Genentech

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

QC Associate I

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Genentech.

Interview Details – 3 hr long interview. situation questions are asked . get your stories ready.

Interview Question – Tell me a time when ....   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no because they offered above market offer price

South San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Genentech in November 2012.

Interview Details – Round 1: 30 minute Phone Screen
Round 2: Full day 30 minute block interviews with Department Staff and Senior Managers
- Asked about research experience and skills
- Personality background and interests
Round 3: 30 minute interview with Department Director
- Mainly personality

Interview Question – What would you do no matter if how little we paid you and what wouldn't you do no matter how much we paid you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. HR set a verbal offer.

South San Francisco, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Genentech in July 2011.

Interview Details – I was already a contractor/temporary employee, and I applied for the regular/full-time position with the same responsibilities. The hiring manager was already the supervisor I reported to, and I've worked with several of the people I interviewed with in the 1.5 years I was on-site. There was a phone interview with the HR recruiter, who basically chatted with me about my resume, past experiences, what I was looking for in the company, hiring process, and benefits the company offered. I had 3 more in-person 1-on-1 interviews after that, one of which was with the director of the group. There was also a panel interview and another phone interview with other people in the group.
Know what the company/group is looking for. For my position, they emphasized more on the ability to recognize issues, problem solving skills, and creative thinking. There were technical questions, but they weren't the majority. All the interviewers were really friendly, and most of the interviews flowed well. They were more of a conversation or discussion versus one-ended question/answer format.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to do in 5 years?   View Answer
  • What is the biggest challenge/issue in the current work? How would you improve it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate, but I would strongly encourage anyone/everyone to at least ask! The benefits package/vacation conversion was pre-determined by the company, so not much wiggle room there. Ask for more pay!

Interviews for Top Jobs at Genentech

Worked for Genentech? Contribute to the Community!

Genentech Videos

Genentech – Why Work for Us?

Changing the Course of Medicine When you work at Genentech, you'll come to understand that changing the course of medicine requires the kind of inspiration that can only come from a combined commitment to patients… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Genentech QC Associate I interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Genentech employees and interview candidates.