General Atomics

2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer

I applied online and interviewed at General Atomics.

Interview Details – Phone Interview. Recruiter could not tell me if its was discussion only with manager , or will be a technical interview with a Panel. There were 3 people (including manager). No Introductions from their side except their names. Seemed rude & unprofessional. Manager asked me to introduce my background . Once I was done, asked the team to ask questions. There were very specific product related questions down to program / Functions , flag variables level. Answered tons of the questions correctly, & for some I explained the approach not specific answer. Not sure if the interviewer was a contractor trying to save his job.. For someone with many many years in the industry, I have never seen such specific questioning. Seemed more like they were going thru motions to eliminate. Manager told me that recruiter will get in touch with me , although I doubt it.

Interview Question – What is the field flag value in order exit.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Poway, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at General Atomics in April 2012.

Interview Details – I only did the phone interview and did not make it past that. They asked very specific questions about C memory management (static variables, heap, stack, what does the operating system do when it calls a function). In addition they asked about serial interfaces and baud rate and how that translates to characters per second. They also asked about controls, in particular transforms (Laplace in particular) and wanted an in depth review of PID control.

Interview Question – What does the operating system do when you call a function?   View Answers (3)

Worked for General Atomics? Contribute to the Community!