General Atomics Software Developer I Interview Questions

3.7

Software Developer I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at General Atomics in August 2013.

Interview

I applied on their website and got an email for an initial phone interview later that week. The man interviewing me asked some pretty technical questions. The team I was interviewing for wrote the autopilot system for their UAV's. The programmers need to know C programming as well as how aircraft fly to be able to understand how the coding would affect the aircraft mid-flight.

Interview Questions

• Asked how a plane turns, how memory is allocated in C, Stack, Heap, Pointers. Not asked about actual code in this interview.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for General Atomics

Software Developer I Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at General Atomics (Poway, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

Just going to describe the initial phone screen. Lady was nice but the interview was a little impersonal. Basically asked a bunch of standard questions first like what are your strengths, favorite classes, explain your internships, etc. Then went on to a few quickfire tech questions and said the results plus my resume would be forwarded along.

Interview Questions

• 1. How many bits in a byte?
      2. What's the integral of velocity?

1 Answer
    • Shift 0xFF to the right by 2, what do you get?   1 Answer
    • What's heap? What's stack?   1 Answer
    • What's a pointer?   Answer Question
    • What's a static function? A static variable?   Answer Question

Software Developer I Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at General Atomics (Poway, CA) in September 2010.

Interview

Starts out with a phone interview from a senior member of the team you are interviewing for. Next if you pass the phone interview there is a meeting with a tech recruiter, followed immediately by a meeting with two people from the team. During this meeting they give you a tour of the facility followed by a programing test.

Interview Questions

• During the phone interview they ask about c concepts, such as static, Hex, and bitwise operations.   Answer Question