Genentech

Updated Dec 17, 2014
Updated Dec 17, 2014

3.2

QC Associate II Interview

I was an out-of-state applicant and I remember doing a brief phone interview before they asked me to come in for the second interview. The interview was for the whole day pretty much. I met with supervisors, managers, and director. The director asked more of a big picture type of questions such as "Why quality?" Managers were more technical and supervisors were pretty chill like they tried to get to know what kind of person I am.

Interview Questions
    • In terms of assay validation, what would you do when you see a trend of system suitability failure?   Answer Question

Project Manager, Design and Construction Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Genentech in July 2014.

Applied online, got an email about two weeks later asking me to complete a video interview. The video interview began with a few minutes of the hiring manager introducing the department and that they were building up the staff. Then, five questions in video format with 30 seconds to prepare, then two minutes to provide your answer. A bit awkward because you get NO feedback while you are answering, but obviously efficient for them - no schedules to align! No off the wall questions, but not many of the questions I expected either.

Good communications with the recruiter through the video interview, one follow-up email that they were taking longer than planned to figure out who to bring in for live interviews, then all communication stopped. I thought Genentech's consistent ranking as a best place to work would make for a better hiring process, but it seems it doesn't come into effect until you actually get hired. Certainly not a bad experience, just not any different than all the other companies out there.

PDRP Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Genentech.

Submitted cover letter and resume online in October and received an email to schedule a preliminary phone screening in early January. Flew out to SF to interview three weeks later. On-site interview included five separate interviews and a tour of the pilot plant.

Interview Questions
    • Technical questions related to areas very different from my previous experience   Answer Question

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Genentech.

I was an employee referral. Went in for an interview, met with 2 other senior admins who were very nice. Immediately after the HR rep came in and interviewed, she was nice as well. Both asked the normal interview questions you'd expect. Had a phone interview a week later with the hiring manager, was asked to email some work samples which I did. A week later, hiring manager called and said they chose another candidate who currently works with the company. The HR rep who I met with told me that the majority of hiring managers like to go with someone who currently works for the company for obvious reasons. Admin jobs normally aren't posed externally but I was able to get an interview due to a referral. Wouldn't waste your time for any admin positions here unless if you are willing to do a contract position.

Interview Questions
    • What are somethings your boss can do to make your job easier?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Genentech.

Recruitment was through my university. I had several rounds of in-person interviews with multiple department managers. Everyone I met and interviewed with while on-site were incredibly friendly, helpful and encouraging. Although this was a rigorous recruitment process, the interview process was well organized, and I always had a point of contact within the company that was very quick to get back to me.

Group Product Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Genentech in June 2014.

3 rounds of panel interviews, mostly with situational questions, before 1:1 with hiring manager. Tell me about a time when... When interviewing for a management position, be prepared to answer questions about conflict and change management. Some panels skip the situationals and go right toward direct questions like how would you handle ...? Make sure you weave in some of your experience/examples, don't just answer.

Interview Questions
    • Give me a short version of your 30-60-90 day plan. Unexpected because it wasn't a sales position.   Answer Question

Engineer Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

was too personal I feel like I was judged on what I wearing and my shoes and handbag had to be top brand name...the whole dept came in to interview me, I was aked questions like are you a team leader do you wrok well with a group...duh!!!

rasicsm

Biostatistics Programming Internship Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Genentech.

First applied online through Genentech website, then got email from HR to set up interview and a week after, I had interview with with two employee from Genentech (one is senior sas programmer). The interview was about 40 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Out of all statistics classes you took, which one is your favorite?   Answer Question

QC Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Genentech.

Interviewed by a panel of 5 then intereviewed by hiring manager. With the panel it was mostly behavior questions and is pretty difficult. With the hiring manager it was more work based questions.

Intake Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

Phone screening then panel interview. There may also be a short writing example they want you to provide on the spot. Also, remember (SAR): SItuation / Action / Result. They expect you to answer questions in this format.