Genentech

Relevance Date Difficulty

Training Manager Interview

Training Manager
San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Genentech in February 2012.

Interview Details – I was contacted by an internal staffing specialist for an informal phone screen. Typical intro questions that touched on experience, interest level, willingness to move to SF, etc. The specialist set up an phone interview with the hiring manager for later in the week. This interview focused on my accomplishments, experience with learning management systems, customer service and interactions with client organizations. Both phone interviews focused on matching my skills with the position; no behavioral interviewing questions. I moved progressed to the on site interviews and it was scheduled to take place within 3 weeks of the initial phone screen. Love a company that moves along with the process!!

Received my interview schedule a few days before the interviews. 10-4 was the original schedule. Genentech does not believe in panel interviews. 30-45 minute 1:1 interviews with one exception of a 3 person panel. Talk about exhausting. I did have a schedule adjustment, on the day of, which reduced the day to 2pm. Everyone i spoke with was extremely friendly, outgoing and energized. I was really impressed. Coming from another big biotech who is experiencing growing pains, it was neat to see such a mature and successful company where employees are still super excited to make a difference.

It has been about 2 months since i interviewed and have not heard back, even though i spoke with HR a few day after i returned regarding my interest level, my impression of the interview process and how realistic it was for me to move to SF. I was told that i would hear back the following week "for sure". Chirp, chirp. Overall it was a great experience and am happy i was provided the opportunity although Im disappointed at the follow up.

Interview Question – Standard questioning; some behavioral, much of it just focused on experience and cv material.   Answer Question

Worked for Genentech? Contribute to the Community!