General Atomics Aeronautical Systems

3.3

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at General Atomics Aeronautical Systems in March 2012.

had a phone interview for about 40mins~1hr. At the end of the phone interview I asked that if I am likely be moving forward to the next interview and was confirmed that I will definitely be asked for the next on-site interview. At the on-site interview, had an interview with an HR guy. He was really nice and motivated and encouraged me to join their company. After an hour long interview with the HR guy, had a group interview with three software engineers. Basically they asked about my projects and things on the resume. There were some other questions they asked but they were reasonable and straightforward. After another hour long interview with group of engineers, I took an hour long programming assessment. They said that it is not a test and it is only to see "how" you program, not "how well" you program. The assessment was very reasonable and a guy sits next to you for any questions you got. However, I think I screwed up on the programming exercise.

Other Interview Reviews for General Atomics Aeronautical Systems

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Poway, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Poway, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at General Atomics Aeronautical Systems in February 2011.

It started with a phone interview. The phone interview consisted of questions on C/C++, Object Oriented Concepts and one or two puzzle questions.

The onsite interview started with half an hour recruiter interview, then a panel interview. The panel interview consisted of mainly questions going over your resume. Then a skills test with an hour time was given.

The skills test was creating a dynamic array using classes and printing the elements of the array.

Software Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at General Atomics Aeronautical Systems in November 2009.

I was called to set up an on-site interview and received an e-mail with the times and names of the people I was to interview. First, I met an HR person to discuss the company, interview process and position. I thought that I was going to have two interviews for two positions, but it turned out to be a interview for both positions at the same time. This made it hard for me to focus on each of the positions. The panel asked me about my experience and resume. Then they took what I thought was an inordinate amount of time giving me a basic C programming quiz. The entire process took an hour and a half. I went in for a second interview a few weeks later, but have not heard back.

Interview Questions
    • Go through this code line by line and tell us what the three print statements at the end print out.   Answer Question