Genentech

Getting the Interview

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

South San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Genentech in February 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process was extremely thorough. At orientation it was a big joke to see who had gone through the most interviews to get hired. Lowest was 9 highest was 13. For me multiple phone interviews then 2 full days of on site interviews.

Interview Question – Noting in particular - 11 interviews many had similar questions.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Genentech.

Interview Details – Hiring process was fairly quick. I went through a recruiter for a contract position. Recruiter flew me into SSF for a half day interview. I interviewed with 3 different people, right after each other. Found out my results the end of the same week.

Interview Question – One of the interviewers showed me a slide deck with a project plan set in place and asked how I would do this better.   Answer Question

South San Francisco, CA

The process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Genentech in November 2011.

Interview Details – 2 phone screens (hiring manager + HR), in-person interviews with 8 people and a phone interview with 1 more person. Long day, be mentally prepared and even if you have no more questions, recycle them for person number 9.

They give a lot of complex information on their structure and expect questions about the organization and how you fit in alnd what will be difficult for you in the position.

Interview Question – What will be most difficult for you about this job in the beginning?   View Answer

Project Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Genentech in July 2010.

Interview Details – I interviewed with at least 6 team members individually. Lots of questions about job relevant subject matter. Also had lunch with a couple adjunct team members. Congenial attitude but rigorous questioning.

Interview Question – What is your experience in this area?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Genentech

Worked for Genentech? Contribute to the Community!

Genentech Videos

Genentech – Why Work for Us?

Changing the Course of Medicine When you work at Genentech, you'll come to understand that changing the course of medicine requires the kind of inspiration that can only come from a combined commitment to patients… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Genentech Project Manager interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Genentech employees and interview candidates.