General Dynamics Information Technology
www.gdit.com Fairfax, VA 5000+ Employees

General Dynamics Information Technology Interview Questions & Reviews in Fairfax, VA

Updated Dec 4, 2013

Getting the Interview

5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Fairfax, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology in October 2009.

Interview Details – Two telephone interviews and 1 in-person. The in-person was a formality where I was introduced to who I would be working for/with. On my start day, my reporting manager was changed and key people I interviewed with had already left the company. Company is very easy to get in to. Employee referral is always the best, but they also use a lot of recruiting companies as well.

Interview Question – Hypothetical questions as it related to project management methodologies.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Company offered me more than I was looking for, so negotiations were practically non-existent.

Director Interview

Director
Fairfax, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology in September 2009.

Interview Details – The Hiring and Interview process were very professional with a HR manager and VP from the Division that I was applying. The interview lasted about an hour and they were very nice and mindful of my time.

Interview Question – The most difficult questions were situational questions, "What would you do in this type of situation?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The negotiation was fair given the location and experiance.

Intern Interview

Intern
Fairfax, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology in February 2013.

Interview Details – 1 interview with director of finance

Interview Question – The classic what is your biggest negative flaw   Answer Question

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Junior Software Engineer
Fairfax, VA

I applied through college or university and interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology.

Interview Details – They contacted me through email and offered me an interview for a position and top secret clearance sponsorship. I responded and after one phone session providing basic information, I had a java prescreening exam. I did not pass this exam.

Interview Question – What are the benefits and negatives of using recursive programming?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Principal Engineer - Software Interview

Fairfax, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology in August 2011.

Interview Details – A technical recruiter contacted me via a job board website. Upon conducting an initial phone screen, I was scheduled for an onsite interview. The onsite interview was with a technical lead and the program manager. The interview was mostly a discussion of my past projects with no technical questions. The feedback was immediate (decision was made at the end of the interview) to hire me. The technical recruiter provided timely feedback on the status of the interview process and a decision was made quickly.

Interview Question – What plans do you have regarding career growth?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The negotiation was very simple: I am looking for $...We can only afford $...take it or leave it. The salary was above market average.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for General Dynamics Information Technology? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at General Dynamics Information Technology interview questions and advice in Fairfax, VA. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by General Dynamics Information Technology employees and interview candidates.