Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at General Atomics
- Software Developer (6)
- Engineer (5)
- Intern (4)
- Technical Writer (4)
- Program Manager (3)
- Software Developer I (3)
- Software Developer II (3)
- Software Engineer (3)
- Graphic Illustrator (3)
- Project Engineer (2)
- Project Manager (2)
- Engineer I (2)
- Software Engineering Intern (2)
- Systems Engineer (2)
- Test Engineer (2)
- Mechanical Engineer I (2)
- Mechanical Engineer II (2)
- Avionics Technician (2)
- Intern III (2)
- Department Specialist III (1)
- Field Avionics Technician (1)
- Software Engineer On CLAW (1)
- Neutral Beam Technician (1)
- Software Safety Engineer (1)
- Department Assistant II (1)
- UAV Specialist (1)
- Engineer V/High Powered Laser Engineer (1)
- Security Suppost Specialist (1)
- MID LEVEL UAV SYSTEMS SPECIALIST (1)
- Engneering Manager II (1)
Software Developer I Interview
I applied online. The process took a week – interviewed at General Atomics in August 2013.
I applied on their website and got an email for an initial phone interview later that week. The man interviewing me asked some pretty technical questions. The team I was interviewing for wrote the autopilot system for their UAV's. The programmers need to know C programming as well as how aircraft fly to be able to understand how the coding would affect the aircraft mid-flight.
- Asked how a plane turns, how memory is allocated in C, Stack, Heap, Pointers. Not asked about actual code in this interview. Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for General Atomics
Software Developer I InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
The process took a day – interviewed at General Atomics (Poway, CA) in November 2011.
Just going to describe the initial phone screen. Lady was nice but the interview was a little impersonal. Basically asked a bunch of standard questions first like what are your strengths, favorite classes, explain your internships, etc. Then went on to a few quickfire tech questions and said the results plus my resume would be forwarded along.
Software Developer I InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
The process took 4+ weeks – interviewed at General Atomics (Poway, CA) in September 2010.
Starts out with a phone interview from a senior member of the team you are interviewing for. Next if you pass the phone interview there is a meeting with a tech recruiter, followed immediately by a meeting with two people from the team. During this meeting they give you a tour of the facility followed by a programing test.
- During the phone interview they ask about c concepts, such as static, Hex, and bitwise operations. Answer Question