General Dynamics Information Technology

2.4

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology.

They contacted me through email and offered me an interview for a position and top secret clearance sponsorship. I responded and after one phone session providing basic information, I had a java prescreening exam. I did not pass this exam.

Interview Questions
    • What are the benefits and negatives of using recursive programming?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology in February 2013.

1 interview with director of finance

Principal Engineer - Software Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology in August 2011.

A technical recruiter contacted me via a job board website. Upon conducting an initial phone screen, I was scheduled for an onsite interview. The onsite interview was with a technical lead and the program manager. The interview was mostly a discussion of my past projects with no technical questions. The feedback was immediate (decision was made at the end of the interview) to hire me. The technical recruiter provided timely feedback on the status of the interview process and a decision was made quickly.

Interview Questions
    The negotiation was very simple: I am looking for $...We can only afford $...take it or leave it. The salary was above market average.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology in October 2009.

Two telephone interviews and 1 in-person. The in-person was a formality where I was introduced to who I would be working for/with. On my start day, my reporting manager was changed and key people I interviewed with had already left the company. Company is very easy to get in to. Employee referral is always the best, but they also use a lot of recruiting companies as well.

Interview Questions
    • Hypothetical questions as it related to project management methodologies.   View Answer
    Company offered me more than I was looking for, so negotiations were practically non-existent.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology in September 2009.

The Hiring and Interview process were very professional with a HR manager and VP from the Division that I was applying. The interview lasted about an hour and they were very nice and mindful of my time.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult questions were situational questions, "What would you do in this type of situation?"   View Answer
    The negotiation was fair given the location and experiance.