General Dynamics C4 Systems

Updated Dec 4, 2014

2.3

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

I applied through college or university – interviewed at General Dynamics C4 Systems.

Right out of college you are brought onsite for three interview.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taunton, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at General Dynamics C4 Systems in October 2013.

Human Resources employee emailed me after a brief talk at a career fair. Set up interview for the next week. Drove down to the property to go the interview (no transportation provided). Met with three employees for a "technical interview". Asked basic questions about work experience and coursework, as well as describing the position being interviewed for, and basic tasks it would involved.

Senior Program Management Analyst Interview

I interviewed with a panel of 2 and had two interviews. That was preceded by a phone interview with the hiring manager as well as an interview with an HR screen. The interviews went very well. One was a technical interview and one was a personality interview. The process lasted about 2 hours.

Director Quality Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at General Dynamics C4 Systems.

Transferred from another division

Interview Questions
    • I was pretty much accepted sight unseen due to personal recommendations by others.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate.

Senior Mechanical Engineer Interview

Our company was acquired so there was no interview process.

Interview Questions
    • This does not apply to me as we were acquired by General Dynamics   Answer Question

Senior Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at General Dynamics C4 Systems.

Entered hiring process by handing my resumee to a former co-worker who was employed with GD at the time. I was contacted by someone at HR a couple of weeks later. Within a week, I had an interview with the hardware team lead for one of the projects at GD as well as with two staff electrical engineers. I received an offer within two weeks of my interview.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions dealt with previous experience. There we no truly difficult questions during the interview, though the time spent with the two staff engineers was interesting since it was more of a "Ping-Pong, rapid fire" interview where one would ask a question and then the other would ask a different one immediately after the previous question was answered.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation involved. The offer was what I was expecting.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at General Dynamics C4 Systems.

I was scheduled for two days of interviews and 5 or more interviews each day. Most of the people were personable, but it would have been nice to have one group interview that was more coordinated and less redundant. HR was not very responsive and viewed the experience as a great opportunity for me, but it seemed like more of a burden to them. The engineering managers' attitudes were not the same. If I didn't follow up with them on the process, I'm not sure that I would have been hired, even after accepting their offer.

Interview Questions
    Slow. The HR department was not very responsive, so I worked with the Engineering managers who also pushed HR to get moving.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taunton, MA

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at General Dynamics C4 Systems.

o Had internship there - not much of an interview, just simple chit-chat with manager to satisfy what HR wants.
    o HR is very by-the-book, most managers prefers to hire people that they know (connection...connection...connection)
    o Once you got the connection, everything else is easy-pecy

Interview Questions

I was made a better offer elsewhere.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at General Dynamics C4 Systems in March 2012.

Must be willing to work long hours for low wages.

Interview Questions
    The wasn't any negotiation. If your not willing to take the job we can find someone else who is.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taunton, MA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at General Dynamics C4 Systems in July 2011.

Met with lots of people, interviewed with a very random selection of managers. I was already a contractor there, but switching to an employee position as they were not renewing contracts.

Interview Questions
    • Not many technical questions, as the managers are mostly non-technical and they do all the interviewing.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, they claim that there's an HR formula for pay based on number of years experience and college degrees (and no other factors).