Genentech Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

3.2

Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Genentech (South San Francisco, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

It was very extensive, including several rounds of phone interview. First, it was with HR personnel, followed by the manager. Each interview took about 1 hour, and the questions ranged from HR-related to more technical ones from the manager. Overall it was very friendly and pleasant.

Interview Questions

• What are the kinds of conflicts you have been in? How have you solved it?   Answer Question

Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Genentech.

Interview

almost full day interview with individual group members in the msat group. tough! they really want to see if you are a good fit. you can tell that they arent trying to grill you.. or at least some of them arent. some of the employees there really to make sure you are the absolute best candidate. overall experience was great

Reimbursement Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Genentech (South San Francisco, CA).

Interview

If you're an outside person, they do start with a phone interview/phone screen to feel you out. Then you're invited for 2 or 3 panel interviews over a month's time. 98% of the questions are behavioral questions. Interviewers range from future peers, supervisors, managers and directors. They take from the STAR method so be very prepared in giving a real life situation and solution. It could take 2-3 months before a decision is made.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time when you disagreed with your supervisor. What was the situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Legal Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Genentech.

Interview

Worked through HR and was quickly brought in for a 6 person panel interview. Mix of people who were intensely interested in my background, mostly the hiring manager and colleagues, and some people who were not likely to work with me but were nonetheless on the panel.

Interview Questions

• why genentech? how do your past experiences apply? what do you think will be the biggest challenge?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Genentech (South San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Got an initial phone call where I was asked some basic question regarding my resume. Two weeks later I was called to come on site where I met the team I was going to be working with over the summer and was asked couple of basic interview questions. I was also given a tour of the site as well during the interview process.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Genentech in April 2013.

Interview

Phone-interview with hiring manager. He described the project that I would be working on during the summer. We went on to chat about different approaches we could use for the project and the pros and cons of each.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Genentech.

Interview

Mainly basic questions, without any surprises. They asked simple things like "How do you prioritize?" and "What are you weaknesses?" as strengths, priorities, how I deal with stress and conflict in the workplace, and why I was applying for this particular position as well as with Genentech in general.

Interview Questions

• What would be the first few steps you would take to settle in?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Genentech in April 2015.

Interview

I had a 30-45 min phone chat with the hiring manager. He began with "Tell me about yourself" and then continued to ask more questions about which project I want to pursue. He also asked why I am pursing graduate school .There was some time left for me to ask him some questions. Manager was really nice.

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Genentech (San Francisco, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Got contacted through Linkedin for position in my city. Had phone interview same day with HR recruiter. Typical interview. Recruiter was quite knowledgeable about business, operations, company structure. Promised to get back within a couple weeks but never did and posting was deleted shortly after. Sent him email - no response.

Pathologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Genentech (San Francisco, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

The process was long (over a couple of days) and demanding but great! The group of people who interviewed me were great and I got to meet a wide range of people within the department. I had to give a 60minute presentation on my research, which was a great way to open up questions and show people what I had been working on previously. Following interview, the hiring process was quite drawn out and complex.