General Dynamics Advanced Information Systems

2.5

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at General Dynamics Advanced Information Systems in October 2014.

Got a generic email from an HR person in another state. Sent her my resume, got a call from a local hiring manager, and a few days later had a phone interview. I now have an in-person interview scheduled for a few days from now.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for a big company?   View Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsfield, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at General Dynamics Advanced Information Systems in October 2014.

Met with them at a Career Fair, passed my resume along to the recruiter, and set up an on-site interview in Pittsfield, MA.

On site, I received a tour of the facility, and then went through the interview. The questions consisted of my basic coursework and how that applied to this job, as well as a general knowledge test of my understanding of systems engineering as a whole.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the V-Model in as much detail, commenting on the specifics of what is going on within each stage.   Answer Question

Junior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at General Dynamics Advanced Information Systems in August 2014.

Interview was very straight forward. They asked the basic questions: what is your greatest strengths, some computer science questions, and relocation questions. The only question that surprised me was "do you know what the software development life cycle and can you describe it us in a minute or two?"

Interview Questions
    • do you know what the software development life cycle and can you describe it us in a minute or two?   Answer Question

Computer Network Defense Monitor Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at General Dynamics Advanced Information Systems.

Initial communications were very easy. I submitted my resume via the website, and received a call within a few weeks. The interview itself was very easy. I was interviewed by the manager and the engineer from the next tier above the position I applied for. They were very nice and we had a pleasant conversation before starting the questions. The actual questions for the interview are standardized by HR. They are an even split of knowledge and technical questions related to the position and situations you may encounter in the position.

Interview Questions
    • How would you perform a search within a Unix command line terminal?   Answer Question
    The negotiation was very difficult. It was all over the phone with an HR representative. They were not flexible with benefits, and would budge no more than 1% on the offer. I held out for about a week before I was told to make a decision or they would revoke the offer.

Senior Adv Eng 1-Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Crystal City, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Crystal City, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at General Dynamics Advanced Information Systems in April 2014.

I had an initial phone screening with the PM of the project and then they invited me in for an in-person interview 3 days later meeting with the PM and 2 other members of the team. The interview was not very formal at all and comfortable. I was able to answer all questions posed and felt really good afterwards. Received an offer 3 days after in-person interview.

Interview Questions
    • Wasn't really asked a difficult or unexpected question unless asking about my then current agency counts.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer II Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at General Dynamics Advanced Information Systems.

Easy interview process, very non-technical. Based on personality.

Interview Questions
    • None, it was the easiest interview I have ever been on. Basically it was based on my personality.   Answer Question
    I got the salary I wanted.

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online – interviewed at General Dynamics Advanced Information Systems in January 2014.

Applied on line, 4 weeks later got a phone screening interview. It was a pleasant conversation, mostly asking a series questions regarding traveling and potential support to other test facilities. Since my skill-sets seemed to fit the position, I was expecting an invitation for further interview, but a week later my online applicant status had changed to "not selected".

Manufacturing Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsfield, MA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at General Dynamics Advanced Information Systems in November 2013.

Interview process was an all day interview, with 3 separate interview sessions divided with 3 different plant tours. Overall everyone was friendly, and the day was generally low stress. Unfortunately by the end of the third interview, I was tired and wasn't able to respond as well as I had in the first two interviews.

Systems Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at General Dynamics Advanced Information Systems.

Contacted by a recruiter from a resume I handed off at the ASU career fair. She told me that a hiring manager expressed interest and would like to meet with me. I set up the interview, and was surprised to show up and find that I was actually doing 6 interviews in a row with different people. All of the interviews were mostly behavioral with one technical question asked. After my gauntlet of interviews, I never heard from the recruiter again. She did not follow up with me, and ignored my emails/calls. I did find it rather amusing that during our conversation she referred to herself as a "mama bear" to all of her candidates. I didn't realize bears were so apt to abandon their cubs. I jest, although in all seriousness it was rather unprofessional behavior on her part.

Interview Questions
    • Timing diagram - AND gate with single inverting input, same setup with with delayed AND and NOT gates   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at General Dynamics Advanced Information Systems in May 2013.

Applied online multiple times and had two separate interviews, the first which I didn't receive an offer (but was runner-up) and the second I received an offer. Both interviews were very similar and with multiple people. Most questions were based off of my resume and projects I'd worked on and classes I'd taken. They'd prefer you know C++ but it's okay if you don't, you can learn.

Interview Questions
    • None, they were all straightforward. Know the good and bad of things like using pointers and whatnot.   Answer Question
    It was an internship, no negotiation.