Genentech Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

3.2

155 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Salesforce Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Genentech.

Phone followed for 3 rounds of F 2 F.it lasted nearly 3 hours.One on one during the first 2 rounds then panel interview.Very professional.gave their current scenarios and operational issues and asked what would be my take on it.

Great experience though

Interview Questions
    • About my previous experiences and how I resolved those   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Genentech in March 2013.

Started off with a phone interview and went on to meet with the supervisor and people of the group. Everyone was very pleasant and the interview process was smooth, straight forward and to the point.

It was possible to get a general idea of the culture and work environment for that particular group, as well as the work load that they experienced on an everyday basis.

There was no negotiation, since I was hired by a staffing agency

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vacaville, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vacaville, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Genentech.

Was called by hiring Manager looking to hire last minute. Was referred by a hiring manager from a previous interview at Genentech. Had two brief phone interviews and a 4-hour interview at the Vacaville Campus. Met with HR, three separate Hiring Managers, and two employees in the same division I would be working in.

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Genentech.

I was an employee referral. Went in for an interview, met with 2 other senior admins who were very nice. Immediately after the HR rep came in and interviewed, she was nice as well. Both asked the normal interview questions you'd expect. Had a phone interview a week later with the hiring manager, was asked to email some work samples which I did. A week later, hiring manager called and said they chose another candidate who currently works with the company. The HR rep who I met with told me that the majority of hiring managers like to go with someone who currently works for the company for obvious reasons. Admin jobs normally aren't posed externally but I was able to get an interview due to a referral. Wouldn't waste your time for any admin positions here unless if you are willing to do a contract position.

Interview Questions
    • What are somethings your boss can do to make your job easier?   Answer Question

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vacaville, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vacaville, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Genentech in February 2014.

I went through 3 phone interviews and 1 video conferencing interview before being hired on as a contractor. The interviewers were very nice and explained the role very well. They also explained the scope of their work and how i could be an asset to the team.

Interview Questions
    • How would you complete a project with no help, or resources to finish it?   Answer Question

Senior Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Genentech in May 2014.

Interview was very thorough. Scientific talk followed by 1:1 meetings about science and career path. Interview went well, but I was disappointed how the post-interview process was handled and on the emphasis on references, instead of proven ability and productivity.

Engineer Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

was too personal I feel like I was judged on what I wearing and my shoes and handbag had to be top brand name...the whole dept came in to interview me, I was aked questions like are you a team leader do you wrok well with a group...duh!!!

rasicsm

Intake Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

Phone screening then panel interview. There may also be a short writing example they want you to provide on the spot. Also, remember (SAR): SItuation / Action / Result. They expect you to answer questions in this format.

Senior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Genentech.

1-2 days of interviews. You have to give a seminar which is probably the most important part of the process. This is what usually kills a candidate. Very similar process to academia. Once you have interviewed the hiring manager will usually request a thumbs up or down either on the day of or day after your interview. You should know pretty quickly if they want to hire you. The offer process is ridiculously tedious and takes forever. Your hiring manager has to submit a package for review by a committee which will ultimately decide whether you get an offer. Many people all the way to the SVP level may weigh in.

Interview Questions
    • Didn't really have a difficult question. Mostly interviewers are trying to figure out if you are someone they would want to work with.   Answer Question
    If you have industry experience and you aren't coming in at the entry level for the job family you can negotiate. If they really want you they will get you.

Computer Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dixon, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dixon, CA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Genentech in February 2014.

Spent an afternoon talking with multiple members of staff. Provided a lunch. Mostly friendly people. Never heard back either way on the position. Too busy to respond I guess.

Interview Questions

Worked for Genentech? Contribute to the Community!