General Dynamics C4 Systems Software Engineer Interview Questions

2.3

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at General Dynamics C4 Systems in March 2010.

Met a recruiter at a university job fair. Did an initial phone screen, then they called back a couple weeks later and I flew out to their site. You go in and they explain things, then you interview 1:1 with three people. They ask little to no technical questions, it was the easiest interview I ever did.

Other Interview Reviews for General Dynamics C4 Systems

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Needham, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Needham, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at General Dynamics C4 Systems in October 2009.

The company invited individuals for a career day to recruit new employees. They gave some general background information on the company, and some of the different solutions they provided to their customers. It was pretty interesting. Then the interviewees were broken off and each assigned an interviewer. 30 Minute 1 on 1technical interviews were held, and then interviewees rotated to a new interviewer to continue the process. All together three technical interviews were conducted. Lunch was provided which was decent. The people and work culture are generally less social and more work oriented. People at the company in general have mostly been at the company for a large number of years, and there seemed to be a large gap in age between new employees and all other employees. Everyone was very nice and very intelligent.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at General Dynamics C4 Systems in September 2009.

Recruiter contacted me, 2 weeks later hiring manager contacted me for phone interview followed by a face-to-face.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at General Dynamics C4 Systems in January 2009.

Recruiter came to my school, talked to me for 30 minutes. I showed interest in the job, they gave me an interview in Arizona. There were no technical questions asked, there were no personality questions asked. Just an overview of what they did and judged my interest.

When I flew out there, I had 3 1:1 interviews, a new recruit lunch, and a dinner in the evening. Accommodation were nice.

The new recruit lunch consisted of everyone going around telling their names, where they're from, their background and interests. The dinner was more of a social gathering, some of the managers came out to let you know if you were hired.

The 3 1:1 interviews were unrelated to each other and went as followed
    1) Discussion over a good present for the interviewer's daughter for an hour
    2) Technical questions (e.g. what is an abstract class). Why do I want to work there, etc.
    3) Listened to the lady talk about what they did for an hour. ( i didn't even talk... )

Interviewers 1 and 3 wanted me, didn't matter if I did good or bad on interview 2.

I was sent a letter via fed-ex a week later with acceptance and a drug test.

Interview Questions
    • What is an abstract class? What is a JVM?   View Answer
    • This is what we do, does it sound interesting to you?   View Answer
    Not able to negotiate, they have formulas about how much you get paid. More experience / education results in 1k~ additional salary but is presented to you initially.

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Needham, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Needham, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at General Dynamics C4 Systems in January 2009.

4 People asked experience related questions.

Interview Questions
    Stated my current rate, asked for their best rate.

Software Engineer Interview

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at General Dynamics C4 Systems in April 2010.

Discussed possible positions within the company and my skill set, as well as what I have been working on in school and how I felt this would be applicable in the company. I was also asked how I would approach a problem that I had no knowledge about assuming the project was an extremely large one.

Interview Questions
    • How would you approach a project that you had no prior knowledge too assuming that the project will take you at least a few weeks to complete?   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at General Dynamics C4 Systems in June 2008.

Went to company, talked for 1 hour, hired the next day as contractor
    They asked what experience I had relating to the communication project I was to work on.
    I told them of my experience in coding in C++, test experience and document writing experience.
    They were pleasent to deal with and I didn't feel under much pressure

Interview Questions
    I requested a reasonable rate for the area and they agreed
    I since found out I could have asked for $5 or more and I would probably gotten it

Worked for General Dynamics C4 Systems? Contribute to the Community!