General Atomics Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015

2.9

Master Scheduler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Poway, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at General Atomics (Poway, CA).

Interview

Six interviews all on one day scheduled back to back by HR rep. Initially, hiring manager contacted me based on my skills/experience, I applied online and uploaded resume, HR set up the interview.

Interview Questions

• What did you do to prepare for this interview?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at General Atomics.

Interview

Good, asked typical questions as well as did a good job explaining job duties. Online description of the job was not quite clear as I have found with several job positions posted online. Overall good.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was expecting a little more in pay but hey did work with me.

Intern IV Interview

Interview

Was sat down and interviewed by four different hiring managers. I was asked all about my resume and told to go into detail about every little thing. After I talked about my resume they asked me very simple questions: Am I able to work in a team?, What brought me here to apply to GA?, What is something I am passionate about?.

Interview Questions

• What is something I am passionate about and how does it relate to working here at GA?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Atomics.

Interview

HR specialist called within a week of submitting my resume and asked pretty basic intro questions - go over resume/experience, salary expectations, job description, etc. Met with hiring manager and two other employees within the next week for on-site interview. The interview lasted about an hour and was mostly about my prior experience in previous roles.

Interview Questions

• How does your previous experience relate to the position for which you are applying?   Answer Question

Department Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at General Atomics (San Diego, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Pretty much painless. Phone interview, 1 on 1, and then panel interview. The questions were standard and simple. Panel was very pleasant and conducted the interview as a conversation instead of simple Q and A.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this position with our company?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Poway, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at General Atomics (Poway, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Interview was straightforward with technical and behavioral questions BUT if you haven't brushed up on the basics for any language you will have a hard time. Unfortunately for me who does not do well in timed and rapid fashion answering environments, this turned out to be harder than expected. Experience does play a key in the interview because they ask if you had any experience prior to applying. On the other hand, the interviewer was polite and reasonable with me since I had trouble and gave me advice rather than scorning me for the basics. I was later given a pretest to answer and the questions weren't too bad but like I said, and word of advice, relearn the language prior to applying for any software position.

Interview Questions

• What is volatile (in C) and why would you use it when you communicate from software to hardware.   Answer Question
    • What does the operating system do when you call a function. Need a full explanation.   Answer Question
    • What is static (in C) and why would you use it in the program?   Answer Question
    • If you have a byte with a hexadecimal 0xFF, what is the value in decimal? Also, if you shift it 4 bits to the right, what would the decimal value be?   Answer Question
    • How many bytes does int and char take up in memory.   Answer Question

Department Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Atomics (San Diego, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I was contacted fairly fast. I didn't even know if they had an opening I just submitted my resume to a familiar position and received an email scheduling a phone interview no more than a week or so later. The phone interview was a round table conference style and was able to speak to my potential supervisors. They asked me great questions and were really nice and I landed the face to face interview as well.

Interview Questions

• One questions was "Tell me about your day to day responsibilities where you currently work. How are they similar to the position you are applying for?"   1 Answer

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at General Atomics (San Diego, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

10-minute phone interview with up to 5 interviewers on the call. You must sum up your qualifications in the first minute while the interviewers are presumably following you with your resume. Then they ask questions and offer their opinions of the resume.

Interview Questions

• 1. What was your GPA at graduation. 2. What experience do you have with DITA. It centered on past experience.   Answer Question

SAP Basis Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Atomics (San Diego, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

The hiring process was slow overall, at least it was for me. They have been looking for a candidate for quite some time so it must be a stringy process in place to choose the correct person for the job, I can appreciate that overall. They were professional throughout the process but I ultimately did not get offered a position there.

Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palmdale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at General Atomics (Palmdale, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone interview of work scenerios. How to handle crisis. Safety procedures.qualifications. What my background was. What kind of work did I perform. What aircraft did I work on. What was my educational level.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle confrontation in the workplace   1 Answer