Genentech Project Manager Interview Questions

3.8

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Project Manager Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Genentech.

Hiring process was fairly quick. I went through a recruiter for a contract position. Recruiter flew me into SSF for a half day interview. I interviewed with 3 different people, right after each other. Found out my results the end of the same week.

Interview Questions
  • One of the interviewers showed me a slide deck with a project plan set in place and asked how I would do this better.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Genentech

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  South San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

The process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Genentech in November 2011.

2 phone screens (hiring manager + HR), in-person interviews with 8 people and a phone interview with 1 more person. Long day, be mentally prepared and even if you have no more questions, recycle them for person number 9.

They give a lot of complex information on their structure and expect questions about the organization and how you fit in alnd what will be difficult for you in the position.

Interview Questions
    • What will be most difficult for you about this job in the beginning?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  South San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Genentech in February 2010.

The interview process was extremely thorough. At orientation it was a big joke to see who had gone through the most interviews to get hired. Lowest was 9 highest was 13. For me multiple phone interviews then 2 full days of on site interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Noting in particular - 11 interviews many had similar questions.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Genentech in July 2010.

I interviewed with at least 6 team members individually. Lots of questions about job relevant subject matter. Also had lunch with a couple adjunct team members. Congenial attitude but rigorous questioning.

Interview Questions

Worked for Genentech? Contribute to the Community!