Genentech

300 candidate interviews

QC Associate II Interview

QC Associate II

Interviewed at Genentech

Interview Details – I was an out-of-state applicant and I remember doing a brief phone interview before they asked me to come in for the second interview. The interview was for the whole day pretty much. I met with supervisors, managers, and director. The director asked more of a big picture type of questions such as "Why quality?" Managers were more technical and supervisors were pretty chill like they tried to get to know what kind of person I am.

Interview Question – In terms of assay validation, what would you do when you see a trend of system suitability failure?   Answer Question

PDRP Interview

PDRP

I applied online and interviewed at Genentech.

Interview Details – Submitted cover letter and resume online in October and received an email to schedule a preliminary phone screening in early January. Flew out to SF to interview three weeks later. On-site interview included five separate interviews and a tour of the pilot plant.

Interview Question – Technical questions related to areas very different from my previous experience   Answer Question

Group Product Manager Interview

Group Product Manager

I applied through other source and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Genentech in June 2014.

Interview Details – 3 rounds of panel interviews, mostly with situational questions, before 1:1 with hiring manager. Tell me about a time when... When interviewing for a management position, be prepared to answer questions about conflict and change management. Some panels skip the situationals and go right toward direct questions like how would you handle ...? Make sure you weave in some of your experience/examples, don't just answer.

Interview Question – Give me a short version of your 30-60-90 day plan. Unexpected because it wasn't a sales position.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Genentech.

Interview Details – Recruitment was through my university. I had several rounds of in-person interviews with multiple department managers. Everyone I met and interviewed with while on-site were incredibly friendly, helpful and encouraging. Although this was a rigorous recruitment process, the interview process was well organized, and I always had a point of contact within the company that was very quick to get back to me.

Interview Question – Walk me through your current research's design.   Answer Question

Senior Research Associate Interview

Senior Research Associate
South San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Genentech in May 2014.

Interview Details – Interview was very thorough. Scientific talk followed by 1:1 meetings about science and career path. Interview went well, but I was disappointed how the post-interview process was handled and on the emphasis on references, instead of proven ability and productivity.

Interview Question – Why did you chose this career path?   Answer Question

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Senior Administrative Assistant
South San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Genentech.

Interview Details – I was an employee referral. Went in for an interview, met with 2 other senior admins who were very nice. Immediately after the HR rep came in and interviewed, she was nice as well. Both asked the normal interview questions you'd expect. Had a phone interview a week later with the hiring manager, was asked to email some work samples which I did. A week later, hiring manager called and said they chose another candidate who currently works with the company. The HR rep who I met with told me that the majority of hiring managers like to go with someone who currently works for the company for obvious reasons. Admin jobs normally aren't posed externally but I was able to get an interview due to a referral. Wouldn't waste your time for any admin positions here unless if you are willing to do a contract position.

Interview Question – What are somethings your boss can do to make your job easier?   Answer Question

Project Coordinator Interview

Project Coordinator
Vacaville, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Genentech in February 2014.

Interview Details – I went through 3 phone interviews and 1 video conferencing interview before being hired on as a contractor. The interviewers were very nice and explained the role very well. They also explained the scope of their work and how i could be an asset to the team.

Interview Question – How would you complete a project with no help, or resources to finish it?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Engineer Department Interview

Engineer Department
San Francisco, CA

Interviewed at Genentech

Interview Details – was too personal I feel like I was judged on what I wearing and my shoes and handbag had to be top brand name...the whole dept came in to interview me, I was aked questions like are you a team leader do you wrok well with a group...duh!!!

Reason for Declining – rasicsm

Biostatistics Programming Internship Interview

Biostatistics Programming Internship

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Genentech.

Interview Details – First applied online through Genentech website, then got email from HR to set up interview and a week after, I had interview with with two employee from Genentech (one is senior sas programmer). The interview was about 40 minutes.

Interview Question – Out of all statistics classes you took, which one is your favorite?   Answer Question

Service Desk Analyst Interview

Service Desk Analyst

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Genentech in March 2011.

Interview Details – Mass interview process, candidates are placed in teams of 6-8 people with an evaluator for each group. Your group is given several scenarios and candidates are evaluated on how they contribute, interact with the group, and his/her willingness to help and/or participate. Technical knowledge is useful but not necessary. Troubleshooting skills are a plus as well as a good attitude.

Interview Question – There were no difficult or tricky questions. Just be honest.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Everyone started off as a contractor for this position, salary was not negotiable.