General Atomics Avionics Technician Interview Questions

3.5

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Avionics Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palmdale, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at General Atomics in March 2013.

First you have to pass Online test. Then a Phone interview. Then Practical Test. Then Person-to-person interview wich its pretty hard but its not really about knowledge more about personality. Ask you to describe any kind of avionics systems of aircraft that you used to work. What if?? questions.. Qualities you have.

Interview Questions
  • Talk Alot of yourself and systmes. Practice to describe any kind of system specially avionics that you used to work before   Answer Question
No negociating. HR give you how much you going to make and they wont give you more.. You can try tho. Nothing to loose

Other Interview Reviews for General Atomics

Avionics Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palmdale, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at General Atomics in January 2012.

There were a few steps to go through but overall it was very painless.
         1. They called to setup a phone interview.
         2. Phone Interview (Very basic questions ie. tell me about yourself, your experience, rate your skill level).
         3. Online Skills Test (They give you a week or so to complete it.. 2 part test with theory, safety, general math and competency questions ie. which way does the slash go in a web address? This way // or that way \\)
         4. Fly you out to the company (Very nice all expenses paid trip)
         5. Onsite test (Many if not all of the questions come from the previous online test, so pay attention and study)
         6. Practical Exercise (Install a piece of equipment onto a test bench,. Don't sit anything down! FOD! Test it. Write down your results.)
         7. 2 on 1 interview (This is VERY long (1hr+) and the interviewers play off each other, they have a script, and EVERY question starts with "Tell me about a time..." so have plenty of stories available. Also, they asked me to describe something very difficult in great detail. I tend to think things are only difficult if you let them be, bit a good answer. This was my last question, and the first time it had ever been asked it and I flubbed it.)

The company seemed VERY laid back, not a suit, a tie, or a button down in the whole place. I wore a suit and felt very out of place. I'm not sure if business casual is right answer but maybe this a better question to ask your recruiter.

I wish you well, and happy interviewing.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to work with limited resources.   Answer Question
    • Describe a very difficult task in great detail.   Answer Question