General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Program Manager Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Mar 18, 2014
Updated Mar 18, 2014
3 interviews

2.0

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee  in  Poway, CA
Anonymous Employee in Poway, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at General Atomics Aeronautical Systems in February 2014.

HR process slower than Vermont Maple Syrup in Jan. HR rep tried like the dickens to lowball salary expectation out of the chocks during first phone interview. 'Reduced expectations' commensurate with my experience with HR Dept: the initial HR 'greeter' had no idea why I was there, and after finally figuring out who I was supposed to meet, I got to sit for 20 minutes past interview slot waiting for HR rep who told me, "Sorry, I was on a phone call".

HR will send out 'ref requests' with a 'cover letter' to the recipients signed on your behalf. Not that I mind a letter going to my refs, but if I didn't write it, it shouldn't have my name on it...it is a 'cheesy' letter to boot.

I hope the Predator can make time on target better than the 'first impression crew' at GA.

(they failed their interview)

Interview Questions
  • very standard HR questions ("Why do you want to work here?")   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for General Atomics Aeronautical Systems

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Poway, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Poway, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at General Atomics Aeronautical Systems in April 2009.

As soon as I heard I had an interview, a friend that works their said I was hired as long as I don't do something crazy at the interview. He was right fastest easiest interview ever.

Interview Questions
    None, they said take what I am offered or find another job. Really!

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Poway, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Poway, CA

The process took 3 months - interviewed at General Atomics Aeronautical Systems in May 2009.

HR initially told me I was not qualified. I spoke with a hiring manager who indicated I had just the right background (the same as his background). HR fought me every step of the way. HR at GA-ASI is the worst I have ever dealt with.

The interview was with 5 individual hiring managers in series. They are all looking for a particular niche to fill what they are missing and questions revolve around production knowledge and management style. How you deal with people etc.

Something to note with GA, your personality is a major driver to the hire/no hire decision. You need to be able to get along with people. No egos (fighter pilots). This will sink you faster than anything. High EQ individuals will do well especially if you can read your interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • How would you gauge your management style   View Answer
    There was no negotiation. The HR rep made this a take it or leave it offer. I checked with the hiring manager because I felt the offer was low. He indicated there was no opportunity to negotiate salary.
    Note: This was an internal transfer.

Worked for General Atomics Aeronautical Systems? Contribute to the Community!