Genentech

Updated Nov 21, 2014

3.2

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Genentech.

I was an employee referral. Went in for an interview, met with 2 other senior admins who were very nice. Immediately after the HR rep came in and interviewed, she was nice as well. Both asked the normal interview questions you'd expect. Had a phone interview a week later with the hiring manager, was asked to email some work samples which I did. A week later, hiring manager called and said they chose another candidate who currently works with the company. The HR rep who I met with told me that the majority of hiring managers like to go with someone who currently works for the company for obvious reasons. Admin jobs normally aren't posed externally but I was able to get an interview due to a referral. Wouldn't waste your time for any admin positions here unless if you are willing to do a contract position.

Interview Questions
    • What are somethings your boss can do to make your job easier?   Answer Question

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vacaville, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vacaville, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Genentech in February 2014.

I went through 3 phone interviews and 1 video conferencing interview before being hired on as a contractor. The interviewers were very nice and explained the role very well. They also explained the scope of their work and how i could be an asset to the team.

Interview Questions
    • How would you complete a project with no help, or resources to finish it?   Answer Question

Engineer Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

was too personal I feel like I was judged on what I wearing and my shoes and handbag had to be top brand name...the whole dept came in to interview me, I was aked questions like are you a team leader do you wrok well with a group...duh!!!

rasicsm

Biostatistics Programming Internship Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Genentech.

First applied online through Genentech website, then got email from HR to set up interview and a week after, I had interview with with two employee from Genentech (one is senior sas programmer). The interview was about 40 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Out of all statistics classes you took, which one is your favorite?   Answer Question

Service Desk Analyst Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Genentech in March 2011.

Mass interview process, candidates are placed in teams of 6-8 people with an evaluator for each group. Your group is given several scenarios and candidates are evaluated on how they contribute, interact with the group, and his/her willingness to help and/or participate. Technical knowledge is useful but not necessary. Troubleshooting skills are a plus as well as a good attitude.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult or tricky questions. Just be honest.   Answer Question
    Everyone started off as a contractor for this position, salary was not negotiable.

Intake Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

Phone screening then panel interview. There may also be a short writing example they want you to provide on the spot. Also, remember (SAR): SItuation / Action / Result. They expect you to answer questions in this format.

Clinical Trial Monitor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Genentech in December 2010.

heard that this was a great company to work for because of their company culture
    did my research about the company before the interview
    used to interview job candidates in prior job so was prepared

Interview Questions
    • none; questions were expected
      just make sure you interview the interviewer as well
        View Answer
    figure out their needs and see if your field of experience is a match or not

QC Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Genentech.

Interviewed by a panel of 5 then intereviewed by hiring manager. With the panel it was mostly behavior questions and is pretty difficult. With the hiring manager it was more work based questions.

Scientist-MMTech Interview

I actually thought that the interview went well. The hiring manager shared my opinion. This review is actually written to discuss how I as a candidate, was handled after the interview. BASIC courtesy and respect dictates that a company should at the very least, let a candidate know about the status of their candidacy; good,bad,or indifferent. I interviewed in. January 2013 and though I have moved on to another position, Roche/Genentech still has not said anything about my candidacy. I obviously did not get he job, but what would have been so hard about sending the standard (form) email telling me that I did not get the job. That is BASIC courtesy. If they don't think more of candidates than that, how little must they think of their employees.

Computer Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dixon, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dixon, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Genentech in February 2014.

Spent an afternoon talking with multiple members of staff. Provided a lunch. Mostly friendly people. Never heard back either way on the position. Too busy to respond I guess.