General Dynamics Information Technology

www.gdit.com
Employer Engaged

General Dynamics Information Technology Contract Administrator Interview Questions

Updated Nov 14, 2014
Updated Nov 14, 2014

2.5

Contracts Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology in November 2014.

I was contacted with details of the position by a recruiter who found my resume online. After expressing interest in the role, I was asked to complete a short questionnaire. My answers were then shared with the hiring manager and a face to face interview was scheduled the following week. I had one meeting with the hiring manager and was sent an offer letter two days later.

The recruiter was very professional and timely in her communication. The hiring manager was also very personable and detailed about the company and position during the interview.

Interview Questions
  • After receiving an RFP, what are the items you would look at immediately?   Answer Question
  • How would you handle a demanding co-worker?   Answer Question
They asked for my salary range upfront and then told me what was "budgeted" for the position. It was a little bit lower than my desired range but I had some flexibility. When the offer letter came through, I was offered a generous amount over what they said was budgeted, putting me just slightly under my range so I accepted. I also considered the benefits package and my manager's willingness to allow a flexible start and end time. Those were important to me, and have value as well.

Other Interview Reviews for General Dynamics Information Technology

Contract Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

The process took a weekinterviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology in September 2011.

The hiring process was very personal. I met directly with the person who would have been my manager, as well as her manager. Everyone was very honest and straightforward about the company's expectations, the skills required to do the job, the position responsibilities, the salary, etc. They were open to discussing compensation options as well. The interviewers asked specific questions regarding my experience doing exactly what I would be expected to do at General Dynamics, which was a true test of my knowledge and experience (rather than your typical "what's your biggest weakness" type questions). It was a refreshing interview, somewhat challenging, but it felt tailored to the position and the time spent answering direct questions seemed very worthwhile.

Interview Questions
    • Walk us through the process from receipt of an RFP to signature of the contract.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about your experience operating in an audit-ready environment and the procedures in place to ensure compliance.   Answer Question

I originally accepted an offer, but my current company counter-offered a promotion to a position in a location that was more desirable.