Genentech

2.0

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Genentech in July 2011.

Got referred by an employee working at the company but he did not know the hiring manager in person. I was phone interviewed first by a human resource representative. After a few emails with the hiring manager, we decided to meet informally at a local restaurant. Shortly into our conversation, the hiring manager offered me an opportunity to formally interview with a panel representing the whole group. It took a half day. A few days later, two personal references were checked and then I got the offer.

Interview Questions
  • Why are you interested in making this career change?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Genentech

Senior Project Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Genentech in June 2011.

This was a case of internal transfer. At Genentech, once you are inside the company, internal transfer could be made easy within the same global function, if you consistently deliver good results.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate; but I would certain advise others do, especially if you are coming from external. However our recruiters are usually very transparent and honest about the upper limit which a particular position can offer.

Senior Project Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Genentech in September 2007.

I lucked out. The interview process was unusually short for this company. I met with 6 individuals during one day-and received a job offer the following day. In fact, the recruiter phoned me as I was driving home from the interview and essentially said the job was mine.

Interview Questions
    • You have no experience in Biotech. What differentiates you from other candidates who might already have biotech experience.   View Answer