General Dynamics C4 Systems

43 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Program Management Analyst Interview

Interviewed at General Dynamics C4 Systems

Interview Details – I interviewed with a panel of 2 and had two interviews. That was preceded by a phone interview with the hiring manager as well as an interview with an HR screen. The interviews went very well. One was a technical interview and one was a personality interview. The process lasted about 2 hours.

Interview Question – How would you solve a personality conflict   Answer Question

DIRECTOR QUALITY Interview

Scottsdale, AZ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at General Dynamics C4 Systems.

Interview Details – Transferred from another division

Interview Question – I was pretty much accepted sight unseen due to personal recommendations by others.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate.

Senior Mechanical Engineer Interview

Interviewed at General Dynamics C4 Systems

Interview Details – Our company was acquired so there was no interview process.

Interview Question – This does not apply to me as we were acquired by General Dynamics   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Senior Electrical Engineer Interview

Senior Electrical Engineer
Scottsdale, AZ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at General Dynamics C4 Systems.

Interview Details – Entered hiring process by handing my resumee to a former co-worker who was employed with GD at the time. I was contacted by someone at HR a couple of weeks later. Within a week, I had an interview with the hardware team lead for one of the projects at GD as well as with two staff electrical engineers. I received an offer within two weeks of my interview.

Interview Question – Most questions dealt with previous experience. There we no truly difficult questions during the interview, though the time spent with the two staff engineers was interesting since it was more of a "Ping-Pong, rapid fire" interview where one would ask a question and then the other would ask a different one immediately after the previous question was answered.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation involved. The offer was what I was expecting.

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Scottsdale, AZ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at General Dynamics C4 Systems.

Interview Details – I was scheduled for two days of interviews and 5 or more interviews each day. Most of the people were personable, but it would have been nice to have one group interview that was more coordinated and less redundant. HR was not very responsive and viewed the experience as a great opportunity for me, but it seemed like more of a burden to them. The engineering managers' attitudes were not the same. If I didn't follow up with them on the process, I'm not sure that I would have been hired, even after accepting their offer.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Slow. The HR department was not very responsive, so I worked with the Engineering managers who also pushed HR to get moving.

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer
Taunton, MA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at General Dynamics C4 Systems in July 2011.

Interview Details – Met with lots of people, interviewed with a very random selection of managers. I was already a contractor there, but switching to an employee position as they were not renewing contracts.

Interview Question – Not many technical questions, as the managers are mostly non-technical and they do all the interviewing.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, they claim that there's an HR formula for pay based on number of years experience and college degrees (and no other factors).

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Mechanical Engineer
Taunton, MA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at General Dynamics C4 Systems.

Interview Details – o Had internship there - not much of an interview, just simple chit-chat with manager to satisfy what HR wants.
o HR is very by-the-book, most managers prefers to hire people that they know (connection...connection...connection)
o Once you got the connection, everything else is easy-pecy

Interview Question – o None.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I was made a better offer elsewhere.

Software Engineer II Interview

Minneapolis, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at General Dynamics C4 Systems in September 2008.

Interview Details – Saw posting on Monster.com and submitted resume. Colleagues from previous employer worked there, which helped the interview process.

Interview Question – Some rather detailed questions regarding my experience with low-level drivers and Linux experience.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Knowing folks already employed allowed me to know what to expect, so this was easy.

Field Systems Engineer Interview

Scottsdale, AZ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at General Dynamics C4 Systems in November 2009.

Interview Details – After initial discussions with the department manger over salery the company provided round trip airfare and rental car to interview in person.
The interview was very informal, numerous discussions with current employees, to guage your ability to remain professional.
Skill sets were tested both through "casual" conversation in addition to practical application. If a skill or ability is on your resume be prepared to prove it.

Interview Question – What is the worst designed function of system "y". Why?
What could be done to make it better?
  Answer Question

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Principal Software Engineer
Sunrise, FL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at General Dynamics C4 Systems in February 2010.

Interview Details – Easiest interview asked me about What i did before. This is not Technically brilliant company. I need the offer so I accepted it.

Interview Question – what did you do before?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Take it or leave it.

Interviews for Top Jobs at General Dynamics C4 Systems