General Atomics

General Atomics Software Developer I Interview Questions

3.7

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Developer I Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at General Atomics in August 2013.

I applied on their website and got an email for an initial phone interview later that week. The man interviewing me asked some pretty technical questions. The team I was interviewing for wrote the autopilot system for their UAV's. The programmers need to know C programming as well as how aircraft fly to be able to understand how the coding would affect the aircraft mid-flight.

Interview Questions
  • Asked how a plane turns, how memory is allocated in C, Stack, Heap, Pointers. Not asked about actual code in this interview.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for General Atomics

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Poway, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at General Atomics in November 2011.

Just going to describe the initial phone screen. Lady was nice but the interview was a little impersonal. Basically asked a bunch of standard questions first like what are your strengths, favorite classes, explain your internships, etc. Then went on to a few quickfire tech questions and said the results plus my resume would be forwarded along.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Poway, CA

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at General Atomics in September 2010.

Starts out with a phone interview from a senior member of the team you are interviewing for. Next if you pass the phone interview there is a meeting with a tech recruiter, followed immediately by a meeting with two people from the team. During this meeting they give you a tour of the facility followed by a programing test.

Interview Questions
    • During the phone interview they ask about c concepts, such as static, Hex, and bitwise operations.   Answer Question