Generac Power Systems Interview Questions

Updated Aug 2, 2015

2.3

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Generac Power Systems.

Interview

On site in Waukesha, 1:1 with manager and director. Very technical, some questions about how I handle certain people and situations, received a tour. Total interview Took about 3 hours

Assembly Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Generac Power Systems.

Interview

Answered basic questions about myself and my job history. Was asked if I could start the next day. Whole interview took 20 minutes. HR rep seemed surprised that I wasn't being referred by a temp agency.

Product Management Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukesha, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Generac Power Systems (Waukesha, WI) in June 2015.

Interview

The phone interview was to get a sense of my personality, skill sets, and work history. The questions were what you would expect, e.g. “Describe your roles and responsibilities at X Company”. Then there was an in-person interview recapping the phone interview and asking questions correlating the responsibilities and what is expected from the role. It was all straight forward.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Quite Easy

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Generac Power Systems (Milwaukee, WI) in April 2015.

Interview

It was a phone interview. It was with a screener from HR. We seemed to have a good exchange. When it was done, they said there would be a follow up call with the hiring manager, and then I never heard from them again. Even when I tried to contact them, and left messages, they didn't call back.

Interview Questions

• They were the usual basic questions; what was the accomplishment you are most proud of? How do you achieve your goal when others are resistant? Etc.   Answer Question

Lab Technician Interview

Interview

Can take a very long time. Has been known to take 6 months. Can consume a whole day. You may interview up to 6 people and some are very full of themselves.

Interview Questions

• What kind of vehicle do you drive.?   1 Answer

Declined for better pay. They will low ball you.

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waukesha, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Generac Power Systems (Waukesha, WI) in November 2014.

Interview

Was contacted via email after I was found via my university, had two phone interviews before being invited out to Waukesha, WI for an on-site interview. This consisted of informal interviews with two workers, a tour, and an info session with 9 other interviewees.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose your major?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Generac Power Systems.

Interview

I applied online and received an email a few weeks later to set up a phone interview with the recruiter. The questions were pretty typical interview questions, nothing too unexpected. At the end of the call, I was offered an on-site interview, which we set up for the next week. The on-site interview included 3 separate one-on-one interviews with people I would be working with, mostly reviewing my resume and talking about the position and the recruiter told me to expect to hear back by the end of the week. I was offered the position later that day.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Watertown, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Generac Power Systems (Watertown, WI).

Interview

I attended a Generac Job fair and was able to meet face to face with their hiring managers to begin the process. The job fair was posted in the career section of their company website.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you went above and beyond with customer service?   Answer Question

Customer Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukesha, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Generac Power Systems (Waukesha, WI) in May 2014.

Interview

I first met with HR and Nancy Tonkin, who is now retired. They went over the general job overview and asked me a series of questions. They had me shadow an employee with that specific job title, so I could get the feel for the job and what it entails. Afterwards I met with Nancy Tonkin again! She looked over my resume and talked to me about my sales background. We decided interviewing for Dealer Acquisitions would be a better fit. I interviewed with Ronie Jaeger and went through the same process!

Interview Questions

• What made you want to apply for this particular job? (They asked this because we had been discussing my sales job history)   1 Answer

Supply Chain Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukesha, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Generac Power Systems (Waukesha, WI).

Interview

Tell me about yourself style with very unstructured style. Met with multiple people over two rounds of interviews. Each interviewer had a different style and no one used an interview packet so far as I could tell. This was born out when I started doing interviews later for roles in our department

Interview Questions

• Describe the steps you will take to accomplish the project   Answer Question

Negotiation

I had a second offer and current job so I had control - the offer was pretty fair up front and I negotiated some more base pay.