Genentech

Genentech Sales Representative Interview Questions & Reviews

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Sales Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Genentech in September 2011.

Interview Details – Very intense process. Initially submitted resume to internal contact who forwarded resume to hiring manager, who then forwarded resume to human resource department. Was contacted by hiring manager within 3 weeks to schedule panel interview. Panel interview was several hours long, and mostly focused on specifics of the position. Following week I was contacted to schedule a phone interview with the regional manager. Regional manager call was more about the corporate fit, and broader skills the company looks for in an employee, than the specifics of the job. High-caliber interview every step of the way. Contacted by the hiring manager the following week and offered position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to say "no" to your co-worker(s)/team and take an unpopular stance.   Answer Question
  • Describe how your unique abilities positively influenced your team/the people you work with.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Prepare yourself for the interview like never before. Important to come in very polished. Able to negotiate top of range salary. Do you research, know what the market is so you are in a good position to ask for what you are worth.

Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Genentech in June 2011.

Interview Details – Not as professional as I had expected...

Interview Question – What would you do if you were being pulled in many different directions for the same day?   Answer Question

Sales Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Genentech in March 2011.

Interview Details – Learned of opening from existing rep. Applied online and asked existing rep to forward my resume to hiring manager. Manager called me for interview within a week's time. Interview lasted 1.5 hours, asked very few questions, was more interested in telling me about his career path. The interivew seemed very preliminary, but maybe that's because he was already set on an inexperienced candidate although he told me he wanted someone with experience! When I handed him my business plan for the territory, he said, "what's this?"! It took 3 weeks to hear back from him, and then it was via an email with typos!

Interview Question – What would you do differently in this job?   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

San Antonio, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Genentech in January 2010.

Interview Details – I first got a call from HR and was asked basic questions about salary, work experience, and willingness to travel. I was contacted about 3 weeks later by a hiring manager. The questions were mostly behavior based. the manager was very nice. Know the company history, values, products, and how to field priority and problem solving questions. No follow up 1:1 interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an experience that demonstrates your work ethic.   Answer Question
  • Describe a time where you used a creative approach in meeting a sales goal or making a sale.   Answer Question

Worked for Genentech? Contribute to the Community!