General Atomics Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015

2.8

Master Scheduler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Poway, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at General Atomics (Poway, CA).

Interview

Six interviews all on one day scheduled back to back by HR rep. Initially, hiring manager contacted me based on my skills/experience, I applied online and uploaded resume, HR set up the interview.

Interview Questions

• What did you do to prepare for this interview?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at General Atomics.

Interview

Good, asked typical questions as well as did a good job explaining job duties. Online description of the job was not quite clear as I have found with several job positions posted online. Overall good.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was expecting a little more in pay but hey did work with me.

Intern IV Interview

Interview

Was sat down and interviewed by four different hiring managers. I was asked all about my resume and told to go into detail about every little thing. After I talked about my resume they asked me very simple questions: Am I able to work in a team?, What brought me here to apply to GA?, What is something I am passionate about?.

Interview Questions

• What is something I am passionate about and how does it relate to working here at GA?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Atomics.

Interview

HR specialist called within a week of submitting my resume and asked pretty basic intro questions - go over resume/experience, salary expectations, job description, etc. Met with hiring manager and two other employees within the next week for on-site interview. The interview lasted about an hour and was mostly about my prior experience in previous roles.

Interview Questions

• How does your previous experience relate to the position for which you are applying?   Answer Question

Department Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at General Atomics (San Diego, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Pretty much painless. Phone interview, 1 on 1, and then panel interview. The questions were standard and simple. Panel was very pleasant and conducted the interview as a conversation instead of simple Q and A.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this position with our company?   Answer Question

Program Manager III Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at General Atomics.

Interview

1. Phone interview with a recruiter. Recruiter asked general questions. They also worked with the hiring manager to schedule an in person interview. 2. In person interview began with a review of the company and benefits by the recruiter. I was provided with a schedule of interviews. I interviewed with the direct hiring manager and two of their direct reports. First interview seemed like the individual was selling the company to me. Second interview was with the hiring manager. I felt like they were trying to see if I fit in with the culture, organization and if I was a match to work with the manager. Third interview was with an individual that asked me the the what would you do in this scenario questions. 3. I was offered the position within a week of my in person interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had an issue with a co-worker or peer. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Atomics.

Interview

Phone interview (1st round). HR was very nice. She asked basic questions over my resume. She also asked me about my background. The phone screening only took around 10 minutes. I asked her what a normal day in this job was like. She was very helpful in describing it. The next step is a video teleconference interview, which I am waiting on.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had conflict?   1 Answer

General Atomics Response

Apr 15, 2015 – System Administrator

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review about your interview experience with General Atomics and affiliated companies.

Field Avionics Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palmdale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at General Atomics (Palmdale, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Sample test of online questions, Demonstration of work ability, face to face interview. Be sure to know the information on the test. A random sample will be selected onsite and you will have to successfully accomplish or the interview is over there. Follow the procedure and instructions and you will do fine on the demonstration. Answer truthfully in the face to face and you'll do just fine. They understand that you are nervous, so take your time and answer the questions.

Interview Questions

• Explain something that you did or worked on. Be technical.   Answer Question

General Atomics Response

Jun 24, 2015 – System Administrator

Test Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Bernardo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at General Atomics (Rancho Bernardo, CA).

Interview

Received a screen call from one of the lead engineers in the group and answered very basic questions. I was brought in about 2 weeks after the initial screen. I was first interviewed by an HR recruiter who asked very basic questions about my career goals. From there, we went to an interview room where I was administered a written exam and given 45 minutes to complete it. Questions involved identification of basic discrete components, op-amp formulas, digital components, and power systems concepts. Some questions were very easy, some were difficult. After that, i was interviewed (non-technical) by a lead engineer from the TE group for about 15 minutes. Waited an hour, then was interviewed by a manager from the field engineering group. He opened up some schematics for a flight board and pointed out various circuit components (mostly op-amp based) and asked me to identify them. This lasted about 15 minutes. Waited another hour, and my final interview (non-technical) came from the manager of the group. The entire interview process lasted from 8am to 1pm. They gave a tour of the facilities following the interview. Received an offer 2-3 weeks later, and accepted.

Interview Questions

• Identify various Op-Amp based circuits on a schematic.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at General Atomics (San Diego, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process is pretty straightforward. I only had one phone interview which was both technical and behavioral. The manager I spoke to was friendly and seemed pretty laid back and was actively trying to keep the interview professional and yet seem like a conversation at the same time. A few days later, HR reached out to me and said that they'd like to continue the process which involved me sending in 5 references and them doing a background check on me. After everything checked out, they said they'd extend an offer to me sometime in the middle of March and my offer would be contingent on my GPA and a drug test.