Generac Power Systems

Updated Oct 6, 2014
Updated Oct 6, 2014

2.4

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Generac Power Systems.

I applied online and received an email a few weeks later to set up a phone interview with the recruiter. The questions were pretty typical interview questions, nothing too unexpected. At the end of the call, I was offered an on-site interview, which we set up for the next week. The on-site interview included 3 separate one-on-one interviews with people I would be working with, mostly reviewing my resume and talking about the position and the recruiter told me to expect to hear back by the end of the week. I was offered the position later that day.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watertown, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watertown, WI

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Generac Power Systems.

I attended a Generac Job fair and was able to meet face to face with their hiring managers to begin the process. The job fair was posted in the career section of their company website.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you went above and beyond with customer service?   Answer Question

Supply Chain Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukesha, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukesha, WI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Generac Power Systems.

Tell me about yourself style with very unstructured style. Met with multiple people over two rounds of interviews. Each interviewer had a different style and no one used an interview packet so far as I could tell. This was born out when I started doing interviews later for roles in our department

Interview Questions
    • Describe the steps you will take to accomplish the project   Answer Question
    I had a second offer and current job so I had control - the offer was pretty fair up front and I negotiated some more base pay.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jefferson, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jefferson, WI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Generac Power Systems in December 2013.

Initial phone screen with engineering manager with the pressure washer division. Talk was largely based around project management and project ownership. My onsite visit was a time crunch. I asked for a later flight but no response. The interview onsite had changed focus from what was discussed on the phone to a job different roll altogether. And the time was too short - all one on one interviews - we ran out of time before I had to leave for the airport. It was nice to see a company still making product in the USA.

Interview Questions
    • Part was place in front of me and asked how would I make it more cost effective?
      Part was shown and asked how would I get rid of or hid a part blemish?

Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whitewater, WI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Generac Power Systems in August 2013.

Recruiter phone screen was ok. One of the first questions was if my salary expectations were in the upper 50's. Pretty low but I said yes and figured it would take longer to negotiate to a more reasonable number. The rest of the questions were typical questions about my resume and previous experience. Second interview was with a supervisor. This person seemed really disinterested and asked me questions like "tell me about your last position". Nothing technical and when I asked if they had any questions about past projects or work situations they said "no, that's okay".

Graphic Designer Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Generac Power Systems.

Applied online a few times and have not heard back from them

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whitewater, WI

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Generac Power Systems in January 2011.

This place is the worst, don't

ther is no, or very little negotiation (expect 10K less than you should get, with a 1.5% increase with an excellent review)

Engineering Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Generac Power Systems.

Let me be clear: I did not interview with anyone onsite. This is strictly a review of the phone screening I had with a recruiter. I want to help make interview candidates aware of what to expect.

I received a solicitation through a career website and agreed to speak on the phone with a recruiter. Things went well until I was asked what my current salary was and what I was expecting for a new position. When I gave them my salary expectation I was literally scoffed at. The recruiter almost laughed. I was then told for some time how I am not worth that amount of money and I need to rethink things. Needless to say, I did not receive a follow up phone call for an onsite interview.

By the way, I interviewed at another company the next week and received an offer for higher than what I told Generac my expected salary was. I won't have to wear a tie to work everyday as an engineer, either. I think they need to understand that in order to attract top talent they need to open the pocket book a little. From the reviews I have read, it seems like they need to do the same for their current employees.

Engineering Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Generac Power Systems in February 2009.

Simple, common questions like, "Describe yourself" and "Talk about a time when you ran into conflict and how you resolved it". Nothing that caught me off guard. I was interviewd by 3 people.

Interview Questions
    It was for an internship, so there was no negotiation