General Atomics Software Developer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 1, 2015

3.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at General Atomics in February 2015.

The interview process is pretty straightforward. I only had one phone interview which was both technical and behavioral. The manager I spoke to was friendly and seemed pretty laid back and was actively trying to keep the interview professional and yet seem like a conversation at the same time. A few days later, HR reached out to me and said that they'd like to continue the process which involved me sending in 5 references and them doing a background check on me. After everything checked out, they said they'd extend an offer to me sometime in the middle of March and my offer would be contingent on my GPA and a drug test.

Other Interview Reviews for General Atomics

Software Developer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at General Atomics.

Phone Interview. Recruiter could not tell me if its was discussion only with manager , or will be a technical interview with a Panel. There were 3 people (including manager). No Introductions from their side except their names. Seemed rude & unprofessional. Manager asked me to introduce my background . Once I was done, asked the team to ask questions. There were very specific product related questions down to program / Functions , flag variables level. Answered tons of the questions correctly, & for some I explained the approach not specific answer. Not sure if the interviewer was a contractor trying to save his job.. For someone with many many years in the industry, I have never seen such specific questioning. Seemed more like they were going thru motions to eliminate. Manager told me that recruiter will get in touch with me , although I doubt it.

Anonymous Employee in Poway, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at General Atomics in April 2012.

I only did the phone interview and did not make it past that. They asked very specific questions about C memory management (static variables, heap, stack, what does the operating system do when it calls a function). In addition they asked about serial interfaces and baud rate and how that translates to characters per second. They also asked about controls, in particular transforms (Laplace in particular) and wanted an in depth review of PID control.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at General Atomics in March 2012.

had a phone interview for about 40mins~1hr. At the end of the phone interview I asked that if I am likely be moving forward to the next interview and was confirmed that I will definitely be asked for the next on-site interview. At the on-site interview, had an interview with an HR guy. He was really nice and motivated and encouraged me to join their company. After an hour long interview with the HR guy, had a group interview with three software engineers. Basically they asked about my projects and things on the resume. There were some other questions they asked but they were reasonable and straightforward. After another hour long interview with group of engineers, I took an hour long programming assessment. They said that it is not a test and it is only to see "how" you program, not "how well" you program. The assessment was very reasonable and a guy sits next to you for any questions you got. However, I think I screwed up on the programming exercise.

Anonymous Employee in Poway, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at General Atomics in February 2011.

It started with a phone interview. The phone interview consisted of questions on C/C++, Object Oriented Concepts and one or two puzzle questions.

The onsite interview started with half an hour recruiter interview, then a panel interview. The panel interview consisted of mainly questions going over your resume. Then a skills test with an hour time was given.

The skills test was creating a dynamic array using classes and printing the elements of the array.

Software Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at General Atomics in November 2009.

I was called to set up an on-site interview and received an e-mail with the times and names of the people I was to interview. First, I met an HR person to discuss the company, interview process and position. I thought that I was going to have two interviews for two positions, but it turned out to be a interview for both positions at the same time. This made it hard for me to focus on each of the positions. The panel asked me about my experience and resume. Then they took what I thought was an inordinate amount of time giving me a basic C programming quiz. The entire process took an hour and a half. I went in for a second interview a few weeks later, but have not heard back.

Interview Questions
    • Go through this code line by line and tell us what the three print statements at the end print out.   Answer Question