General Cable Interview Questions in Kentucky

Updated Mar 26, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Highland Heights, KY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at General Cable (Highland Heights, KY) in November 2014.

Interview

1. 15-20 minute phone interview with an HR representative: discussed resume and job experience. 2. First On-sight interview at HQ: One on one interviews with 4 different Inside Sales Managers for 30 minutes each. Basic interview questions covering your resume, work experience, strengths/weaknesses, etc. 3. Second on-sight interview at HQ: One on one interview with an HR manager and the VP of North American Sales. Interview with the HR manager lasted about an 45 minutes to an hour to discuss the position and my skills. Interview with the VP of North American Sales lasted 15 to 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Discuss a situation where you used outstanding customer service skills to fulfill a customer's needs:   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Highland Heights, Campbell, KY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at General Cable (Highland Heights, Campbell, KY) in March 2014.

Interview

I went through a four step process beginning with a brief phone interview in which I was given a more detailed description of the position and department. After a week or so I was asked back for my first in person interview which was "panel " style. Three managers/ supervisors from various departments all asking classic interview questions- what are your weaknesses? Why GC? Etc....I felt positive about the interview and asked when they would be making a decision. They said soon and that they had many poise ions open. I followed up but heard nothing til a month later at which point they asked me in for another panel interview then to meet with the hr director. All went well. I was not hired. Only thing I can think of is they did not want to pay my salary which at the time was 45k? Was too bad bc I felt it would have been a good fit. The company seemed to have a good feel/culture.

Internal Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Highland Heights, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at General Cable (Highland Heights, KY) in October 2013.

Interview

Received phone call from in-house recruiter, then did a panel interview with the department managers. After that, had a 1:1 interview with the VP of the department.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Highland Heights, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Cable (Highland Heights, KY) in April 2011.

Interview

- Panel Interview (4-5 people outside of HR) - Experience based questions, some case scenario example questions - Call back after 1-2 weeks following the interview

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to manage a conflict with your supervisor.   Answer Question