Genentech Training Manager Interview Questions

2.5

Training Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Genentech (South San Francisco, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

Behavioral questions from a panel of stakeholders such as clients, coworkers, and managers. The entire interview process was about 3 days long broken up into one to two hour meetings. The interview process was a bit of hassle having to travel all around the site to different buildings and rooms that I had never entered before. The client interview was a bit rude, but later I found out why. That training department is very disliked and doesn't work well for the site, but then again nothing works all that well at SSFP. Prepare yourself for dealing with disgruntled clients constantly. Effective client management skills is necessary to the job and they will ask you questions related to that.

Interview Questions

• How best do you handle ambiguity? Now I understand why they asked that question, because there are no established processes in my department.   Answer Question

Other people within the company warned me that moving into that department would kill my career. They have a very bad reputation. Move to VV, OCN, etc. where the sites are run like clockwork. Learning the job in those teams is better preparation for a career in the pharma industry.

Other Interview Reviews for Genentech

Training Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Genentech (San Francisco, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by an internal staffing specialist for an informal phone screen. Typical intro questions that touched on experience, interest level, willingness to move to SF, etc. The specialist set up an phone interview with the hiring manager for later in the week. This interview focused on my accomplishments, experience with learning management systems, customer service and interactions with client organizations. Both phone interviews focused on matching my skills with the position; no behavioral interviewing questions. I moved progressed to the on site interviews and it was scheduled to take place within 3 weeks of the initial phone screen. Love a company that moves along with the process!! Received my interview schedule a few days before the interviews. 10-4 was the original schedule. Genentech does not believe in panel interviews. 30-45 minute 1:1 interviews with one exception of a 3 person panel. Talk about exhausting. I did have a schedule adjustment, on the day of, which reduced the day to 2pm. Everyone i spoke with was extremely friendly, outgoing and energized. I was really impressed. Coming from another big biotech who is experiencing growing pains, it was neat to see such a mature and successful company where employees are still super excited to make a difference. It has been about 2 months since i interviewed and have not heard back, even though i spoke with HR a few day after i returned regarding my interest level, my impression of the interview process and how realistic it was for me to move to SF. I was told that i would hear back the following week "for sure". Chirp, chirp. Overall it was a great experience and am happy i was provided the opportunity although Im disappointed at the follow up.

Interview Questions

• Standard questioning; some behavioral, much of it just focused on experience and cv material.   Answer Question