General Atomics Software Engineer Interview Questions

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Bernardo, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Bernardo, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at General Atomics in June 2012.

First and only interview was over the phone. Was asked to go over information on resume, and then asked a couple of technical questions which were not too difficult. HR contacted me a week later letting me know they were interested in hiring. Overall the process was not difficult, and they seemed to be more interested in if I understood basic concepts rather than intricate details.

Interview Questions
  • bit manipulation question: if we want the second and fifth bit of a number how do we extract those bits?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for General Atomics

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at General Atomics in July 2011.

The process was fairly easy. I had the initial phone interview and then they flew me in to their facility in San Diego.

Software Engineer Interview

The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at General Atomics in June 2009.

After making contact through a neighbor that worked at the company, I was invited to for a short phone interview with a non-technical human resources rep. After two weeks of waiting, I was invited in for an hour long panel interview, including a test of C programming knowlege. The test was fairly difficult, but I learned that the goal was not necessarily to pass, but to be able to work with the interviewers to reach a satisfactory conclusion.

Interview Questions
    • I was given some programming code, and asked to find errors, and to determine the final answer. Since it is a standardized test, it would be unethical for me to divulge more information than that.   Answer Question
    Since they are a government contractor, I believe they are fairly limited on their salary ranges. It is worth pushing to get about 10 percent more than their initial offer, I believe.