General Cable

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Manufacturing Training Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at General Cable in November 2009.

When I interviewed with General Cable MTP program as a recent Engineering undergrad, the process was very competitive. The company is looking to turn the graduate from MTP program to become a Plant Manager in 10 years. Therefore, it's a fast track to become very successful in the manufacturing business.
                When I was interviewed, I was flown to Kentucky (the headquarters). Once i got to the hotel, I had a hard written card from the President of the company to wish us good luck. (which was very personable).
 The interview lasted two days. The first day we had the tour of one of the plants and dinner with the VP of the company. The second day was the interview process. The interview process consisted of 4-5 interviews in a row with the VP of the companies and most of them were repetitive questions. Some of the questions were "why would I chose you instead of the other candidates?" and what are your goals, etc. The interviews were not technicial at all.
They are really looking for people who wants to be successful and is very career orientated. As being able to travel and relocate is a must.

Once I flew back home, they called back within 24 hours with their decision.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me in 60 seconds or less, why should I choose you instead of the other candidates outside?   Answer Question