General Atomics Aeronautical Systems

51 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at General Atomics Aeronautical Systems.

Interview Details – Applied online, in-person interview with HR then panel interview right after. Took 1 week after applying to set up interview.

Interview Question – Behavioral   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager
Poway, CA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at General Atomics Aeronautical Systems in April 2009.

Interview Details – As soon as I heard I had an interview, a friend that works their said I was hired as long as I don't do something crazy at the interview. He was right fastest easiest interview ever.

Interview Question – Where do you expect to be in five years.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None, they said take what I am offered or find another job. Really!

Engineer V/High Powered Laser Engineer Interview

Engineer V/High Powered Laser Engineer
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at General Atomics Aeronautical Systems in March 2013.

Interview Details – I was very put off by the whole process, especially how some of the people during the in-person interviews were rude and/or arrogant. The process took about 5 months from first applying to finally getting an automated email informing me that I had not been given the job more than a month after they flew me out for the in-person interviews.

The process was:
     - HR called to tell me more about the job, benefits, ask some questions and verify that I was still interested in the position
     - Telephone interview with PM, which went okay.
     - Telephone interview with Division Director, which also went okay so he invited me out for the in-person interviews
     - Flew me out for the in person interviews. Spoke with 7 people (mostly 1-on-1, but 2 pairs) over the course of a morning. Each of the 5 sessions was about 45 minutes long.

Besides not getting the job, other disappointments were:
     1. demanded that I provide them with 3 - 5 references before I come out for the interview. Usually, this is the last thing, when they just want to check on character, verify job history, etc. before making an offer. It's not necessarily easy to expect people to repeatedly take time out from their own busy lives and do references. Also considering I have a TS level clearance, this was an unnecessary imposition.
     2. Disregarded and even cast in a negative fashion the fact that I have worked overseas twice in Afghanistan. Too much concern about my job history, when I am just trying to find a good technically challenging, hands-on job. I wonder how they would treat a veteran.

Even if I had gotten the job I would have been less than happy with how they conducted their hiring process.

Interview Question – Nothing really too technically difficult. Mainly went over my job history.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Rancho Bernardo, CA

I applied online - interviewed at General Atomics Aeronautical Systems in March 2013.

Interview Details – Quick, friendly and comfortable the interview process was well like a well oiled machine. Every thing went smoothly .fist a quick phone interview then a group panel interview which is onsite and the people were easy going, and with a good sense of humor, I think i did very well at the interview and answered all the easy questions

Interview Question – Difference between C++ and JAva   Answer Question

Intern III Interview

Intern III

Interview Details – Applied online for internship position. Was contacted actually month later by HR requesting interview. Had a roughly 45 minute webcam interview with 3 employees. Overall experience was good had some technical questions but nothing extremely hard.

Interview Question – How can you tell the angle between hands of analog clock if currently 3:15   Answer Question

Software Developer II Interview

Software Developer II
Poway, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 months - interviewed at General Atomics Aeronautical Systems in January 2009.

Interview Details – Phone interview with random technical questions. In person interview with more random technical questions, and a code test. From day one of turning in my resume, to getting an offer, it probably took about 4 months. It definitely was not a fast process, and I was left wondering what was going on for quite a while.

Interview Question – Coming out of college the code test was unexpected because you don't really learn what it was asking in school, but people who had some experience in the field think it is easy.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None. I've heard GA doesn't like to negotiate.

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern

I applied online and interviewed at General Atomics Aeronautical Systems.

Interview Details – It was a phone/video interview with a panel of three interviewers. One walked in late. They asked me to tell them about myself and then proceeded with the technical questions. They had a packet of programming questions that they asked me. One lady just kept asking questions and moving the interview along; after I provided an answer, she would ask me to give an example (i.e. What is inheritance and when/how would you use it?)

Interview Question – If you have an analog clock at time 3:15, what is the angle in between the minute and the hour hands?   View Answer

Engineer VI Interview

Engineer VI
Poway, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at General Atomics Aeronautical Systems in September 2012.

Interview Details – Found out about the job through an ad. Interview process is quite thorough. Future boss, his boss, her boss (VP level). Ended with a panel of 4 firing questions. Everything from theoretical management issues, to very technical questions.

Interview Question – I can't get to specific. But when asked a technical question, keep in mind the position you are interviewing for and think through the answer using the skills you would expected to have for that particular job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They will try to get you for as cheap as they can.

Software Safety Engineer Interview

Software Safety Engineer
San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at General Atomics Aeronautical Systems in January 2012.

Interview Details – Very straight forward and simple. They came looking for me so it was almost a guaranteed job.

Interview Question – What are your career goals in the next 5 years if you stay with the company?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Simple. But took almost 3 months for it to finaly go from phone interview to actual HR interview.

Software Developer VII Interview

Software Developer VII
Poway, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at General Atomics Aeronautical Systems in June 2012.

Interview Details – The phone interview is just a general overall picture of what is coming for the (a)1:1 interview. At (a) you go thrugh different offices explaining about experience and personality, I guess this is where they find you if you are fit or not. The nature of the work gives the entire interview process a chill-inelastic sense of comfort. It is very easy to determine the company's culture by the interview process. Lastly, you will get a skill-process-oriented-weed-out "practice" exercise. The practice exercise consists of passing values through functions and displaying the output.

Interview Questions