General Dynamics C4 Systems Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jun 18, 2014
54 interviews

2.3

Systems Engineer I Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at General Dynamics C4 Systems.

I had 3 interviews that were each about 45 minutes long. Each person I met with was incredibly nice and easy to get along with. They didn't ask much technically at all, but more described their respective projects and then asked if I were interested. Then they would ask some basic background/ability questions but nothing that was difficult to answer.

Interview Questions
    • None, they were all really background and experience questions.   Answer Question

Buyer Interview

The interview was pretty standard, I met with the hiring manager and went through routine questions. Hiring process was drawn out for no reason, they wanted me to start immediately, but took two weeks to get an offer letter. I then had to give proper notice to my employer at the time.

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbia, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

I interviewed through a staffing agency - interviewed at General Dynamics C4 Systems in August 2010.

The hiring and interview process was thorough and direct. Several layers of interviews were conducted. It took a few months for the whole process to be completed. That's a lot of red tape to cut through but it is typical with a company of that size. Overall a generally well done if not swift experience. This is necessary if one expects to be employed at a large enterprise organization.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question is about weaknesses.   View Answer
    Yes, negotiable salary

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tempe, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at General Dynamics C4 Systems in October 2010.

Got a phone call asking if I had been interviewed yet, said no so was given interview slot. Had a half day interview with multiple people ending with a lunch with a team leader. They were looking for someone to start very soon. Was called a few days later and offered position.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked technical engineering questions. They were looking for my best fit so I got some software programming questions.   View Answer
    Was told pay rate was non negotiable, but rate of pay was good for me so I was happy.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Phone interview, then in plant interview

Interview Questions
    • Name a project where you struggled and how you overcame that struggle.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at General Dynamics C4 Systems in March 2014.

Took 1 month to get called, on site interview, then 2nd onsite interview then offer

None

Systems Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Needham Heights, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Needham Heights, MA

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at General Dynamics C4 Systems.

Applied for the Taunton location, but got an email asking if I would like to work in Needham. Park in the street (I did) or in the lot, no one seems to care. The receptionist in the main building was lovely, and was great to talk to while I waited.

Interviews were 1-on-1, three in total. This office mostly deals with the software side of things, but likes to have non-software guys work the systems department from what I gathered. Previously I worked at Raytheon as a systems engineer intern, so most questions were aimed at that. All questions came directly from my resume, and basically was me talking about my resume for a total of 2.5 hours. Each interview was about 40 mins, and 30 of those minutes were because I had a lot of questions; without questions it would have been done by about 10 mins.

The interviews were super simple overall, and everyone was really great. No facility tour, you're only allowed to take about 3 steps in to the building in to a conference room.

Interview Questions
    Still considering the job, but the offer was presented and was very generous for an Engineer I position. The offer also included a sizable signing bonus. No negotiation was really needed since the offer exceeded the Engineer I salary bracket

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Taunton, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Taunton, MA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at General Dynamics C4 Systems in October 2013.

Human Resources employee emailed me after a brief talk at a career fair. Set up interview for the next week. Drove down to the property to go the interview (no transportation provided). Met with three employees for a "technical interview". Asked basic questions about work experience and coursework, as well as describing the position being interviewed for, and basic tasks it would involved.

Field Systems Engineer Interview

They prefer prior military service and a good understanding of military operations and procedures. For the technical stuff you will need to be Security Plus certified and have at least one computer certification (i.e. MCSA 2008, SQL, Exchange, SharePoint)

Pretty simple.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Scottsdale, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

I interviewed through a staffing agency - interviewed at General Dynamics C4 Systems.

General Dynamics uses a Behavioral Interviewing Selection Process within a team. Most applicants are screened via the telephone first, and then brought in for an initial interview. Thereafter, a team of leaders will interview the screened candidate in joint or separate interviews, usually in one, very long day.

Interview Questions
    • It is not uncommon for technical questions to be posed for engineering positions.   Answer Question
    GD doesn't typically negotiate. The give you best and final offers.

Worked for General Dynamics C4 Systems? Contribute to the Community!