General Dynamics Advanced Information Systems

22 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Software Engineer II Interview

Senior Software Engineer II

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at General Dynamics Advanced Information Systems.

Interview Details – Easy interview process, very non-technical. Based on personality.

Interview Question – None, it was the easiest interview I have ever been on. Basically it was based on my personality.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I got the salary I wanted.

Scottsdale, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at General Dynamics Advanced Information Systems in September 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewed with a panel of 4 people.

Interview Question – Typical job related questions.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Leadership Program Interview

Pittsfield, MA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at General Dynamics Advanced Information Systems in November 2013.

Interview Details – Interview process was an all day interview, with 3 separate interview sessions divided with 3 different plant tours. Overall everyone was friendly, and the day was generally low stress. Unfortunately by the end of the third interview, I was tired and wasn't able to respond as well as I had in the first two interviews.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Systems Engineer
Dayton, OH

I applied in-person - interviewed at General Dynamics Advanced Information Systems in May 2009.

Interview Details – Very straight forward job fair with questions about experience.

Reason for Declining – Looking elsewhere

Senior Lead Systems Engineer Interview

Santa Clara, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at General Dynamics Advanced Information Systems in September 2009.

Interview Details – This was very streamlined and efficient.

Negotiation Details – Negotiations not possible.

Very Easy Interview

Help Desk Interview

Help Desk
Springfield, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at General Dynamics Advanced Information Systems in June 2010.

Interview Details – Easy, they would take anyone

Systems Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at General Dynamics Advanced Information Systems.

Interview Details – Contacted by a recruiter from a resume I handed off at the ASU career fair. She told me that a hiring manager expressed interest and would like to meet with me. I set up the interview, and was surprised to show up and find that I was actually doing 6 interviews in a row with different people. All of the interviews were mostly behavioral with one technical question asked. After my gauntlet of interviews, I never heard from the recruiter again. She did not follow up with me, and ignored my emails/calls. I did find it rather amusing that during our conversation she referred to herself as a "mama bear" to all of her candidates. I didn't realize bears were so apt to abandon their cubs. I jest, although in all seriousness it was rather unprofessional behavior on her part.

Interview Question – Timing diagram - AND gate with single inverting input, same setup with with delayed AND and NOT gates   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied online and interviewed at General Dynamics Advanced Information Systems.

Interview Details – The interview process was very straightforward. I had a phone interview and then I was invited to an in-person interview. Both were behavioral interviews. The hiring manager was very welcoming and took time to get to know you and describe the job and past internship experiences with you.

A few days after the second interview, I received an offer from another company with a 48 hour time period to respond to that offer. I contacted GD and the HR department worked quickly to give me a response about this internship.

Interview Question – Questions were mainly based on your resume.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer - I Interview

Systems Engineer - I
Pittsfield, MA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at General Dynamics Advanced Information Systems in November 2012.

Interview Details – I gave them my resume at the job fair on my campus. Got called in for an interview at Pittsfield, MA. Was interviewed by 3 people, 1 MechE, 1 Systems engineer and the hiring manager for the Englineering leadership program on soft skills. All asked standard behavioral interview questions and

Interview Question – Name a time that you failed to meet your goal in a project and what did you take away from it?   Answer Question

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Ypsilanti, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at General Dynamics Advanced Information Systems in June 2012.

Interview Details – Interview consisted of two parts: A phone interview and an onsite interview.

Phone interview was pretty straight forward, with the interviewer asking me about my skills and experiences. I was able to ask about the nature of the company, a typical workday, etc.

On-site interview was with the hiring manager i spoke to on the phone as well as 4 programmers. More questions about my skills and experiences, and I asked more questions about the workplace culture, methodology, and the type of work I would do there. Very relaxed and straightforward interview.

Interview Question – They had me write out fib using recursion and tail-recursion. I messed up on the tail-recursion part (what an amateur!) which probably resulted in me not getting an offer.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for General Dynamics Advanced Information Systems? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at General Dynamics Advanced Information Systems interview questions and advice. All 22 interview reviews posted anonymously by General Dynamics Advanced Information Systems employees and interview candidates.