General Dynamics C4 Systems

Relevance Date Difficulty

Various Interview

Various
Scottsdale, AZ

I applied online - interviewed at General Dynamics C4 Systems in April 2010.

Interview Details – generally GDC4S follows the normal interview process. Interview with 4 or 5 people and no trick questions.

Interview Question – Not likely to get difficult questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was interviewed in 1985, but GD hasn't changed much since then.

Very Easy Interview

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Scottsdale, AZ

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at General Dynamics C4 Systems in March 2012.

Interview Details – Must be willing to work long hours for low wages.

Interview Question – How doyou feel about unpaid overtime.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The wasn't any negotiation. If your not willing to take the job we can find someone else who is.

General Dynamics Interview

General Dynamics
Duluth, GA

I applied in-person and interviewed at General Dynamics C4 Systems.

Interview Details – Pass boss moved to General Dynamics and knew my work ethics

Negotiation Details – Very easy

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Scottsdale, AZ

I applied through college or university and interviewed at General Dynamics C4 Systems.

Interview Details – Right out of college you are brought onsite for three interview.

Interview Question – Most behavioral   Answer Question

Principal Staff Software Engineer Interview

Principal Staff Software Engineer
Sunrise, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at General Dynamics C4 Systems in June 2009.

Interview Details – Interviewed at a large job fair.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for GDC4S?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Senior Program Management Analyst Interview

Senior Program Management Analyst

Interviewed at General Dynamics C4 Systems

Interview Details – I interviewed with a panel of 2 and had two interviews. That was preceded by a phone interview with the hiring manager as well as an interview with an HR screen. The interviews went very well. One was a technical interview and one was a personality interview. The process lasted about 2 hours.

Interview Question – How would you solve a personality conflict   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Director Quality Interview

Director Quality
Scottsdale, AZ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at General Dynamics C4 Systems.

Interview Details – Transferred from another division

Interview Question – I was pretty much accepted sight unseen due to personal recommendations by others.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate.

Senior Mechanical Engineer Interview

Senior Mechanical Engineer

Interviewed at General Dynamics C4 Systems

Interview Details – Our company was acquired so there was no interview process.

Interview Question – This does not apply to me as we were acquired by General Dynamics   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Duluth, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at General Dynamics C4 Systems in July 2009.

Interview Details – Process is that you must post your resume through the company website first even if someone refers you. It is the only way HR will accept resumes. Then you are screened first by HR, then hiring manager for selection. If selected, an phone and/or in-person interview is scheduled and multiple people question you.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself 5 years from now?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Hiring manager discusses with either you or recruiter - salary range is already determined for position. Then if you select offer - it will come from HR.

Senior Electrical Engineer Interview

Senior Electrical Engineer
Scottsdale, AZ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at General Dynamics C4 Systems.

Interview Details – Entered hiring process by handing my resumee to a former co-worker who was employed with GD at the time. I was contacted by someone at HR a couple of weeks later. Within a week, I had an interview with the hardware team lead for one of the projects at GD as well as with two staff electrical engineers. I received an offer within two weeks of my interview.

Interview Question – Most questions dealt with previous experience. There we no truly difficult questions during the interview, though the time spent with the two staff engineers was interesting since it was more of a "Ping-Pong, rapid fire" interview where one would ask a question and then the other would ask a different one immediately after the previous question was answered.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation involved. The offer was what I was expecting.