

Ra Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Genentech.

It is an video interview and only lasts 10 mins. I was asked about 5 Qs, all of them are behavior questions. I was not very well prepared. I thought they may ask some other questions related to my background which they did not ask.

Postdoctoral Research Fellow Interview

(1) A Phone call interview from HR; (2) another phone call interview from future postdoc mentor, (3) a whole day on site interview, meet about 8-10 people, give presentation, (3) wait about 1 month for the offer, the background check was very slow.

Business Systems Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Genentech.

Process took a couple of weeks from the initial application online. Was contacted by a recruiter for an initial screening, followed by an invite for a face to face interview. Met with the hiring manager and two team members of the group for an hour each. No unexpected questions, typical set up.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing expected. Just the usual tell me something about a time... (behavioral questions)   Answer Question

Senior Bioprocess Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oceanside, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oceanside, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Genentech in September 2010.

Panel interview most employees start as Temp/Contractor and work 8-12months before hiring. A good talker will get further than a good worker. A firm negotion will help. I

none accepted offer