General Atomics Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.9

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at General Atomics (San Diego, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Two 45 minute sessions with 3 people each. Varying level of positions, HR Assistant, Recruiter, multiple HR Managers. They alternated asking questions and asked from a standardized (for their company?) format.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral based interview questions - describe a time when, etc.   Answer Question

Program Manager III Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at General Atomics.

Interview

1. Phone interview with a recruiter. Recruiter asked general questions. They also worked with the hiring manager to schedule an in person interview. 2. In person interview began with a review of the company and benefits by the recruiter. I was provided with a schedule of interviews. I interviewed with the direct hiring manager and two of their direct reports. First interview seemed like the individual was selling the company to me. Second interview was with the hiring manager. I felt like they were trying to see if I fit in with the culture, organization and if I was a match to work with the manager. Third interview was with an individual that asked me the the what would you do in this scenario questions. 3. I was offered the position within a week of my in person interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had an issue with a co-worker or peer. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Atomics.

Interview

Phone interview (1st round). HR was very nice. She asked basic questions over my resume. She also asked me about my background. The phone screening only took around 10 minutes. I asked her what a normal day in this job was like. She was very helpful in describing it. The next step is a video teleconference interview, which I am waiting on.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had conflict?   1 Answer

Apr 15, 2015 – System Administrator

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review about your interview experience with General Atomics and affiliated companies.

Department Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at General Atomics (San Diego, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

HR called me to set up interview, no HR screening. Met with Senior Talent and interviewed one on one. Next interview was with the 2 senior admins. Last interview was with Managers there was 3 scheduled but only 2 showed up. They all asked general questions but the Managers didn't really have much to say most of the questions came from the Admin people who would be in your day to day operations. Didn't want to ask when they would make a decisions but was able to get a one on one answer with my escort one of the admin interviewers. She said it normally would take about 2 months to get an answer. I have checked the board to see if the posting was still listed..it has been until recently. I reached out to HR to see if they have made a decision and they would not respond back to my email from the recruiter who initially emailed me. I guess GA does not even send you an email saying they will not proceed with your candidacy or some form of contact that you were passed over.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for General Atomics?   1 Answer

Jun 24, 2015 – System Administrator

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We appreciate the feedback and regret that you had this experience with General Atomics and affiliated companies.

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at General Atomics (San Diego, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Comprised three sections. First, I spoke with a representative of HR. This was a pretty standard interview. Highlight your resume, why are you interested in our company, here are our benefits, etc. Second, I spoke with a panel of members of the Technical Writing department. We went over my resume in detail, they had me give a brief technical presentation (no slides), and reviewed writing samples. Third, I went into an office and looked at schematics to describe an assembly process and reviewed a set of instructions for errors.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years?   1 Answer

Field Avionics Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palmdale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at General Atomics (Palmdale, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Sample test of online questions, Demonstration of work ability, face to face interview. Be sure to know the information on the test. A random sample will be selected onsite and you will have to successfully accomplish or the interview is over there. Follow the procedure and instructions and you will do fine on the demonstration. Answer truthfully in the face to face and you'll do just fine. They understand that you are nervous, so take your time and answer the questions.

Interview Questions

• Explain something that you did or worked on. Be technical.   Answer Question

Jun 24, 2015 – System Administrator

Test Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Bernardo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at General Atomics (Rancho Bernardo, CA).

Interview

Received a screen call from one of the lead engineers in the group and answered very basic questions. I was brought in about 2 weeks after the initial screen. I was first interviewed by an HR recruiter who asked very basic questions about my career goals. From there, we went to an interview room where I was administered a written exam and given 45 minutes to complete it. Questions involved identification of basic discrete components, op-amp formulas, digital components, and power systems concepts. Some questions were very easy, some were difficult. After that, i was interviewed (non-technical) by a lead engineer from the TE group for about 15 minutes. Waited an hour, then was interviewed by a manager from the field engineering group. He opened up some schematics for a flight board and pointed out various circuit components (mostly op-amp based) and asked me to identify them. This lasted about 15 minutes. Waited another hour, and my final interview (non-technical) came from the manager of the group. The entire interview process lasted from 8am to 1pm. They gave a tour of the facilities following the interview. Received an offer 2-3 weeks later, and accepted.

Interview Questions

• Identify various Op-Amp based circuits on a schematic.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at General Atomics (San Diego, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process is pretty straightforward. I only had one phone interview which was both technical and behavioral. The manager I spoke to was friendly and seemed pretty laid back and was actively trying to keep the interview professional and yet seem like a conversation at the same time. A few days later, HR reached out to me and said that they'd like to continue the process which involved me sending in 5 references and them doing a background check on me. After everything checked out, they said they'd extend an offer to me sometime in the middle of March and my offer would be contingent on my GPA and a drug test.

Avionics Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Atomics (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

First you have to pass the Phone interview. Then Practical Test. Then Person-to-person interview which its pretty hard but its not really about knowledge more about personality. Ask you to describe any kind of avionics systems of aircraft that you used to work. What if?? questions.. most of the questions is about how you dealt with situations happened to you before.

Interview Questions

• Talk Alot of yourself and systems. Practice to describe any kind of system specially avionics that you used to work before.   Answer Question

Technical Writer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at General Atomics.

Interview

Interview lasted from about 10-4pm. Rotated between a small panel, a tour of the manufacturing facility and finally a meeting with the Director of the department. Very well-rounded evaluation for knowledge, company fit and candidate engagement. To-the-point, thorough, but not grinding. It's a long day by design. If you are looking for a "placeholder" job, they will figure that out. Employee retention is high, so they are ensuring that you are right, because they hire for the long term.

Interview Questions

• Director expected me to draw out systems from an aircraft I had not flown in over 2 years.   Answer Question