Genentech

Genentech QC Associate I Interview Questions

3.7

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

QC Associate I Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Genentech.

3 hr long interview. situation questions are asked . get your stories ready.

Interview Questions
no because they offered above market offer price

Other Interview Reviews for Genentech

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Genentech in November 2012.

Round 1: 30 minute Phone Screen
    Round 2: Full day 30 minute block interviews with Department Staff and Senior Managers
    - Asked about research experience and skills
    - Personality background and interests
    Round 3: 30 minute interview with Department Director
    - Mainly personality

Interview Questions
    • What would you do no matter if how little we paid you and what wouldn't you do no matter how much we paid you?   View Answer
    No negotiation. HR set a verbal offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Genentech in July 2011.

I was already a contractor/temporary employee, and I applied for the regular/full-time position with the same responsibilities. The hiring manager was already the supervisor I reported to, and I've worked with several of the people I interviewed with in the 1.5 years I was on-site. There was a phone interview with the HR recruiter, who basically chatted with me about my resume, past experiences, what I was looking for in the company, hiring process, and benefits the company offered. I had 3 more in-person 1-on-1 interviews after that, one of which was with the director of the group. There was also a panel interview and another phone interview with other people in the group.
    Know what the company/group is looking for. For my position, they emphasized more on the ability to recognize issues, problem solving skills, and creative thinking. There were technical questions, but they weren't the majority. All the interviewers were really friendly, and most of the interviews flowed well. They were more of a conversation or discussion versus one-ended question/answer format.

Interview Questions
    • What do you want to do in 5 years?   View Answer
    • What is the biggest challenge/issue in the current work? How would you improve it?   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate, but I would strongly encourage anyone/everyone to at least ask! The benefits package/vacation conversion was pre-determined by the company, so not much wiggle room there. Ask for more pay!