Genentech

www.gene.com

Genentech Manufacturing Technician Interview Questions

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Manufacturing Technician Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Genentech in April 2013.

Met Genentech recruiters at a veterans job fair and had a video interview less than 1 week later. Must have nailed video interview cause was offered position about 2 monte after that. No other interviews needed... At least for me.

Not sure yet...

Other Interview Reviews for Genentech

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Genentech in November 2012.

I had an in-person interview set up through a third-party recruiter. I only interviewed with one person -- the direct supervisor for the position. He had set questions to ask me, which were very straightforward. The interview was mostly behavioral with general questions. It lasted 45 mins,

Interview Questions
    • Can you give me a time where you took action to prevent an issue?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Genentech in October 2011.

The entire interview process was fairly difficult. It consisted of a phone interview which was comprised of basic science questions and an in-person interview which consisted of more basic interview questions. The person that interviewed with me was very friendly and the facility was beautiful.

My only complaint is that I received absolutely no feedback about the interview after I found out that I wasn't offered the position. After having a good interview, it can be a disheartening to hear that they "have no specific reason for the decision." It would be nice if they were a little more helpful in that regard.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Genentech in October 2011.

One of the supervisors called me quite late in the evening to schedule for an interview the following week that had the interview listed as from 1pm to 7pm, but be there by 11:30am. Details of interview were not really given other then when to show up. Showed up on time and found that 4 people were also scheduled the same time as me. We were escorted in to a small hallway to wait to be interviewed. My interview was not to start until 2pm, but I was already waiting at 12 so I just reviewed notes. It was a bit uncomfortable considering workers were walking in and out and the long waiting period was not helping with being nervous.

Got into the interview interviewed by two supervisors. The lady asked a few questions but mainly let the man run the interview. He asked me about why I wanted to work at Genentech and some technical questions about running machines. I only got about 5 basic questions when he said he was tired and wanted to end the interview earlier.

I already felt awkward with the interview style, so I of course did not expect any offer, but it was an experience.

Interview Questions
    • How do you troubleshoot problems with machines/equipments?   Answer Question
    • How did you help your current organizations help improve their work/quality?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Genentech in April 2011.

Was interviewed by all 3 shift supervisors and was asked basic behavioral, situational, and resume questions.

Interview Questions
    • This position is very repetitive, why would this attract you?   Answer Question
    Non-negotiable base pay