Genentech

Getting the Interview

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

South San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Genentech in July 2011.

Interview Details – Got referred by an employee working at the company but he did not know the hiring manager in person. I was phone interviewed first by a human resource representative. After a few emails with the hiring manager, we decided to meet informally at a local restaurant. Shortly into our conversation, the hiring manager offered me an opportunity to formally interview with a panel representing the whole group. It took a half day. A few days later, two personal references were checked and then I got the offer.

Interview Question – Why are you interested in making this career change?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Senior Project Manager

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Genentech in June 2011.

Interview Details – This was a case of internal transfer. At Genentech, once you are inside the company, internal transfer could be made easy within the same global function, if you consistently deliver good results.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate; but I would certain advise others do, especially if you are coming from external. However our recruiters are usually very transparent and honest about the upper limit which a particular position can offer.

Senior Project Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Genentech in September 2007.

Interview Details – I lucked out. The interview process was unusually short for this company. I met with 6 individuals during one day-and received a job offer the following day. In fact, the recruiter phoned me as I was driving home from the interview and essentially said the job was mine.

Interview Question – You have no experience in Biotech. What differentiates you from other candidates who might already have biotech experience.   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Genentech

Worked for Genentech? Contribute to the Community!

Genentech Videos

Genentech – Why Work for Us?

Changing the Course of Medicine When you work at Genentech, you'll come to understand that changing the course of medicine requires the kind of inspiration that can only come from a combined commitment to patients… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Genentech Senior Project Manager interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Genentech employees and interview candidates.