Genentech

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

South San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Genentech in February 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process was extremely thorough. At orientation it was a big joke to see who had gone through the most interviews to get hired. Lowest was 9 highest was 13. For me multiple phone interviews then 2 full days of on site interviews.

Interview Question – Noting in particular - 11 interviews many had similar questions.   Answer Question

Project Manager

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Genentech.

Interview Details – Hiring process was fairly quick. I went through a recruiter for a contract position. Recruiter flew me into SSF for a half day interview. I interviewed with 3 different people, right after each other. Found out my results the end of the same week.

Interview Question – One of the interviewers showed me a slide deck with a project plan set in place and asked how I would do this better.   Answer Question

South San Francisco, CA

The process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Genentech in November 2011.

Interview Details – 2 phone screens (hiring manager + HR), in-person interviews with 8 people and a phone interview with 1 more person. Long day, be mentally prepared and even if you have no more questions, recycle them for person number 9.

They give a lot of complex information on their structure and expect questions about the organization and how you fit in alnd what will be difficult for you in the position.

Interview Question – What will be most difficult for you about this job in the beginning?   View Answer

Project Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Genentech in July 2010.

Interview Details – I interviewed with at least 6 team members individually. Lots of questions about job relevant subject matter. Also had lunch with a couple adjunct team members. Congenial attitude but rigorous questioning.

Interview Question – What is your experience in this area?   Answer Question

Worked for Genentech? Contribute to the Community!