General Atomics

Relevance Date Difficulty

Business Systems Analysis Interview

Business Systems Analysis

Interviewed at General Atomics

Interview Details – The process is really easy. Only one phone interview. Duration around 30 minutes. The hiring manager is nice guy which ask some background info. Next morning receive offer. The process takes only max 1 weeks.

Interview Question – Star questions and some data structures questions   Answer Question

Avionics Technician Interview

Avionics Technician
Palmdale, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at General Atomics in March 2013.

Interview Details – First you have to pass Online test. Then a Phone interview. Then Practical Test. Then Person-to-person interview wich its pretty hard but its not really about knowledge more about personality. Ask you to describe any kind of avionics systems of aircraft that you used to work. What if?? questions.. Qualities you have.

Interview Question – Talk Alot of yourself and systmes. Practice to describe any kind of system specially avionics that you used to work before   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negociating. HR give you how much you going to make and they wont give you more.. You can try tho. Nothing to loose

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Senior Systems Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at General Atomics in March 2010.

Interview Details – Short and team executed. Some technical questions but overall very relxed. It was enjoyable adn probing to understand where I best fit in the company. My memeory is a bit foggy as it was years ago. It was only about 3 hrs in length.

Interview Question – There really weren;t any difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Director, Contacts and Procurement Interview

Director, Contacts and Procurement

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at General Atomics in August 2013.

Interview Details – Brought me in to interview for a position which when I got there was told it was not available, and just recently filled. However, the same job posting has been up for over two years and the job has been filled for at least that long. Bait and switch tactics.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary. No ground breaking processes here.   Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

Test Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at General Atomics.

Interview Details – Inital HR phone interview. Received a phone call with a formal invite for on site interview. Before the interview I had to submit 5 professional references to answer an online survey. The interview consisted of a 30 min HR interview, a 30 min with Senior Engineer, 30 min with a panel of 4 Managers and a final 30 minute interview with the Project Manager. The Interview consisted of a lot of questioning but mostly your typical HR related questions such as - Goals in 1, 5 years, Preferred Work environment, Discuss a difficult time in job and how you dealt with it, What you can bring to the company, favorite hobby, What you like about the position/company, just to name a few. I was told I would hear feedback within 1-2 weeks. After 3 weeks I contacted them to get an update that they were still in the interviewing process and I would be informed one way or another. 2 months later the position was removed from the site and I didn't hear from them.

Project Controls Analyst Interview

Project Controls Analyst
San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at General Atomics in June 2009.

Interview Details – Submitted resume through friend who had just recently started working there, but in a different department. With her good word, I was able to secure an interview fairly quickly. Interviewed with two contractor employees (together) and hiring manager. Total interview time took around two hours, with some time talking to HR.

Interview Question – Nothing terribly difficult beyond basic EVMS questions.   Answer Question

Engneering Manager II Interview

Engneering Manager II
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at General Atomics in August 2009.

Interview Details – The hiring process was very slow from the time the application was submitted to first request for an interview. The company is fairly rigid in there approach to hiring, little flexibility.

Interview Question – There weren't many challenging questions during the interview process, this was a bit surprising. Just a general discussion on previous experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very little room to negotiate. Mostly a take it or leave it attitude.

Engineer II Interview

Engineer II
San Diego, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a year or more - interviewed at General Atomics in October 2009.

Interview Details – Was hired 1one year to the date of applying for the position this due to the position involved working Department of Energy contracts. After fifteen years and thirteen contracts it was time to retire.

Interview Question – Havee you ever worked in a radiological atmosphere?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
San Diego, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 6 months - interviewed at General Atomics in May 2010.

Interview Details – HR was utterly horrible. They couldn't answer simple questions or direct me to the person that could and that was just so I could find out who I was interviewing with. The process was easy, the individuals I interviewed with would become my coworkers. The management did not interview me, I did not meet any management until my first day.

Interview Question – What are your expectations in this role as they apply to your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Standard back and forth

Software Developer I Interview

Software Developer I

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at General Atomics in August 2013.

Interview Details – I applied on their website and got an email for an initial phone interview later that week. The man interviewing me asked some pretty technical questions. The team I was interviewing for wrote the autopilot system for their UAV's. The programmers need to know C programming as well as how aircraft fly to be able to understand how the coding would affect the aircraft mid-flight.

Interview Question – Asked how a plane turns, how memory is allocated in C, Stack, Heap, Pointers. Not asked about actual code in this interview.   Answer Question

Worked for General Atomics? Contribute to the Community!